Upsell upgrade

Got a phonecall from Rccl last Thursday, asking if we wanted to upgrade our staterooms (2) for a small amount on our cruise this coming Saturday. We gladely accepted, and payed with our creditcard. So far so good.:)

Today I got a call from Rccl again, saying they had made a mistake, selling too many upgrades, and they could not upgrade us after all, and would transfer the amount back to my creditcard in a couple of days:confused:

Huh ?? Is this normal - happend to anyone else ?

Sheri

Got a phonecall from Rccl last Thursday, asking if we wanted to upgrade our staterooms (2) for a small amount on our cruise this coming Saturday. We gladely accepted, and payed with our creditcard. So far so good.:)

Today I got a call from Rccl again, saying they had made a mistake, selling too many upgrades, and they could not upgrade us after all, and would transfer the amount back to my creditcard in a couple of days:confused:

Huh ?? Is this normal - happend to anyone else ?

Sheri

upselling or "reduced rate upgrade" is somewhat of a new thing with Royal.

I'm shocked :rolleyes:they can't keep track of upgrades sold. My burning question is did you get your same cabin back?

I'm shocked :rolleyes:they can't keep track of upgrades sold. My burning question is did you get your same cabin back?

Yes, we got both the same cabins back:o

Sheri

Wondering why you are shocked. RCCL management has a hard time keeping their basic policies together. I can only imagine whwhat it's like now that multiple people are calling multiple guests offering upgrades.

Wondering why you are shocked. RCCL management has a hard time keeping their basic policies together. I can only imagine whwhat it's like now that multiple people are calling multiple guests offering upgrades.

Personally I would not have accepted this situation. You paid for the upgrade..once they charged you and you paid... in my opinion this is a binding contract and should have been upheld...let them take the deal back from someone else!!

did you catch the sarcastic smilie?

wow that is pretty newbish.

btw what did they (almost) upsell you to and for how much?

Edited by marci22

Personally I would not have accepted this situation. You paid for the upgrade..once they charged you and you paid... in my opinion this is a binding contract and should have been upheld...let them take the deal back from someone else!!

Wouldn't that "someone else" also have, as you say, a binding contract:confused:

Ah, yes. But lest we forget..the cruise ticket contract we all accept says, "The cruise line is always right and the passenger is always wrong," doesn't it? :D

Pete

I wouldn't have accepted this at all. I would have either made them upgrade to the next step up. Or I'm getting some serious OBC

And just how would you "make them" upgrade you? How would you "make them" provide OBC?:rolleyes:

And just how would you "make them" upgrade you? How would you "make them" provide OBC?:rolleyes:

You continue complaining up the chain until you get what you want. Simple. If I'm a valued customer they will Bend for me. Which they always have. My last issues I had I complained to the right people and wrote the right letters. Got a free cruise.

You continue complaining up the chain until you get what you want. Simple. If I'm a valued customer they will Bend for me. Which they always have. My last issues I had I complained to the right people and wrote the right letters. Got a free cruise.

Well you must be valued if you received a free cruise. Continue to complain and you will find out just how valued you are.

Well you must be valued if you received a free cruise. Continue to complain and you will find out just how valued you are.

Well I am loyal to royal. And I make that clear if I have a problem. They will go out of their way when the only cruise line you have been on is theirs and being diamond or higher doesn't hurt either. I have only had to complain twice in 11 years of cruising so that's good. First time I got $200 credits per person for my next cruise. Last time (they basically ruined an engagment I had planned) after writing letters to the right people they paid for me to go on my next cruise (allure) so I could make the proposal happen. Which with the help of rccl setting up something with the cruise director on our cruise not only did I get to make the proposal happen we got it on DVD thanks to rccl since they set my fiancé up before the love and marriage show started. They also gave us OBC to Celebrate on board and a couples massage. Ya they screwed up a big event for me big time the first time, but like I said. When you talk to the right people 9 times out of 10 your going to get what you want. It's also how you approach the subject. If I blast them from the word go I get no where. When I smooth talk and make it clear I'm unhappy but it wasn't their(the person I'm speaking to) fault. They usually work with me. Idk maybe your the first person I described. I'm just personally the latter.

Edited by UNV-IT!!!

That sucks. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

Would you mind sharing the details of the upgrade?

We always have balcony or suite, but for this cruise we decided to go for an inside, due to a very good price.

They called me last Thursday and asked if we wanted to upgrade for $ 400 from an inside to an ocean view. I said Yes Please....and they charged my credit card.

Called me back 4 days later (yesterday) and said Sorry....been a mistake. No more cabins available:(

I still haven't had a refund to my credit card.

Sheri

UNV-IT

Seems all has worked out well, but now I am curious. What happened that caused the engagement to be ruined?

M

We had a great dinner at portofino And we were suppose to return to a room that had been decorated with roses all over the room and pedals along with a special cake I had orderd and a batch of her favorite cupcakes (red velvet) along with champagne on the balcony. Of course she's not suppose to know this. But returned to the room me ready for the big surprise and the door opens and nothing. Not a single thing. Room just as we had left it. I had everything planned ahead of time with my room attentend and the hotel director time wise of our dinners and when our room would be done. Somewhere along the way the ball was dropped. The champagne and cupcakes were delivered the next night. Roses never happened and cake was thrown away because I had to call off the engagment at that point. So I didn't want her to see the cake and ruin the surprise. I figured I would have to do something else on my own. In the end rccl stepped up and I didn't have too. Got another chance. Bigger audience and on DVD. She said yes. Happily ever after the end. Lol.

Thanks UNV-IT

How long did you have to wait for the "I won’t ask her this cruise" to the "engagement cruise?

You must have been very persistent as I really would never imagine that they would give you a free cruise because the room decoration, and cake, etc were not delivered. Heck – there are frequent stories on CC noting that RCCL has dropped the ball regarding items ordered. Happened to me at least twice!

Sounds like you put a lot of thought into the engagement(s). I wish you both a happy and long marriage.

M

Thanks UNV-IT

How long did you have to wait for the "I won’t ask her this cruise" to the "engagement cruise?

You must have been very persistent as I really would never imagine that they would give you a free cruise because the room decoration, and cake, etc were not delivered. Heck – there are frequent stories on CC noting that RCCL has dropped the ball regarding items ordered. Happened to me at least twice!

Sounds like you put a lot of thought into the engagement(s). I wish you both a happy and long marriage.

M

The first cruise was in feb last year. Second cruise was nov last year. Like I said when I called I didn't just make this about of you forgot a cake. No you ruined my engagment.

• 3 years later...
Ah, yes. But lest we forget..the cruise ticket contract we all accept says, "The cruise line is always right and the passenger is always wrong," doesn't it? :D

Pete

Most contracts are written in favor of the seller. So yep pretty much correct. What they do not want is bad press - means they have to spend more advertising dollars to over come it

Most contracts are written in favor of the seller. So yep pretty much correct. What they do not want is bad press - means they have to spend more advertising dollars to over come it

Really? You resurrected a three and a half year old thread to complain about Royal Caribbean again, with a comment that has NOTHING to do with the topic of the resurrected thread?

<smh>

Really? You resurrected a three and a half year old thread to complain about Royal Caribbean again, with a comment that has NOTHING to do with the topic of the resurrected thread?

<smh>

My thoughts exactly :confused: 3 year ago has nothing to do with what is happening now on ships and can really confuse new or it's been a long time cruisers.

BonVoyage

Dawna