Incorrect Circle Number

karabear15

Recently booked New Years cruise, checked my cruise personalizer and noticed that they have me as a "blue" member. However, this will be my 7th cruise with Princess and I am a "platinum" member. I had this same problem on the last cruise I had taken, contacted Princess and they didn't have any sort of reasoning as to why I was coming up as a "blue" member. Things became a bit more difficult upon arriving to port when they didn't have my correct cruise card. Please don't get me wrong, I am not in any way trying to make this sound like an end of the world deal, but I thought most of this stuff was computerized and would just transfer for each cruise I took.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem, or was told a reasoning as to why/how it happens?

Could it be because I am traveling with a first time cruiser so they are automatically considered "blue"?

Yea, thats exactly what I did...I guess what I'm getting at is that this isn't the first time its happened. We are traveling with a large group for new years and I don't want to inconvenience the group if they have to wait an hour or so because I can't board until cruise card is fixed.

On board speak with the Captain's Circle representative. He/she will straighten this out. Be sure you have your correct Captain's Circle number with you.

Once she sets the computers with the crorect information, you can go to the Purser's desk and get the correct color cruise card.

Thanks everyone...I know its really trivial stuff, but I just don't want to make everyones first impression of the cruise line to be a negative one due to my stuff not being correct. For me its small, as I love cruising with Princess.

Is there a way to contact princess days before and see if they have my correct cruise card?

I know its really trivial stuff...

Not trivial at all...

I had an issue just today where I noticed that of my four booked cruises two had me listed as Elite and two as Platinum in my Personalizer. Since I'm an Elite member, I didn't want to take a chance on Princess having the correct info upon boarding, so I called Captain's Circle this morning to have it cleared up.

Why take time while on vacation to track down and rectify these issues when they can be fixed so easily beforehand?

Lew

Thanks everyone...I know its really trivial stuff, but I just don't want to make everyones first impression of the cruise line to be a negative one due to my stuff not being correct. For me its small, as I love cruising with Princess.

Is there a way to contact princess days before and see if they have my correct cruise card?

Contact Princess by phone at their 1-800 number and ask for a Captain's Circle representative. Explain your situation again to them and reference your booking number, asking to have the status proactively fixed. They should be able to have it fixed in the system within a day, tops. Best to get this done before the cruise.

From my knowledge, the people at the check-in desk are not capable of changing your cruise card color, and any change will have to occur once onboard ship. Finding a time when the Captain's Circle desk is open can be challenging at times - we've often find the desk times coincide with other activities we had planned.

Your status should be accurately reflected on your card, and any delay in correcting it onboard may cause issues with such things as accessing the internet benefit, should you wish to send an "I arrived safely" email to family or friends.

I had one case similar to yours where my number changed for some unknown computer glitch - they handled it by telephone quite quickly and nicely.

I agree, get in touch with Captain's Circle now, before you cruise. We have had problems changing DH's email address. Talked to hostess on ship and she "fixed" it - not. Back home I emailed Captain's Circle, asked for the change, and it was done.

Thanks again, the woman said it is fixed and I shouldn't have a problem...but just to be on the safe side I'll probably call when the time gets a bit closer just to make sure everything is good.
Glad you got it fixed. Check your Cruise Personalizer online to see if it is reflected in the system correctly. This can take up to a week, but should be there earlier. The Captain's Circle and Reservations systems are different computers and it may take a synchronization cycle for them to match, resulting in any delay. If not correct in a week, then call again.

Archived