Upgrade to JS or not?

Hi

Booked on the IOTS next June for 14 night Med Cruise. We have booked a Balcony cabin on deck 7.

Been reading the forum about the JS cabins, and the benefit of double C&A points. Which would them promote us to another level from Gold to Platinum.:D

Anyway my question/comment.

Sent an email to my TA requesting a price if we upgraded to a JS cabin from balcony. I expect there maybe a penalty fee to pay, but how much? Also, asked, what is there policy on price drops.

Also, is it worth upgrading? As there are JS cabins available at the AFT on deck 7 or shall I go for the " HUMP" on deck 9 as there are still cabins available there also.

I am based in the UK.

Thank you

Paul

PS.........Does anyone know what that big yellow thing in the sky is.....:eek:

Greetings

In my humble opinion it is not worth the extra £1500 to upgrade to a JS but it does depend on the length of time you spend in the cabin. I was upgraded to a JS in May and apart from a bigger cabin, bath and walk-in wardrobe the JS is no better than a balcony.

The benefits between gold and platinum aint worth that sort of money.

Pete & Wifey

ps Don't know what the yellow thing is. I can tell you I went outside with shampoo and shower gel as usual this morning - no water and my skin turned red!

You aren't charged a "penalty or fee"....simply the amount of the difference from your cabin to a better one.

As far as is it "worth" it....it is to me...so much that we don't even check the prices of standard cabins! I love the space and the bathtub and the walk-in closet! Wider balcony, too.

The "hump" area is coveted because of the convenience of location....love that area!!!

I only book JS and above so I may be too biased..However the larger cabin & balcony, larger bathroom with bathtub/shower combo, walkin closet and of course the double cruise credits..may just make it worth it to you too....If a JS hump area on deck #9 is available...grab it quick....#9638 is one of my favorites and have been in there a few times.... Rules in the UK may be different but I'm not sure there would be a "penalty" to pay for upgrading just the difference in price.......Sounds like you may be experiencing a bit of "sun" finally !!!Enjoy...you won't be sorry :)

You aren't charged a "penalty or fee"....simply the amount of the difference from your cabin to a better one.

As far as is it "worth" it....it is to me...so much that we don't even check the prices of standard cabins! I love the space and the bathtub and the walk-in closet! Wider balcony, too.

The "hump" area is coveted because of the convenience of location....love that area!!!

OP is in the UK...I believe there rules to change cabins are a bit more strick than our's here in the states...

If the price is in your budget then I would make the change...the extra space & double points is totally worth it to me...my rule of thumb for booking a JS is if the price diff. between a reg balcony & a JS is LESS than what I can book another cruise for then I do it!:D

Archived