If You Had $4000

kingsgirl

I would do another B2B. We have done 2 of them so far, one on Royal, one on Princess, and we have another one booked for Feb 2014 aboard the Jewel. I cannot wait, I love being on a ship for 2 weeks and can't wait for the day when we can go longer than that!

I'm crossing an item off my bucket list...doing the Panama Canal next year...as a solo cruiser $4,000 just about covers my cruise fare...but I've been waiting a long time to do this & I am going to have a GREAT time!

Funny you should mention. $4000 is just slightly under the total for two balcony cabins including MTD gratuties and taxes for a 9 day Carribean cruise on Explorer of the Seas departing in February. We are taking my daughter and son in law to celebrate my 65th birthday.

Do I have to bring my kids???

If not, I would choose perhaps New England/Canada cruise in the fall, or perhaps Alaska, then a nice little carribbean cruise to spend the rest of the money.

If I have to bring them, I would do the Freedom again in a heartbeat, with the kids in inside cabin across the hall while my hubby and I enjoy our balcony.

Or perhaps, with no kids, we would blow it all on a suite with club access.

I'm now spoiled, I want my balcony! Less cruises and nicer cabin for me!

Edit: 4K per person?? Two cruises, balcony cabins. Kids still across the hall, or home with Grandma.

I'm in the minority. I'll spend more than that on my upcoming cruise, in order to have a nice large suite. I'm in a position where money is not the limiting factor in my leisure endeavors, time is! I need to plan carefully for my time off because work is so busy. So, when I secure my time off, I go a little crazy!

I'm crossing an item off my bucket list...doing the Panama Canal next year...as a solo cruiser $4,000 just about covers my cruise fare...but I've been waiting a long time to do this & I am going to have a GREAT time!

You stole my answer!

I guess I am in the minority, but both my wife and I work and travel so much for work that we are lucky if we get to spend 1-2 nights a week under the same roof. After a 8 months of trying to align our schedules to get time off together we are splurging on a suite with all the perks in August for a relaxing week of us time. No kids, no stress, no work, just her and I and a big comfortable suite.

Archived