Azamara Quest - Dry Dock or Not?

bernipops

I understood that Azamara Quest was going into dry dock for 20 days from 7 November 2012 and then going on a 4 night cruise from Malaga that we are booked on from 28th November 2012.

I have, however, just had an email advertising a cruise on the Quest for 13 nights starting on 15th November 2012 at 18:00 from Malaga to the Canaries and returning on the 28th November 2012 at 06:00.

Not sure if I can put the travel agent link on here so will leave it off but has anyone out there heard about the dry dock time being reduced?

Thanks for any information.

Bernipops

I understood that Azamara Quest was going into dry dock for 20 days from 7 November 2012 and then going on a 4 night cruise from Malaga that we are booked on from 28th November 2012.

I have, however, just had an email advertising a cruise on the Quest for 13 nights starting on 15th November 2012 at 18:00 from Malaga to the Canaries and returning on the 28th November 2012 at 06:00.

Not sure if I can put the travel agent link on here so will leave it off but has anyone out there heard about the dry dock time being reduced?

Bernipops

No email here and nothing on the ACC web site.

Here is a copy of the advertisement in the email ...

Azamara Quest - 15 Nov, 13nt 6* Canary's Cruise

Fly from the UK to Malaga and board the luxury Azamara Quest. From here you will enjoy a day at Sea before overnighting in both Madiera and Tenerife. Next up is the isalnd of La Palma followed by an overnight on LaGomera Island and then day visits to Tenerife again, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Gibraltar and returning back to Malaga.

Prices from just £1099pp > OUR HOTTEST EVER OFFER?

The refurbishment element of the dry dock has been postponed so this would explain the Canaries cruise. See this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34629186&postcount=79

I'm guessing that means Quest will enter dry dock on the 7th November until the 15th for the essential work to be done to the engine room.

Phil

Bernipops

Hi Bernipops,

I'm not surprised that a sailing will be added, as logic dictates a reduced Drydock. It seems your TA knows more than what's been announced, but it makes sense. Bill Leiber will likely share the details with us shortly. Stay Tuned !

Well now I'm mad!! We signed up for the 7 Nov cruise mainly to see the Canaries, that was canceled then we rushed around and booked the 27 Oct Rome to Seville, and now it sounds like what we originally wanted may be back. AAAARRRGGG

Well now I'm mad!! We signed up for the 7 Nov cruise mainly to see the Canaries, that was canceled then we rushed around and booked the 27 Oct Rome to Seville, and now it sounds like what we originally wanted may be back. AAAARRRGGG

I was on that one too, but I really can't be mad. I have a very nice Mediterranean itinerary for the same price as the very reasonably priced Canaries one we were going to do and a $500 cabin credit as well. If was honest I still would have loved to do a relaxing Canaries cruise, but I am happy with the alternative. Sometimes these things happen.

Phil

I was on that one too, but I really can't be mad. I have a very nice Mediterranean itinerary for the same price as the very reasonably priced Canaries one we were going to do and a $500 cabin credit as well. If was honest I still would have loved to do a relaxing Canaries cruise, but I am happy with the alternative. Sometimes these things happen.

Phil

We were on that one as well, and I agree with you Phil. We're looking forward to boarding Journey for the first time later this week, but would love to join the new Canary Islands offering as well! Unfortunately, work schedules won't allow more time off later this year.

Doug

We were on that one as well, and I agree with you Phil. We're looking forward to boarding Journey for the first time later this week, but would love to join the new Canary Islands offering as well! Unfortunately, work schedules won't allow more time off later this year.

Doug

Doug, enjoy your trip around the British Isles. You'll have great Captain Johannes as the Master and I will pray for some good weather for you.

Phil

I'm not saying that I don't like the cruise we're on, but the Canaries have to go back into my "bucket list", we've already done several of the stops on the present cruise, where Canaries is all new. I'm sure this one will be wonderful, but this old body can't take too many long airline trips.

Doug, enjoy your trip around the British Isles. You'll have great Captain Johannes as the Master and I will pray for some good weather for you.

Phil

Thanks for the good wishes. I think we're all praying for good weather!

Doug

Hello "Azamara Quest - Dry Dock or Not?" Readers -

Thank you for your comments about this topic.

I invite you to a new thread titled, "Azamara Updated Dry Dock Information - 24 July 2012." It summarizes the forthcoming dry dock schedules for both the Azamara Quest and the Azamara Journey; the resulting new voyage that will be added to each vessel's deployment; and a project summary of the refurbishments that will be accomplished during the shorter dry dock times.

Here is a link to the new thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1677048

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Archived