Coming Soon..NEW MDR MENUS AND ENHANCED DINING

Just curious, If you have never sailed RCI before, how do you know what the food was like in the past and how can you compare a new menu to the old if you have never sampled the old?

I don't think you need the MDR experience to get excited about what the OP posted. I'd be pretty excited as a newbie too.

Have these changes been formally announced by RCI yet? One of the earliest posts here mentioned a webinar that was going to happen yesterday that would be discussing food and beverage. I can't find anything confirming these changes, can anyone?

Have these changes been formally announced by RCI yet? One of the earliest posts here mentioned a webinar that was going to happen yesterday that would be discussing food and beverage. I can't find anything confirming these changes, can anyone?

Others that watched the webinar posted that the changes were not mentioned. The OP said an announcement would be coming in a few weeks.

I think that the OP referring to some secret source that could not be revealed rubbed some people (not me) the wrong way and started this thread off on a bad note.

I am deeeeelighted the OP has some inside information. How better to find out but on CruiseCritic? Some people are just driven to see that glass half empty. Me? Fill 'er up!!!

Half Full or Half Empty, my attitude is there is room for more wine either way. :D

I am deeeeelighted the OP has some inside information. How better to find out but on CruiseCritic? Some people are just driven to see that glass half empty. Me? Fill 'er up!!!

The already have "warm Chocolate cake" and you can order ice cream to go with it. It's good.

Bloody hell!! Both cruises I've been on has never served warm chocolate cake. Fingers crossed for next April then!!;)

Daffy Duck Back Flips!!!!!!!

Best news I've heard all week. :D

Food is the reason I had been considering other alternatives. No need to upgrade to luxury lines now. And with good food, less wasted when trying this n that to find something decent. RCI will put everyone else in a bind with this move. Someone is really trying to run a business well...

Let me start by saying I will not reveal my source, so please don't ask. I will tell you my source is directly involved in this project and there's supposed to be a formal announcement by RCCL within the next few weeks.

I don't know if anyone remembers getting a survey a while back asking about the onboard dining experience, but it seems RCCL is listening to that feedback along with the regular weekly comment cards.

With that said, there will not only be NEW menus in the MDR on all ships, but RCCL is improving the overall quality of the items it serves. They have decided to increase their food budget to offer a better dining experience.

Highlights:

The Top Sirloin on the "Always Available" Menu will be upgraded to filet mignon. Also on the "Always Available" Menu will be shrimp cocktail, escargot (provided they can be sourced due to the shortage), herb crusted cod, salmon, a bowl of mixed berries, and Key Lime Pie. Other items were mentioned, but I don't remember what they were.

New entrees will include:

- Rack of Lamb

- Veal Chops

- Veal Scalloppini Oscar

- Crab Legs

- Baked Lasagna (baked in it's own individual dish)

- Beef Sliders

- Each night there will be an entree salad with a featured protien

- Surf and Turf featuring a 6oz filet mignon and a 6 oz lobster tail (larger tail than the 4oz one that's currently being served)

- Sea Bass

- Baked/Stuffed Shrimp

The $14.95 Chops Steak will be removed since you will be able to get a filet mignon every night from the always available menu. In it's place will be the option to purchase a 1 1/4 lb steamed, Maine Lobster for $24.99

New Desserts will include:

- Mile High Lemon Merengue Pie

- REAL NY style cheesecake

- Baked Alaska is making a return.. and will be served in individual portions--

- Warm fruit pies and cobblers served in individual dishes. Straight from the oven to your table.

- Some chocolate, kahlua pie?

To enhance the new menu, all the tablewear and dishes will also be redesigned.

I wasn't able to get the full roll out schedule but here's what I do know... the new menus will be available on the following ships/dates:

Freedom- 7/29/2012

Oasis- 8/25/2012

Allure- 9/9/2012

Jewel- 9/23/2012

Rhapsody- 5/24/2013

RCCL is also partnering with Food and Wine Magazine and will be showing short culinary "snippets" on the Poolside TV Screens... one of the things they will show is the featured items for each nights dinner. Other culinary programs are in the works, but nothing finalized yet.

RCCL has used feedback from the guest comment cards, surveys and information received from the MDR staff to add items that were most rquested by guests. Additionally, they looked at the quality and menu offerings from the competition and decided it was time for them to up their game.

I for one, can't thank them enough..and I look forward to trying out the new offerings on my Oasis cruise in Oct.

Bon Appetite Everyone!

Im on Oasis in October so this should be in place by then the way it looks. Not thrilled over Veal and Lamb...not big on eating baby animals, but the rest of the food sounds great.

Im on Oasis in October so this should be in place by then the way it looks. Not thrilled over Veal and Lamb...not big on eating baby animals, but the rest of the food sounds great.

I feel the same way about baby animals but the rest of the changes are great!

Archived