Best option?

blackpool belle

Do you know how much your ship will charge for shuttle tickets. My guess is the taxi will be more reasonable but

when we were there our ship provided a complimentary shuttle (I realize that many cruise ships charge but ours

doesn't)

Keith

For 3 or 4 we think the taxis will generally be comparable or even a better deal. But the question is whether there will be any taxis waiting, when you need them, and willing to take you into town. As a general rule, most of the cruise lines encourage passengers to buy shuttle tickets in advance, and unless they offer a refund for unused tickets we never buy those tickets. Our reasoning is that just about every cruise line will also allow you to buy tickets right at the bus (many will have somebody with a clipboard and they will simply sell you tickets and charge your onboard account). So check with Guest Relations when you get on the ship and make sure you can buy tickets at the bus. In that case you can check out the taxi situation and if its not to your satisfaction you simply go to Plan B and take the shuttle bus :)

Hank

Thanks! I think the shuttle tickets are 12 euros round trip, per person. This cruise we have decided to take things more relaxed so we wont be in the first rush to get off the ship. Hopefully there will be still some taxis around at 10am ish. If not we can do as Hank recommended.

Archived