Would you change suites?

pensi9

I am having a difficult time deciding if I should keep the suite we have or upgrade. We are on the star and have a SE, deck 10 with a huge balcony. We have not cruised inthis suite before this. The current price for a deluxe owners suite on deck 12 would cost about $400. I amtorn between the bigger suite and the extra perks or keeping what we have with the balcony. Anyone cruised in both these suites can give a good comparison?

We have sailed in both, loved them both. But for me, the bathroom on deck 12 beats the deck 10 by a mile!

I think the roomier feel and the high ceilings would decide it for me, but that huge balcony on 10 is nice.

From deck 12 you just go up one flight to the hot tub on 13, very very nice. We never really missed the private balcony.

Some people don't like the heavy watertight door on deck 10 and the light restrictions at night due to the bridge being directly above you.

Deck 10: smaller, cozier, more compact bathroom module, huge balcony.

Deck 12: roomier, huge bathroom module, no balcony but pool down the hall and nice deck one flight up!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thats a tough one . I love a balcony but the DOS is big. The only other significant perk change would be the booze and for $400 you could buy it for the SE.

I dont know ,,,,,,flip a coin :D

I would agree with the DOS for an extra $400 if you are selecting the suites 12502 or 12002. Extra room, great views, and huge bathroom in the DOS.

I'm not a huge fan of the 12500 or 12000 DOS suites.

bruce...

Loved the views from 12002 on the STAR.

DSCN7794.JPG

Does anyone know it the DOS 12002 on the Dawn is the same room as the one on the Star. I am book in it in Oct and other the the Villa I can't imagine I would want to change.

Very similar rooms on the DAWN. The DAWN appears to have a lower ledge on the windows so they aren't quite floor to ceiling like they are on the STAR. The DAWN, I've heard, has remote controlled blinds/drapes....where the ones on the STAR had to be manually moved and the tiebacks used to hold them in place.

Personally I would prefer the DOS...12002 or 12502 over the Garden Villa....I prefer the forward view, as well as the view down the side of the ship (which is great to watch the runners coming back to the ship late in port). We wouldn't use all the extra bedrooms of the Garden Villa, and preferred to have guests show up (coming and going) at the cabin each afternoon for gatherings....we had our door open most of the time for CC friends to stop by.

The other couple differences on the Dawn that I seemed to pick out is darker carpet, no dvd on the TV in the master bedroom, and the couch is one of the newer couches that should be bigger and more comfortable to sit on and sleep on (if you had more than 2 in that room). Fridge a bit different.

we just sailed in 12500 on the Star last week. We upgraded from an SF to the DOS for $500 total for the 5 of us. We also got the 3 free bottles of alcohol that we took home. We hardly made any drinks in the room.

We LOVED LOVED the suite except the severe forward location made it hard to be in the suite during some bad weather we had.

The king bed was heaven as was everything else about it.

I won't sail in it again due to the location but it was SWEET

We have sailed in both, loved them both. But for me, the bathroom on deck 12 beats the deck 10 by a mile!

I think the roomier feel and the high ceilings would decide it for me, but that huge balcony on 10 is nice.

From deck 12 you just go up one flight to the hot tub on 13, very very nice. We never really missed the private balcony.

Some people don't like the heavy watertight door on deck 10 and the light restrictions at night due to the bridge being directly above you.

Deck 10: smaller, cozier, more compact bathroom module, huge balcony.

Deck 12: roomier, huge bathroom module, no balcony but pool down the hall and nice deck one flight up!

Enjoy your cruise!

ValleyVillage

Sorry to have to track you down but I'm getting fina numbers for our Cruise Critic Events of the Star sailing from New York to New Orleans on 21 Oct 12.

We haven't heard from you for a while. Have you cancelled? Please check in with us at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...4#post34703894

Doberlady you said you would not sail in the DOS again because of the location. Can you tell me what was the problem if any with the location on deck 12?

As someone that suffers from sea sickness when seas are very rough, I believe that she meant any cabin that is in very front because that's where the rough seas affect the most, very stern is next worst and the middle part of the ship least bad. Also the deck affects as the movement is smallest in the lower decks midship.

I was in deck 10 fwd facing suite in the Atlantic in January (Canary islands) and wouldn't pick anything else than midship cabin in the future for similar itinerary where rough seas were to be expected. In Caribbean outside the hurricane season anything goes for me. :)

I am having a difficult time deciding if I should keep the suite we have or upgrade. We are on the star and have a SE, deck 10 with a huge balcony. We have not cruised inthis suite before this. The current price for a deluxe owners suite on deck 12 would cost about $400. I amtorn between the bigger suite and the extra perks or keeping what we have with the balcony. Anyone cruised in both these suites can give a good comparison?

Only $400 difference? I would switch.

I did switch rooms to DOS and it was $410 difference and I think I also got an additional OBC. Still waiting for final invoice. Thanks to all who helped me decide. I might not get this chance again at this price.

Archived