Carnival Imagination question Good Ship? Bad Ship????

C&THollings

Is the Imagination a bad ship?

I have a roll call started for our November cruise and not ONE person has stopped by. In general the entire roll calls on the Imagination page seem to be very under 'posted' compared to others. Not sure if the lack of activity is because they are short cruise or ????

I am starting to worry about the 4 day cruise I have booked to extend our vacation.

Any one cruised her lately?

On such short cruises, people want to do as much as possible and sometimes dont find time for a roll call .. but I do think the roll calls for Carnival are not that popular.

RCL throws a free party .. FREE brings in the people.

You have to contact Carnival to get anything set up, someone has to do the work etc. Or set up your own time to meet.

I love the Imagination for what it is: a nice ship for a cheapie short getaway. With that said, I wouldn't bother joining a roll call for such an itinerary. Too much to do in a short time...

Imagination is a good and fun ship. I've been on her a couple times. As Firefly says the short cruises generally have low to zero participants in the roll calls. This isn't just true to Carnival short cruise roll calls, same with the short cruises on Royal. My cruise on Royal a week ago had three of us on the roll call. My first cruise in November on Carnival that is a three day doesn't even have a roll call.(I'm not starting one) :-) Cruise after that does.

One thing to remember is CC members are a very small fraction of actual cruisers on the ship.

Looks like your on the Freedom on November 3rd. I board her on the 11th the day you leave.

Have a great cruise!

I love the Imagination for what it is: a nice ship for a cheapie short getaway. With that said, I wouldn't bother joining a roll call for such an itinerary. Too much to do in a short time...

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. I just booked a cruise on her for September. This will be my third time on the ship doing the same 4 day run. It is good for a short getaway at a good price. I have never had much of a roll call for the short cruises, nor do I ever really expect one. There is not even one started for this cruise.

I agree, firefly has it right I think. Short cruises don't yield high counts for the roll calls. Many are newbies and aren't aware of such a thing, but most have just too much to do. Something I'm beginning to realize on the 7-dayers as well. :)

Imagination is a great ship, and especially good for first-timers: big enough to have a wow factor, but not so big as to feel intimidating. I'm very glad I ended up picking it for my first cruise. Having said that, my Imagination roll calls weren't successful, either. I stated one on the Carnival site, and joined one on Cruise Critic; neither panned out. I did meet a few people from my roll call later on during the cruise, but that just happened on its own, and we found out we were on the same roll call during one of our conversations. Either way, we still had a really fun time hanging out together.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. I just booked a cruise on her for September. This will be my third time on the ship doing the same 4 day run. It is good for a short getaway at a good price. I have never had much of a roll call for the short cruises, nor do I ever really expect one. There is not even one started for this cruise.

Tigger I think you and I sailed at the same time on the Imagination back in 2010. Your name looks familiar to a roll call we actually did have for that four day cruise.

On such short cruises, people want to do as much as possible and sometimes dont find time for a roll call .. but I do think the roll calls for Carnival are not that popular.

RCL throws a free party .. FREE brings in the people.

You have to contact Carnival to get anything set up, someone has to do the work etc. Or set up your own time to meet.

Totally agree on RC on short sruises-they gave us a conference room with a pitcher of water and glasses-very cold feeling.

I sailed on the Imagination twice. Did the4 day for Thanksgiving 2010 and then did the 3 day in October 2011. I think its a great ship. Small enough to get around easily and large enough not to feel crowded. I did a roll call for my 3 day one and I think I was the only one on it. I just figured it was a busy cruise but the boat sailed full.

Have a great time....

I"ve been on the Imagination twice, both times for 4 night cruises.

I love the Imagination. The waterpark is great too, even for adults. You have nothing to worry about, it's a great ship, food is excellent, the guests have been lots of fun when I"ve been on. Lots of partying on this ship! Have a great time.

The Imagination was my very first cruise in2009 and what started my addiction:p damn her! She is a great ship. I was on the ecstasy in june ( a similar ship) and the roll call was not much action. Have a great time anyway!

The Imagination is great! You can't base your judgement on roll call activity. None of mine have been particularly active but all of my cruises have been great and there were lots of wonderful people to meet onboard.

We were on Imagination in January and had a great time. Enjoy!

I love the four day cruise. It is easy for me to get there (I live in Atlanta and find good air deals sometimes) and I love the peace of the Serenity Deck at night. You will find me out there reading in the dark, breezy air. It makes for a good solo trip. I tried the RCCL Majesty ship for a solo and while I much prefer the itinerary, I do not like the ship near as much. I keep considering the NCL Sky, but I enjoy having table mates on a solo cruise. I don't socialize too much on my solo trips, but it is nice to have people to eat dinner with. Carnival is great at seating people together. On my RCCL Majesty of the Seas cruise they put me at an 8 top that consisted of my and an extended family of 7. Yea, I was a bit out of place....

I think the IMAGINATION is one of my favorite ships. It prefer the Key West/Cozumel itinerary and like both ports. It is just enough time to be away and feel like a relaxing vacation withought such a huge cost. The ship itself I think is great.

I have a roll call started for our November cruise and not ONE person has stopped by. In general the entire roll calls on the Imagination page seem to be very under 'posted' compared to others. Not sure if the lack of activity is because they are short cruise or ????

I am starting to worry about the 4 day cruise I have booked to extend our vacation.

This is the "best" ship in the fleet IMHO:D. There really has never been a large roll call on either of the times I have been on her. Sometimes people will book later and may join then.

I love this ship , one of my favorites! The Key West/Cozumel Itinerary is great! We have been on this ship many times with all of our kids ages 22-34 now but started cruising with them when they were much much younger.....they love it!!!! We have also done B2B on this ship, so funny to see that Fri-Mon crowd come on.....the whole vibe of the ship changes, can almost hear it hum LOL....Lots of weekend party people go on the weekend cruises out of Miami!! Lots of fun!!:D

Most definitely a great ship! We took our first cruise on the Imagination from June 29-July 2. We loved it! It's a lovely ship and we had great food, almost all the wait staff in the MDR were good, our steward was wonderful and we had a balcony room which made it all the better. I loved being able to sit out and watch as we came into Nassau and just being able to sit out on a balcony is great, especially at night! We didn't find a lack of activities to do, we also did the the Behind the Fun tour and that was awesome! Maybe because we were first time cruisers and I have nothing to compare it to, but I thought all the staff, accommodations and food were excellent. Can't wait to go again!

Glad to hear all the positive responses.

We decide to book the second cruise because it was $140 per person to fly out on Friday than Sunday when our Freedom cruise docked. I figured since we were already there and had the vacation time, why not!:rolleyes:

Since I have book the Imagination, there have been three price drops with Early Saver. With these price drops and airfare difference, its only costing us about $310 total to extend our vacation.

Thanks again:)

I did in June, it was my second Carnival cruise (prior was Liberty). I enjoyed it but we went during and expensive time so kept much of the riff raff off the ship but there were some. Great cruise though.

I did a review in the regular section of the website to avoid drama.

Here is the review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=104293

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all!

Really happy to see the great reviews about this ship! My boyfriend (33) and I (29) will be taking our very first cruise on this baby. I have no expectations - I just want fun, sun, sand, cocktails and some food somewhere in between. If anybody has any helpful tips: Please send them our way. Never can be too prepared! Also, has anyone done the "driver for a day" in Cozumel? That is our plan! Happy cruising!

Hey there, We did this one and really enjoyed the ship. Smaller then our Freedom cruise. But nice. We found that the roll calls on the shorter cruises are not near as active as say our freedom cruise. See you in Nov....

Archived