Galveston Parking

crazyboys

Thank you, Carol.

We are flying in a day early, but we are staying overnight in Houston, and driving to the port Sunday morning. This is a late booking and we had to stretch the budget to take my husband's mother on this cruise. I found the hotel's in Houston to be a lot cheaper than Galveston. So, we will drive in the morning, get checked in early (handicapped or D+ line, whichever is shortest), and off hubby will go.

Good luck! Hope you are able to checked in early. That will help a lot with your plan. Hope everything goes wonderfully for you. It is nice that you are taking your DH's mother on the cruise. My mother who lives with us will not even consider going on a cruise. She is really not able now but when she was she wouldn't go. It would have been neat for her to see what it is like. She thinks we are silly for cruising. She doesn't understand the fun of it.

Good luck! Hope you are able to checked in early. That will help a lot with your plan. Hope everything goes wonderfully for you. It is nice that you are taking your DH's mother on the cruise. My mother who lives with us will not even consider going on a cruise. She is really not able now but when she was she wouldn't go. It would have been neat for her to see what it is like. She thinks we are silly for cruising. She doesn't understand the fun of it.

We took her on a family cruise a few years ago. She couldn't say no with both her grandsons going, now could she? She's been hinting ever since, and hubby finally gave in a week ago. It's not a fun cruise for us, but we had to take her on another one so we could go by ourselves and not feel guilty!!

I got a single Promenade for her for $714 total, and an E1 balcony 4 doors down for us to $640 each. I told him we had to grab this now, because it was the cheapest I've seen for a single ever.

Good thing we did this, too. A very close family member died last Saturday, and another will be gone in a few months, so Grandma needs this happy time later on this year.

Thank you.

We discussed this, as I could see what you are describing on google maps. We decided he would come in to check in with us (that's why I asked above about nearby parking; still hoping the handicap spaces are available to us with our CA handicap placard). This should be around 11:00 - 11:30. Then, he will take off to return the car to Budget. That gives him 4 hours to get back to the ship.

!

Im not sure about the parking lots but will find out this weekend.

I do know the CA Plackard will work in a metered parking spots(If it is a public parking spot) As we used one a couple years ago when GF first was being transfered to Houston.

Per the city of Galveston PD they said as long as the plakcard matches the document that MIL is suppose to carry with her at all times.

So worst case scenario is he drops you off with luggage and MIL and parks the car a block away and has to walk a little.

Or he could even park over at Joes Crab shack @pier19 as they have handicapped parking spots.

Im not sure about the parking lots but will find out this weekend.

I do know the CA Plackard will work in a metered parking spots(If it is a public parking spot) As we used one a couple years ago when GF first was being transfered to Houston.

Per the city of Galveston PD they said as long as the plakcard matches the document that MIL is suppose to carry with her at all times.

So worst case scenario is he drops you off with luggage and MIL and parks the car a block away and has to walk a little.

Or he could even park over at Joes Crab shack @pier19 as they have handicapped parking spots.

Thank you! I will ask her to bring the documentation as well as the placard.

RCCL's Mariner of the Seas.

Here is the pier you are cruising out of its pier 28 or called terminal 2

There are parking spots there but not for cruisers.(Middle left of map) I would just ask one of the officers if you could park there for a few while getting MIL checked in.

Dont tell them you will be boarding;)

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&where1=29.307965%2C%20-94.800398&q=29.307965%2C%20-94.800398&form=LMLTSN&cp=29.30786450127445~-94.80025852513122&lvl=18&sty=h&encType=1

If that doesnt work there is a couple other options whithin walking distance this is 28th street directly across from the terminal and next to one of the parking lots Lots of onstreet parking. But walking across the street isnt that safe as there is no stop light. If you drag on the map I linked you can see the location

34nfigi.jpg

Another choice is Rosenberg/25th st.

This is directly in front of the Carnival Magic pier. It is safer as it has a light and cross walk. With metered parking just hang the placard and everything is good.

If you drag the map you will see Harborside and Rosenberg.

288qeqr.jpg

If you were doing CCL it would be a little easier as there is a little pay lot next to where the cruisers are dropped off.

You can still use it but it is the furthest from your terminal and it costs $4 per hr unless you do lunch than it is 3 hr validation

2je8ot5.jpg

Great information, jonbgd!

I think hubby will opt to drop his Mom and I off at the pier, then go over to the metered parking on 25th. That way, we can just wait for him to come back, and all check in together. Then, he can take off to return the car.

Thanks again!

I think hubby will opt to drop his Mom and I off at the pier, then go over to the metered parking on 25th. That way, we can just wait for him to come back, and all check in together. Then, he can take off to return the car.

Thanks again!

Your welcome enjoy the Mariner and Galveston

Thanks again!

I'm glad you got it all figured out. It always is unsettling when you are not sure what you are going to do. I have almost everything reserved and taken care of except our hotel in Galveston. I am waiting for the prices to go down.

Maybe it will all work out for you and go smoothly. I hope so. We have been to Galveston several times so we pretty much know our way around but when you go somewhere that you don't know anything about it can be hard to get everything worked out.

Archived