Mobile hot spots

cruiselvr1

I can't tell you whether it would work...it most likely would. My question is why would you want to use it onboard?

The AT&T Mobile Hotspot MiFi would connect to CellAtSea at a rate of $2.49 per minute...or more. Call AT&T at 800-331-0500 for current pricing. The ship's Wi-Fi costs about 75¢ per minute...less with a package.

You'll likely have better performance with the AT&T Mobile Hotspot MiFi; however, at a much greater cost.

Lew

:)Has anyone used the AT&T mobile hot-spot on the ship, while in port. We are going to Hawaii in November, and were wondering if it works on the ship?:)

I forgot to add that I have an Apple Iphone, if that makes a difference

I can't tell you whether it would work...it most likely would. My question is why would you want to use it onboard?

The AT&T Mobile Hotspot MiFi would connect to CellAtSea at a rate of $2.49 per minute...or more. Call AT&T at 800-331-0500 for current pricing. The ship's Wi-Fi costs about 75¢ per minute...less with a package.

You'll likely have better performance with the AT&T Mobile Hotspot MiFi; however, at a much greater cost.

Lew

Thanks for your comments. We will not spend all of our time off the ship, and I would like to be able to use my laptop when we are back on board.

We will not spend all of our time off the ship, and I would like to be able to use my laptop when we are back on board.

Are you aware that you can connect to the ship's internet via Wi-Fi with your laptop? Also, since CellAtSea is turned off while the ship is in port, your AT&T Mobile Hotspot MiFi would not work at those times.

Lew

Are you aware that you can connect to the ship's internet via Wi-Fi with your laptop? Also, since CellAtSea is turned off while the ship is in port, your AT&T Mobile Hotspot MiFi would not work at those times.

Lew

I was not counting on being able to connect to the ship's internet systm, also since each of the Islands have 4G connection, I was hoping my cell phone would give me internet. Thank you for ideas.

I was not counting on being able to connect to the ship's internet systm, also since each of the Islands have 4G connection, I was hoping my cell phone would give me internet. Thank you for ideas.
No matter what device you use, you're better off using the ship's WiFi than cell service. On shore, your regular cell and data plan will work fine.

OP is talking about using his cell phone while in port. Ship's cell phone service will be deactivated.

Since you are talking about ports in Hawaii, your AT&T service should work just fine as long as you get a cell phone signal, just like you are back on the mainland. There may be parts of the ship (deep interior) where you won't get a cell signal. As long as you're comfortable with how much data you're using, go for it.

OP is talking about using his cell phone while in port. Ship's cell phone service will be deactivated.

Since you are talking about ports in Hawaii, your AT&T service should work just fine as long as you get a cell phone signal, just like you are back on the mainland. There may be parts of the ship (deep interior) where you won't get a cell signal. As long as you're comfortable with how much data you're using, go for it.

Thank you. I think your the only one to understand my question. I will try the hot spot first, then use the ships internet, if I can get service.

Archived