We struck gold on Fascination!

APDMOM

About a month ago I typed in "Jacksonville" in the search engine above and found your thread "Fascination in Jacksonville"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1205811

I was planning on asking you to try to take a pic of our cruise leaving on January 28, 2013. Then, the other day someone posted a link to your review on our roll call thread!

I just think it's a cool coincidence that I had just read another thread of yours and now I'm reading this one!

I'm so glad that you got a chance to actually be on the cruise ship rather than taking pics of it from the shore. ;)

Your review is awesome! I love it when a review has lots of pics! :D

Also, thanks for the tip on the cheaper parking options. We're definitely going to look into that.

great display of pics, I can't wait, never been on this ship.The wife and I are sailing on her in nov. (90) days away

:cool:What a great write up/review/photo essay!

Kudos to APDMOM! :D

Recommend Cruise critic consider editing the review together and use it as a format for NeW Enhanced Reviews!

Huzzah!

Thanks for the compliments! LuckyBill, I wish we could also have a more organized area here for just pictures of ships, organized by ship. The search in the photo area is a bit lacking... What can I say? I love pictures! :)

About a month ago I typed in "Jacksonville" in the search engine above and found your thread "Fascination in Jacksonville"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1205811

I was planning on asking you to try to take a pic of our cruise leaving on January 28, 2013. Then, the other day someone posted a link to your review on our roll call thread!

I just think it's a cool coincidence that I had just read another thread of yours and now I'm reading this one!

I'm so glad that you got a chance to actually be on the cruise ship rather than taking pics of it from the shore. ;)

Your review is awesome! I love it when a review has lots of pics! :D

Also, thanks for the tip on the cheaper parking options. We're definitely going to look into that.

:D I must have taken my cruise just in time. I will put you on my calendar for Jan 28... It is hit or miss that time of year with the sunset. It gets dark pretty fast, but if the ship is on time we should be okay. This one was taken on Jan 27, 2011.

DSC_0005.jpg

In the meantime, enjoy planning & counting down the days!

APDMOM, you ain't gonna believe what we just did... We're out on Fascination for a B2B on August 18 and 23. Not asking you to make a special trip, but if you happen to be there, I'll be in my usual spot on Lido wearing a bright shirt. This'll be cruise 7 and 8 total, 5 and 6 on Fascination, and our fourth to HMC if we don't get rained out again...

Well, we missed yesterday... Had a nice thunderstorm here - how was it at the river? Hopefully Thursday will be better so we can catch you :) Wish we were on the ship right now too!

Thank you for your pictorial APDMOM. I really enjoyed it.

I noticed in your signature that you have a Carnival Legend review. I am looking forward to seeing that one.

Aww heck, I am looking forward to reading all of your reviews! Thanks for taking the time to do them.

Well, we missed yesterday... Had a nice thunderstorm here - how was it at the river? Hopefully Thursday will be better so we can catch you :) Wish we were on the ship right now too!

Threatening... First night out, we had the most phenominal light shows. When we got to HMC on Monday, dark, heavy clouds, rain, thunder, and lightning. I thought "Here we go again!" but we made it in, and the weather cleared. Even got a cabana at the last second!

Saw a red car at "your " beach on Saturday, but there was an old man driving it... Did you make it Thursday? There was a woman taking photos as we passed, but I didn't see your car.

Now we're racing toward Nassau to try to get in-and-out before Isaac gets close. They've even adjusted our port times earlier because of it. I'm thinking the cruise Monday might be interesting - glad I won't be on it, if only because of Isaac...

Threatening... First night out, we had the most phenominal light shows. When we got to HMC on Monday, dark, heavy clouds, rain, thunder, and lightning. I thought "Here we go again!" but we made it in, and the weather cleared. Even got a cabana at the last second!

Saw a red car at "your " beach on Saturday, but there was an old man driving it... Did you make it Thursday? There was a woman taking photos as we passed, but I didn't see your car.

Now we're racing toward Nassau to try to get in-and-out before Isaac gets close. They've even adjusted our port times earlier because of it. I'm thinking the cruise Monday might be interesting - glad I won't be on it, if only because of Isaac...

You certainly have some interesting weather to look forward to :eek:

Yes, we were there Thursday. The "old man" you saw was probably my husband - tall and bald and probably looks old next to me :D ...especially from a distance. I will edit and post the pics this weekend.

Have a safe trip!

• 3 weeks later...
We have been on larger ships (Liberty) and smaller ships (Holiday). We LOVE :D the smaller ships! Fantasy Class ships are just perfect. Less crowded, wonderful service, great food and I could go on and on! Thanks for your review and pictures! We are sailing on Fascination in December and could not be more excited! The only thing I liked better about the Liberty was the outdoor movie screen. We would grab a blanket and pillow and watch movies under the stars every night. Yep, we are party animals! LOL

Carol,

You should join our roll call for the December cruise! I posted on APDMOM's other post, and she is going to try to get pics of our sailaway (her schedule, weather and departure time permitting, of course!) while we hold our meet & greet on the top deck aft.

John

• 4 months later...

Just returned from a cruise on the Fascination. She was fresh from dry dock and clean clean. I heard they were putting the Blue Iguana on her, but never saw it. But, like you, I still noticed the OLD smell of her carpets, drapes, etc. Being in January, I think a majority of cruisers had the sniffles by the time we disembarked !! Three days later, and I'm still sniffling, but miss the slow rocking of the seas. Although chilly on the decks, the seas were calm.

As I scrolled through your review, it was awesome ! I wondered what TIME you took all of those beutiful shots, the areas were pristine and without people ! You must walk the halls !!!

I saved a few of your photos to share with friends that were also on her.... thank you for your time and I appreciate your perpective. I'd sail her again, but when it's a bit warmer.....

As I scrolled through your review, it was awesome ! I wondered what TIME you took all of those beutiful shots, the areas were pristine and without people ! You must walk the halls !!!

I saved a few of your photos to share with friends that were also on her.... thank you for your time and I appreciate your perpective. I'd sail her again, but when it's a bit warmer.....

Thanks :) I get up about 6 a.m. since that is my routine. Very few people are up and about at that time & I always get to enjoy the sunrise with a cup of coffee... Can't wait for our next adventure!

• 6 months later...
We are frequently in an oceanview room so it was not much of an adjustment. With the lovely aft area on deck 10, we did not miss it much. The main reason we sometimes splurge on a balcony is so that our son can go to bed while we can sit and enjoy the ocean sounds and fresh air on the balcony.

As far as the tendering: Maybe others can give input here. Our particular experience was pretty poor. We always opt for general clearance, but for this ship, I would recommend getting the tender ticket in stead. The procedure is described in the Fun times on the first sea day. You stand in line at the show lounge to get the tender tickets. Since we did not want to waste time standing in line, we waited for general clearance. However, this is the longest we ever had to wait... until after lunch. There simply were not enough tenders for our close to capasity sailing. This is by no means to complain - just to help you be prepared for the scenarios you may face. Like I said, I hope our experience was unique & that they usually do a better job. HMC is definitely worth a nice long visit! The tender situation did not spoil that experience. :) Hope this helps!

Here are the fun times if you want to read about the procedure:

Click Here

I see you got your VIP status on this ship. We are VIP too and we got to tender off on the next available tender because of this. Did you know you could get off without waiting with the others to tender over? You just show your sail and sign w/VIP status. I loved that perk!!

Glad someone bumped this to the top. It's a great review and great pics. I was on this cruise too, actually I got engaged on that cruise. I was back on the ship a week later and will be back on in 6 DAYS!! (That cruise director was Eric, not Alex).

I see you got your VIP status on this ship. We are VIP too and we got to tender off on the next available tender because of this. Did you know you could get off without waiting with the others to tender over? You just show your sail and sign w/VIP status. I loved that perk!!

Thanks for that helpful info! We did not know that - will definitely use it in future...

Glad someone bumped this to the top. It's a great review and great pics. I was on this cruise too, actually I got engaged on that cruise. I was back on the ship a week later and will be back on in 6 DAYS!! (That cruise director was Eric, not Alex).

Finding this review was so wonderful as my sister and I both leave in six days too!:p Loved reading your review and seeing the pictures. My sister and I both love that aft area too.

Thank you! By the way, I am scheduled to take pics of the ship leaving on Monday. I take them in Mayport and the ship gets there between 5:10 p.m. and about 5:40 p.m. Smile and wave from the starboard (right) side if you want to be in the pics :)

See this thread for details:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1205811&page=27

After about 2 years of taking pictures from the shore in Mayport, we finally got to board Carnival Fascination for the first time on July 21! we were quite surprised to find that we were 'Gold', even though we were 1 night short. Contrary to my understanding, we did not have to complete this cruise to become gold...

Here is what we received when we arrived:

c9a753a1.jpg

117b58d8.jpg

180b2c09.jpg

Note, you could only redeem these in the MDR during breakfast or lunch. Lunch is only served on sea days in the MDR.

0050f302.jpg

We also received the coveted invitation to the past guest party, but more about that later. This will mostly be a picture review with some comments and tips. Hope you enjoy it, but most of all find it helpful in planning your own adventures!

I was just printing m boarding passes, and going over some clothes and toiletry items, and happened upon our Gold card from the Pride in March. It really got me pumped for our cruise on Saturday.:D

Archived