We struck gold on Fascination!

APDMOM

Loved the review. DW and I sailed the Fascination in Feb. 2011, and May 2012. Liked it so much, we are booked again for Sep. 2012. We have stayed in OV each time and although smaller than newer ships, still OK for us and plenty of closet/drawer space.

We also did not care for most shows, and didn't like that on 2 nights the show was so late. Other than that we love the ship, never felt crowded lie on larger ships. Speaking of larger ships, we are looking at Freedom of the Seas for next January and Allure of the Seas for next May.

You will have to come report back on Freedom of the Seas! We are booked in our first aft balcony on that ship in June... :)

...is it really over?

The last morning I woke up at 4:30 and went to take a few final pics, including the return under the Dames Point Bridge. Another great cruise to write home about. I thought about going to Mayport in the afternoon to see the ship leave again, but I think I would have cried! So, until next time, here are a few final pics of Fascination. I'm off to scan the Fun Times...

0c60d7cc.jpg

0310ccd1.jpg

753dd8ce.jpg

8b87494c.jpg

8059e292.jpg

Love the review! Thank you for posting it and all the great pics! The Fantasy class is our favorite We have sailed both the Inspiration and Fantasy twice, and are booked on the Fascination next month. Your pictures have got us all excited, Our 7 year old DGD has been packed since April and after seeing your review, I am ready to pack! :p

Oh shoot! I quoted, but apparently I broke CC because it isn't working LOL Thank you for posting the Fun Times when you can. I know she is itching for more info. And phhhht! for dissing an 80's show. I listen to the 80's on 8 on the satellite radio in my smokin' minivan daily LOL We parked at the port and were feet away from the ship. I am all for saving money too, but it was so super easy that I was able to justify the expense ;)

Oh shoot! I quoted, but apparently I broke CC because it isn't working LOL Thank you for posting the Fun Times when you can. I know she is itching for more info. And phhhht! for dissing an 80's show. I listen to the 80's on 8 on the satellite radio in my smokin' minivan daily LOL We parked at the port and were feet away from the ship. I am all for saving money too, but it was so super easy that I was able to justify the expense ;)

LOL! You must be pretty kr8z to listen to that all the time... Give me ABBA anyday:D I must agree with you on one thing though, "Once you go Mac, you never go back!" Grammy for that one

Love the review! Thank you for posting it and all the great pics! The Fantasy class is our favorite We have sailed both the Inspiration and Fantasy twice, and are booked on the Fascination next month. Your pictures have got us all excited, Our 7 year old DGD has been packed since April and after seeing your review, I am ready to pack! :p

Enjoy planning... I hope your signature changes those ?? to a great big double :D when you get back!

Thanks for the review! I loved Fascination so much, I cruised her 3 times in a row! ;) Seeing all these pics made me think about booking her one more time. If only I didn't have to fly to Florida......

Thanks again! :)

Thanks for the review. I've seen things in your pics that I never saw researching online. Made me even more exited for our turn in September. :)

You are welcome! It is much more impressive in person, so enjoy your turn. :)

Thanks for the review! I loved Fascination so much, I cruised her 3 times in a row! ;) Seeing all these pics made me think about booking her one more time. If only I didn't have to fly to Florida......

Thanks again! :)

I remember I took pictures of your sail away one time :D I can definitely recommend moving to Jacksonville... We have done it twice and we love it!

LOL! You must be pretty kr8z to listen to that all the time... Give me ABBA anyday:D I must agree with you on one thing though, "Once you go Mac, you never go back!" Grammy for that one

When I get really feisty I listen to the 90s on 9 or Lithium :p I too love ABBA, but c'mon now! Duran Duran and Culture Club are totally tubular ;)

APDMOM-so glad you finally got to sail that ship that is in your back yard! Well turns out I will be asking you again for a ship snapshot, my friends from the book club decided that they wanted to try a cruise, and asked me, since i was such a "professional" cruiser, LOL to help them navigate their first cruise...table for a party of six???

Thanks for the review. I've seen things in your pics that I never saw researching online. Made me even more exited for our turn in September. :)
Agreed especially the area APDMOM took pictures of below.

Since we did not splurge on a balcony this time, this aft area on the lido deck became my favorite spot for the week. It was usually quiet when I got there around 6:30 in the morning to enjoy the sunrise with a cup of English Breakfast Tea...

4894a1f1.jpg

So, I started and ended my cruise there... Here is the last morning with a picture of the Dames point bridge in the background.

85da04ee.jpg

OP, these are the BEST pictures I have seen of the Fantasy class.

Loved our Fascination cruise and you got the spot where we loved to hang out.

Our kids loved it too. It was their first.

We have been on larger ships (Liberty) and smaller ships (Holiday). We LOVE :D the smaller ships! Fantasy Class ships are just perfect. Less crowded, wonderful service, great food and I could go on and on! Thanks for your review and pictures! We are sailing on Fascination in December and could not be more excited! The only thing I liked better about the Liberty was the outdoor movie screen. We would grab a blanket and pillow and watch movies under the stars every night. Yep, we are party animals! LOL

APDMOM-so glad you finally got to sail that ship that is in your back yard! Well turns out I will be asking you again for a ship snapshot, my friends from the book club decided that they wanted to try a cruise, and asked me, since i was such a "professional" cruiser, LOL to help them navigate their first cruise...table for a party of six???

Naturally, you could not refuse, since they practically forced you into another cruise :D

Of course I will take the pics. Just let me know closer to the time on the Fascination in Jacksonville thread. That way it can make its way to my calendar.

Thank you for your review and sharing your great photos.

Great review! Your pictures are great, can't wait to sail out of Jacksonville for the first time in October!

Agreed especially the area APDMOM took pictures of below.

OP, these are the BEST pictures I have seen of the Fantasy class.

Loved our Fascination cruise and you got the spot where we loved to hang out.

Our kids loved it too. It was their first.

Thank you for all the compliments! Glad you are enjoying the pics.

We have been on larger ships (Liberty) and smaller ships (Holiday). We LOVE :D the smaller ships! Fantasy Class ships are just perfect. Less crowded, wonderful service, great food and I could go on and on! Thanks for your review and pictures! We are sailing on Fascination in December and could not be more excited! The only thing I liked better about the Liberty was the outdoor movie screen. We would grab a blanket and pillow and watch movies under the stars every night. Yep, we are party animals! LOL

We will have to somehow try to go at a time when it is not as busy. Since this was a summer cruise, we found sea days quite crowded - especially the promenade. The Waterworks area was nice and spacious though!

Now, if only they would bring the Blue Iguana onto Fascination :D

Great job APDMOM! Your review and pic's were not only of great quality, but it also provided us the chance to think back on our two recent Fascination cruises and the good times we had on them!

I tend to agree with the other poster about parking at the terminal. I choose to spend the extra money to park in the cruise lot (in a parking spot that I select) and not have to worry about my vehicle or riding on any shuttle busses.

The last time we cruised we were onboard, finished with lunch, unpacking our stuff while awaiting departure. My DW realized then that we may have left something in the car. I had to disembark and run out to the car to check for the item (ala the old "good" OJ Simpson Hertz Rental Car commercial where he ran through the airport). Turns out we left it at home, but at least I had the option to go back to the car.

Again, congrat's on having a great cruise and sharing it with us! :D

Archived