msZuiderdam - Secrets?

kcscrapper

I was just reviewing research information as to an earlier cruise vacation and am reminded that some ships have "secrets" -- usually little known or used public decks or spaces. (Well ... and food, but I've asked about that earlier.)

So -- does the lady Zuiderdam's have secrets?

And who is willing to share some of those secrets?;)

That means they can hold 9 people!!!

4166 is the better of the two because the other one adjoins the ice room, which can be noisy. If you have a long cruise, and/or a hot weather cruise, that bigger balcony can make a huge difference:)

If you are an early morning person - don't waste your time in the Lido - go to the Sea View Pool - a very nice atmosphere and much more relaxing - and you will get to know a couple of the crew:):)

- go to the Sea View Pool - a very nice atmosphere and much more relaxing

thank you for that one -- we like to breakfast outside! I was looking at the deck plans, searching for the outdoor breakfast spot. I didn't really consider the Sea View area as it didn't seem to have much other than the pool decking and pool seating.

Shhhh! If everyone knows then I won't be able to book them when I want! ;)

Good to know. The deck plans are a bit deceptive, I guess. We won't be in contention as we prefer mid-ships to forward cabins! But a big ole' deck is a enticing draw!

The Zuiderdam color scheme looks better in real life than it does in her photos: burgundy, red, purple and dark paneling.

This is so true! I was really wondering about the decor from looking at pictures online but once you're onboard, it works. A little dark for my tastes (except the Crow's Nest and Explorer's Lounge) but quite nice.

The atrium, on the other hand, is much smaller than it looks in pictures. It's the smallest atrium we've ever seen on a ship so far.

OP, did you know that you can download art tours of each ship in mp3 format? DH and I did this and spent part of our last sea day exploring the ship with the art tour. The narration is really cheesy but the information is interesting and you will notice nooks and crannies on the ship that you didn't even realize existed. The mp3s are on HAL's website, but you can also borrow ipods from the ship's library. This seems to be a pretty well kept secret as DH and I got some really funny looks while we wandered around with our ipods on, looking at the walls!

Good to know. The deck plans are a bit deceptive, I guess. We won't be in contention as we prefer mid-ships to forward cabins! But a big ole' deck is a enticing draw!

4166 & 4164 are towards the aft;)

thank you for that one -- we like to breakfast outside! I was looking at the deck plans, searching for the outdoor breakfast spot. I didn't really consider the Sea View area as it didn't seem to have much other than the pool decking and pool seating.

We used the Sea View Pool area constantly to eat. So nice out there, way better than staying inside the Lido.

Not everyone is aware of the fact that cabins 4164 & 4166 have 18 foot balconies.:)

Thank you very much for this tip - I had just booked a cruise on the Zuiderdam for November VA guarantee - checked the deck plan and this VD cabin looks wonderful. I have phoned back and now will be in 4166 - saved a bit of money too!!!

Thank you very much for this tip - I had just booked a cruise on the Zuiderdam for November VA guarantee - checked the deck plan and this VD cabin looks wonderful. I have phoned back and now will be in 4166 - saved a bit of money too!!!

Good for you - hope you enjoy your cruise & Nice big balcony. :)

Archived