Question about Shuttle Vehicles

LesaL

This is an unusual question, and one I have searched for without finding an answer.

I am flying into FLL for a cruise out of POM in October. I will be staying one night precruise. I need a shuttle to the hotel and/or pier that is the type that has the rail and steps boarding versus the van type that has maybe a high running board type step into the vehicle.

Does anyone know what shuttle service or hotel shuttle vehicle has the boarding that I described? Any information will be appreciated.

Lesa

Call each company as suggested. I have seen some drivers carry a step stool to help customers on SOME tours shuttles. Usually.... the shuttle BUSES are what you want. Whereas a shuttle VAN would need the stool. But yes, call and make sure you get a guarantee in writing via email or you might end up fighting to get your credit after the fact and be stuck..

Most of the shuttle companies, like SAS, Go and Supershuttle use vans with a step stool to get in back. If the hotel you stay at has a shuttle, it's likely a van, but I have seen "mini-bus" type shuttles, similar to what Park N Go uses to Port Everglades seen in the pic below. I suspect this is the type you are after?

l.jpg

Most of the shuttle companies, like SAS, Go and Supershuttle use vans with a step stool to get in back. If the hotel you stay at has a shuttle, it's likely a van, but I have seen "mini-bus" type shuttles, similar to what Park N Go uses to Port Everglades seen in the pic below. I suspect this is the type you are after?

l.jpg

That picture is the type of transport that I need. If I don't find a hotel or transport service that uses that type, I will likely have to use a cab. It would be a lot cheaper to go with a shuttle.

If a hotel uses a shuttle like that, then I can just go from airport to hotel, back to the airport the next morning. Then I would use Celebrity transfer to get to the port. I would assume that they would use a full size bus for their transfers. I have not cruised out of Miami before.

Thanks for posting the picture.

Lesa

If I don't find a hotel or transport service that uses that type, I will likely have to use a cab. Thanks for posting the picture.

Lesa

Cabs will be required to use car seats/booster seats. You should tip the driver a bit extra to account for the time spent installing and uninstalling the seat. Good luck! :)

While standing in line at Port Everglades last year, I saw a mini-bus like that from the Comfort Inn on Stirling Rd. I can't say for sure, but I think there was also another hotel named on the side of the shuttle, perhaps the Hampton Inn next door.

Archived