Australian Cruises

Can anyone tell me if there is a particular reason why any cruise around Australia ,or Sydney to Fremantle ,or reverse sail out of Aust waters to Indonesia, I have a friend wanting to sail from Sydney to Perth but did not want to have to get passports for the 5 of them, but I have found all cruises go out of Aust waters, my answer would be to get your passport as it can be used again once they have become hooked on cruising;):D but they did;nt really want to do this because of the added cost, I just thought there may have been a reason ie duty free that they did this. Robin:)

It also adds more interest to the cruise.

Unless it's an event e.g. Melbourne Cup, or a destination ship, one way cruises that are domestic only are generally harder to sell as many locals have seen (most of) the major cities they go and there's less interest, plus people generally don't like one ways.

Adding more exotic destinations generally makes it more appealing and more of a 'holiday' for people.

Two (2) reasons Bali or Lombok are included in round Australia cruises:

1. It is a bit bare for ports of interest in the top end so Indonesia is included, otherwise too many days at sea.

2. Aussies love Bali so it is an attractive port of call for Australian based cruises.

Yes you will need Passports, BUT Visas are issued on arrival iN Indonesia.

Two (2) reasons Bali or Lombok are included in round Australia cruises:

1. It is a bit bare for ports of interest in the top end so Indonesia is included, otherwise too many days at sea.

2. Aussies love Bali so it is an attractive port of call for Australian based cruises.

Yes you will need Passports, BUT Visas are issued on arrival iN Indonesia.

Do you know if that is correct for all passengers, including those on UK passports, for Lombok?

Sandy in Spain

Do you know if that is correct for all passengers, including those on UK passports, for Lombok?

Sandy in Spain

This applies to all passengers, RCCL process the visas for a charge of $25 P/P, everyone has to hand in there passports which are returned after you have been to Indonesia. Robin:)

• 3 weeks later...

Just recieved email confirmation from <info.princess@carnivalaustralia.com> that UK passengers will get their visa for Lombok on board Dawn Princess

Sandy in Spain

Yes Sandy (of Spain), that's what Robin was saying. You have to hand your passport in, they charge you ($25) and they give you back your passport after you leave Bali - it's not exclusive to Princess.

Hi Robin, hope you're well and regards to Fred!

Cheers

Di

I'm thinking about taking a northern Australia cruise, Sydney to Perth after our cruise arrival from the states. Thinking of the cruise, 'cause for the 2 weeks we plan to spend in your country, a cruise is more cost effective than renting a car & doing it on our own. Plus, there is SO much to see in Australia, one can't do it all.

So, my question is, what is your op about this cruise ( Royal Car. Oct. 24 2013, 16 nights) Sydney / Brisbane/ Airlie Beach/ Darwin/ Bali/ Port Hedland/ Geraldton & Perth. As for final departure from Australia, doesn't matter if it's Perth or Sydney. We would have only 1 day layover between cruises in Sydney.

Thanks.

Yes Sandy (of Spain), that's what Robin was saying. You have to hand your passport in, they charge you ($25) and they give you back your passport after you leave Bali - it's not exclusive to Princess.snip..

Yes but I was asking about Lombok, not Bali. It´s all been clarified now by Carnival in Australia

Sandy in Spain

I'm thinking about taking a northern Australia cruise, Sydney to Perth after our cruise arrival from the states. Thinking of the cruise, 'cause for the 2 weeks we plan to spend in your country, a cruise is more cost effective than renting a car & doing it on our own. Plus, there is SO much to see in Australia, one can't do it all.

So, my question is, what is your op about this cruise ( Royal Car. Oct. 24 2013, 16 nights) Sydney / Brisbane/ Airlie Beach/ Darwin/ Bali/ Port Hedland/ Geraldton & Perth. As for final departure from Australia, doesn't matter if it's Perth or Sydney. We would have only 1 day layover between cruises in Sydney.

Thanks.

Hi there, we did this cruise on the Radiance. We did it B2B with the Perth to Sydney via NZ cruise, as did Robin. Whilst the cruise you are talking about was 'good' I wouldn't rave about it - mainly because of Geraldton and Port Hedland. We did however love the Perth/NZ/Sydney cruise.

Much better than driving it that's for sure.:eek:

Cheers

Di

Yes Sandy (of Spain), that's what Robin was saying. You have to hand your passport in, they charge you ($25) and they give you back your passport after you leave Bali - it's not exclusive to Princess.

Hi Robin, hope you're well and regards to Fred!

Cheers

Di

Hi Di hope you and Tony are well, really looking forward to Nov it's been a long winter, looking at booking Sea Princess 25th Jan for Fred's birthday, as the Nov cruise will be a bit on the cool side it would be nice to have a nice warm cruise. Happy cruising. Robin:)

Yes but I was asking about Lombok, not Bali. It´s all been clarified now by Carnival in Australia

Sandy in Spain

Bali & Lombok are both part of the same country , Indonesia. So I would be confident that their visa arrangements with ship passengers in transit would be the same.

Bali & Lombok are both part of the same country , Indonesia. So I would be confident that their visa arrangements with ship passengers in transit would be the same.

We called in at Bali and also at Lombok on two cruises within the last year with Princess. On both occasions Princess collected the passports on board and organised the Indonesian visas on board. Cost for everyone was AUD$25.

Archived