NEED ADVICE! Family member unable to travel with us.....

bankonus

We are booked Early Saver for a cruise Sept. 19th. Daughter is getting married before we sail away. We have 3 rooms booked for our part of the family. Me/hubby in 1 room, 22yo son and 16yo daughter in another 4 doors down, and 33yo son and 16 yo grand-daughter next to them. We usually put the girls together once we arrive. 33yo son can't sail now, but will be attending the wedding before we sail.

I am thinking we shouldn't say anything to Carnival until we arrive that day. Is it going to be an issue now that the 16yo is checking in and in a room to herself on paper? We are still putting the girls together, and our 22yo will be in the room by himself now. Will they switch it once we arrive if we booked early saver? Or will we just have to get extra keys and move everyone? I know they won't switch early saver now, and we are aware we lose sons money altogether to give other son own room. To get his pre-paid gratuities back do we just ask for them to be refunded at customer service? If anyone has experience with these situations, thanks for your help!

We are booked Early Saver for a cruise Sept. 19th. Daughter is getting married before we sail away. We have 3 rooms booked for our part of the family. Me/hubby in 1 room, 22yo son and 16yo daughter in another 4 doors down, and 33yo son and 16 yo grand-daughter next to them. We usually put the girls together once we arrive. 33yo son can't sail now, but will be attending the wedding before we sail.

I am thinking we shouldn't say anything to Carnival until we arrive that day. Is it going to be an issue now that the 16yo is checking in and in a room to herself on paper? We are still putting the girls together, and our 22yo will be in the room by himself now. Will they switch it once we arrive if we booked early saver? Or will we just have to get extra keys and move everyone? I know they won't switch early saver now, and we are aware we lose sons money altogether to give other son own room. To get his pre-paid gratuities back do we just ask for them to be refunded at customer service? If anyone has experience with these situations, thanks for your help!

Wait till you get on the ship. We do it all the time. It will not be an issue.

For substituting a new guest for another: If you booked early saver, you would have to cancel the guest and incur any penalties and the re-book the new guest. If that would occur after the final payment date for the cruise, there would be a $50 per person fee.

Thanks everyone. I am not worried about losing the $, since my other son is looking forward to his own room. I was more worried about having a minor booked in a room by herself with his no show. I assume we can fix all of this once we board the ship. Hopefully my husband will have time while the girls are getting dressed for the wedding, to go to customer service and fix it. We should be the only ones on the ship that early, so no lines! lol

chances are it will not be an issue, if for any reason it is just pretend to spit you and your husband then of course just make the arrangements as you planned to :) I doubt they will make you go through all that for the sake of paperwork at that point. But like I said IF they do then just pretend to split the two of you , one in each room. Have fun!

For substituting a new guest for another: If you booked early saver, you would have to cancel the guest and incur any penalties and the re-book the new guest. If that would occur after the final payment date for the cruise, there would be a $50 per person fee.

You mean if that would happen BEFORE final payment. There are no name changes allowed with ES .. after final payment standard cancellation penalties apply .. which are either you lose all of your deposit or half your cruisefare, whichever is more (and thats at the beginning of the period, more $$ for later into penalty phase).. it for sure is more than $50 after final payment.

Probably just a typo?? You must not have meant after final payment..you meant before right?

i dont remember the rules right off, are you still able to pay the $50 and pay for a name change and invite someone else to go?

For any fare but Early Saver. ES allows for no name/passenger changes.

Archived