Booked a Suite...Excited About Free Internet? Don't BE! It's Gone!

Angiet2

History: We paid full price for the GRAND SUITE, on Sapphire, for the Sept. 1, 2012 Alaska sailing. At the time of booking (March 2011), one of the perks that we were pretty excited over was complimentary internet minutes.

Fast forward to today... I just happened to be looking over a PDF that some nice person on CruiseCritic posted that listed the 'updated' full suite benefits and noticed that the words 'complimentary internet' were MISSING! The 'free' computer in room (big deal!) is still there, but no minutes. I figured that surely this must be a typo since I have seen no mention of it on the Princess boards.

NOPE! I just hung up with Princess and the benefit is LONG gone! Nice of Princess to reach out to their booked passengers and let us know (read with great sarcasm, since it was me, your humble typist that had to reach out to them!).

Per Carlos in Princess C/S, any full suite bookings made after July 15, 2012, will NOT get free internet (except w/ what you might get with your Captains Circle benefits). Carlos told me that I will need to go to Guest Relations, once on board, and tell them to remove any and all internet fees/charges from my bill. Gee, anyone want to venture a guess on how that is giong to go?

Needless to say, I have supervisor emailing me that I am NOT to be charged for any internet usage.

I know, I know..... Vacations are not a time for hanging on the internet, but when your dad is on the heart transplant list, you are self employed and hey, 'just life', you have to stay in touch.

I just wanted to bring this up to any of you who might be in a similar situation with full suites booked before July 15, 2012, so you know to call Princess and get an email from a supervisor stating that you are to have all internet fees waived. :)

This is actually old news that was covered here weeks ago. As I recall, bookings before a certain date were grandfathered in. You might want to re-check your particular situation. Hope you get it.

History: We paid full price for the GRAND SUITE, on Sapphire, for the Sept. 1, 2012 Alaska sailing. At the time of booking (March 2011), one of the perks that we were pretty excited over was complimentary internet minutes.

Fast forward to today... I just happened to be looking over a PDF that some nice person on CruiseCritic posted that listed the 'updated' full suite benefits and noticed that the words 'complimentary internet' were MISSING! The 'free' computer in room (big deal!) is still there, but no minutes. I figured that surely this must be a typo since I have seen no mention of it on the Princess boards.

NOPE! I just hung up with Princess and the benefit is LONG gone! Nice of Princess to reach out to their booked passengers and let us know (read with great sarcasm, since it was me, your humble typist that had to reach out to them!).

Per Carlos in Princess C/S, any full suite bookings made after July 15, 2012, will NOT get free internet (except w/ what you might get with your Captains Circle benefits). Carlos told me that I will need to go to Guest Relations, once on board, and tell them to remove any and all internet fees/charges from my bill. Gee, anyone want to venture a guess on how that is giong to go?

Needless to say, I have supervisor emailing me that I am NOT to be charged for any internet usage.

I know, I know..... Vacations are not a time for hanging on the internet, but when your dad is on the heart transplant list, you are self employed and hey, 'just life', you have to stay in touch.

I just wanted to bring this up to any of you who might be in a similar situation with full suites booked before July 15, 2012, so you know to call Princess and get an email from a supervisor stating that you are to have all internet fees waived. :)

You should not have a problem. We got off the Crown Princess last Monday (7/23) and we received free internet. I also received an e-mail from Princess just before I boarded that said that bookings made before July 15, 2012 would be grandfathered in. I have that e-mail saved and printed to refer to on our upcoming cruise in a little more than one month. I believe that Princess will honor that commitment.

Many people have received letters stating they will receive the unlimited minutes on their cruises booked before the July deadline but I have not received anything on any of my five booked cruises. I plan to have something in my hand before we board but I still am very unhappy with Princess regarding the way we all found out.

I still don't understand why they can't allow us "some" minutes.

Compozer - go to the princess website and under contact us send them an email about this. That is what I did and their response was the form letter saying as long as suite was booked before July 15...... I printed it out to take with me on my cruise in 14 months.

Archived