State room below Galley

jovifan78

Does anyone know if this is a bad area for a room? We'll be on the fantasy and now I'm wondering if this was a good idea. lol Anybody ever had a room directly below the kitchen galley? And noise issues during the night?

I have never been on that ship but I have been under the galley 1 time and will NEVER do it again! It was so loud a couple nights that it woke us up when they were cleaning and lasted for long time....we are now booking rooms that have rooms above and below us.

on our cruise on the Valor in June we stayed on deck 6 near the fromt stairwell. normally we prefer to stay on deck 1 or 2 but this is what was avaliable when we booked. this room location is esentially near the main theater. very loud alway down the hallway by the room. also inside the room could hear very clearly the soloist and CD when they were on the mic. would not reccommend this location at all!!!

Switch rooms if at all possible if anyone in your party is a light sleeper. We were under the galley on Celebrity and never again! Loud noise as carts were rolled over metal grates much of the night and dishes dropped at all hours. It was the only flaw in an otherwise almost perfect vacation. I always check now for white spaces above my cabin and locate the galley before booking.

Fantasy-class ships have many, many cabins with upper berths. In fact, I wanted one without them, since I'm sailing Leg 2 with a friend and want the beds separated and didn't want to think about getting up in the night and clonking my head on the upper-berth ledge.

The only cabins left (and there were many) mid-ship on Main all had 2 dots on the deck plans. Check the "real" deck plans. The ones that come up if you do a fake booking do not show the bed configuration.

I've been under the dining room, which was fine. But I've read plenty of horror stories about being under the galley, so I would definitely check to see if you can move.

I've been forward in E52 and there was no noise from the theatre traffic above. But DD was in E56 and there is a crew door next to it, which started slamming very early in the morning, which did not make her happy.

I'd aim for Riviera or Main. Those are normally very quiet decks.

Does anyone know if this is a bad area for a room? We'll be on the fantasy and now I'm wondering if this was a good idea. lol Anybody ever had a room directly below the kitchen galley? And noise issues during the night?

I would not hesitate to switch rooms if I were you... two cruises ago we were booked in a stateroom right under the galley and we got no sleep at all... it sounded like pots and pans were being dropped on our heads every two seconds... went to guest services the first night and they said they would look into it... by the second night I was a zombie and went back to guest services in which they moved us to deck 7... thank goodness they had a room available!

Switch rooms if at all possible if anyone in your party is a light sleeper. We were under the galley on Celebrity and never again! Loud noise as carts were rolled over metal grates much of the night and dishes dropped at all hours. It was the only flaw in an otherwise almost perfect vacation. I always check now for white spaces above my cabin and locate the galley before booking.

Same here. 12 nights on a Celebrity ship and every night it sounded like a wrestling tag team match. OP, the galley is 24/7. Hope you can change.

I was going to book a room on Empress deck on the Fascination for our upcoming cruise, but my PVP highly recommended that I book a room on the upper deck. He said it would be very noisy under the galley and dining room. So we are booked on Upper, I'm glad my PVP is looking out for me.

I haven't been on that class of ship yet, but we were under the Lido galley on our first cruise on the Spirit. Every morning the pot banging started at about 3:30. I bought ear plugs at the first port. :o

Like others, I recommend you move if you can! If not, bring some good ear plugs with you. :D

I called my pvp today and the only other room that was an option was for 5 people so that was a no go. We only have three people in my part. Anybody else wanna go? lol But he did say that he'd keep an eye out and told me to keep checking back so cross your fingers!

Archived