SAn Juan/walking without luggage

We will be on a Royal Caribbean cruise which ends up in San Juan. Our flight home is not until the afternoon. We would like to take a walk in Old San Juan instead of going right to the airport. Is there any way or any place to store luggage while we walk for a few hours?

Depending on the cruise line, some will have your luggage delivered to the airport for a fee. If they do this there will be info in your cabin about this. Check on the cruise lines site to see if they do or ask here. Let us know what ship. And, in some ports ships have tours and drop you off at the airport at the end of the tour. Look into that also.

A number of times, I've read of Barrachina's holding luggage.

We have had lunch and/or cocktails there and it is convenient and they seem to be reliable though we have never personally left anything for them to hold thus cannot verify how safe it is.

Edited by sail7seas

Some Royal Caribbean ships have the valet service to get the luggage to the airport. I believe it was $20 a bag on the Serenade. We've not used it so I'm not completely sure which ships it's available on.

Thank you for the suggestions about storing luggage while walking in Old San Juan.

We will be on the Royal Caribbean Adventure. I will call them and see if they will offer the service of getting our luggage to the airport.

And Barrachina is a good option also.

I do not know what excursions are offered in the port of San Juan, but I will find out when we get closer to Feb sailing.

Farwindtraveler:)

Thank you for the suggestions about storing luggage while walking in Old San Juan.

We will be on the Royal Caribbean Adventure. I will call them and see if they will offer the service of getting our luggage to the airport.

I do not know what excursions are offered in the port of San Juan, but I will find out when we get closer to Feb sailing.

Royal does not offer the valet luggage service in San Juan at this time.:eek:

I'd say the tipping was pretty much mandatory. We left bags there prior to our cruise. The man who took them informed us of what the "usual" tip was and stood there in front of the door with his hand out.

I had intended to both have a drink and give a tip when we returned from our touring and before leaving for the ship. I decided to forego the drink.

I don't like being bullied into tipping. If they intend to charge a fee, then charge a fee. :mad:

They keep the bags locked in a room.

• 1 year later...
I'd say the tipping was pretty much mandatory. We left bags there prior to our cruise. The man who took them informed us of what the "usual" tip was and stood there in front of the door with his hand out.

I had intended to both have a drink and give a tip when we returned from our touring and before leaving for the ship. I decided to forego the drink.

I don't like being bullied into tipping. If they intend to charge a fee, then charge a fee. :mad:

They keep the bags locked in a room.

How much was the "tip"?

As mentioned, AOS in San Juan does not offer the valet luggage transfers.

You should not have to wait until later to view the excursions offered in San Juan. Log into your account and select the pre-cruise planner. You can click on all of the excursions offered in San Juan (for both embarkation and debarkation days). On my cruises I can see the tour of Old San Juan + airport drop off is offered. They are also advertising a Bacardi distillery tour + airport drop off.

If you prefer to store your stuff at Barrachina's and do an independant walking tour of OSJ, take a look at the walking tour outlined at puertoricodaytrips.com. here's a link: http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/old-san-juan-walking-tour-1/

Edited by mom says