My MCO to Port Canaveral Plan...

coolcat12

Now that I have figured out Ft. Lauderdale with my past two Oasis cruises, I am challenging myself with Port Canaveral and the Freedom of the Seas. I have made tentative plans for arrival one night prior and one night post B2B cruise. How does this all look? I feel like I am missing something...:o

Fly from PHX to MCO arrive afternoon-ish

Rent car at Budget MCO(great rate thanks to USAA)

Arrive hotel Cape Canaveral

Return Budget rental to Canaveral agency

Shuttle from Budget to Freedom

Return:

Leave Freedom

Shuttle?? to Budget Rental Canaveral (is there a return shuttle?)

Visit Kennedy Space Center (need tix)

Return Budget rental MCO late evening

Stay at MCO Hyatt in airport

Early morning flight

Now that I have figured out Ft. Lauderdale with my past two Oasis cruises, I am challenging myself with Port Canaveral and the Freedom of the Seas. I have made tentative plans for arrival one night prior and one night post B2B cruise. How does this all look? I feel like I am missing something...:o

Arrive hotel Cape Canaveral Some hotels are listed as Cocoa Beach...these will be fine locale wise - only a mile or so further away than those that say they are Port Canaveral

Return:

Leave Freedom

Shuttle?? to Budget Rental Canaveral (is there a return shuttle?)Yup

Stay at MCO Hyatt in airport There are a number of hotels close to MCO with shuttles that might be less expensive than the MCO Hyatt but being able to walk downstairs for your flight is a plus and might be worth the extra money.

Early morning flight

Looks like a good plan to me....only thing I think you have left off is to take some quarters for the tolls between MCO and Canaveral, stopping at Publix Grocery store to pick up anything you forgot to bring, and having a great time!

Arrive hotel Cape Canaveral

Return:

Leave Freedom

Shuttle?? to Budget Rental Canaveral (is there a return shuttle?)

Stay at MCO Hyatt in airport

Early morning flight

sounds like a plan. yes budget offers free shuttle service to and from the port.

sounds like a plan. yes budget offers free shuttle service to and from the port.

Does Budget have a base at Port Evergalades, too? We want to collect hire car at MCO, drive to Port Everglades a few days later then drop off the hire at the port. After an Oasis cruise, we need to re-hire and back drive up to Port Canaveral to board Enchantment and wondered if Budget have depots at all locations? Also, do they have free shuttle services to the port from both areas? Sorry, not hyjacking the thread, thought I'd ask while on topic. Thanks.

Does Budget have a base at Port Evergalades, too? We want to collect hire car at MCO, drive to Port Everglades a few days later then drop off the hire at the port. After an Oasis cruise, we need to re-hire and back drive up to Port Canaveral to board Enchantment and wondered if Budget have depots at all locations? Also, do they have free shuttle services to the port from both areas? Sorry, not hyjacking the thread, thought I'd ask while on topic. Thanks.

the closest budget to port everglades is quay center in ft. lauderdale and it looks like they offer shuttle service. check them out at http://www.budget.com

I do have another rental car question...

Should I return the car on embarkation day with my luggage, then shuttle or should I drive over to the port and drop off the luggage?

Also, about those Florida tolls....I remember a Disney trip and the tolls weren't manned...you had to have the transponder or exact change(?). What is the deal with that now?

Also, changed from Hyatt to Residence Inn both pre and post cruise. Found better rates at Avis too.

Archived