"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas- Bermuda / Aug 3, 2012

Radio

Radio, what are you using to track your location? Looks like some kind of GPS connected software? I'd love to do the same thing next time out. Thanks.

I have a GPS connected to my laptop, with Naviagation Software loaded.

It was easy to connect. . .I just take a screen shot of the map and post it to CC.

Radio

;);)

What navigation software?

I use DeLorme StreetAtlas Nav Software. I have a Garmin GPSmap 76CSx that I connect with a USB cable. . . or I connect my DeLorme LT40GPS to the laptop. . .

Radio

;);)

I just came back from the Infinity and they had escargot on the menu every night. They were really good :)

They also had them on our Century Cruise from Australia in March every night. And Terry my bride cooked me a bunch yesterday. So when all else fails just

"Reach Out. Reach Out and Touch Someone"

Solstice October 2012 stock up. Terry and Wally's coming:):):)

Thanks

Good morning everyone. . . We have arrived home to Cruise Maryland. We pulled in just before 7AM, and are now tied up to the pier. There are a lot of sad passengers waking up for breakfast and debarkation. . .On the other hand there is a lot of anticipation for new passengers that will be boarding this afternoon for a delightful 8 Night cruise on Enchantment of the Seas. . .I wish I was one of them.

They called for Express Debarkation passengers at 715AM, and should call the first numbered tags by 8AM. I think that I will begin debarkation at about 10, as Mrs. Radio will be picking me up soon after that.

I really had a great cruise, and I don‘t think I have addressed all of the questions from this “LIVE” post, so when I get home this morning I will re-read the entire thread and try to any questions I may have missed. I also have alot more photos to post that I didn't have time to add during the Cruise.

I love to cruise and I love doing “LIVE” posts, so it is really not a hard thing to do. . . it doesn’t take a lot of my time. I often look back at my “LIVE” posts as a journal so I can remember the cruise, and the day to day things that happen.

I hope everyone liked this thread as much as I loved writing it. . .Stay tuned for my next “LIVE” from Freedom of the Seas in November !

I think I need to start packing . . .

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

I take a few pics for my final night onboard.

K1.JPG

We have just picked up the Pilot and are on our way up the Chesapeake

Bay

K2.JPG

Early this morning, we approach the Key Bridge (630AM)

K4.JPG

Enchantment of the Seas approaches the pier slowly (645AM)

K6.JPG

The sun is coming up over Cruise Maryland on a big Cruise day for a lot of Passengers

K8.JPG

So Long from Enchantment of the Seas. . .This has been a great Cruise !

K7.JPG

Nice review.

Interesting from your pic on the bridge, 39 pax would have to use life rafts as opposed to being in a lifeboat. Did you happen to ask how those 39 are identified and do they have different instructions?

Nice review.

Interesting from your pic on the bridge, 39 pax would have to use life rafts as opposed to being in a lifeboat. Did you happen to ask how those 39 are identified and do they have different instructions?

So I'm not the only one concerned when I saw that. I immediately thought that in an emergency/chaos that every seat would not be filled on a life boat and there would be many more than 39 in a life raft.

$%#@! - there goes the newsreel of doom in my head again! :eek:

Nice review.

I think they would put crew in the rafts, not passengers.

Thanks again for another wonderful "live" cruise report, Radio!!! I enjoyed every post and picture (especially the one's of DGS Rody--he's adorable!) and I am so excited for our 7-night Grandeur cruise to Bermuda next August!!

Radio--thanks so much for a fantastic "live" review. It is so great of you to take time away from your cruise with your family to report to all of us and bring us along with you. This trip to Bermuda is helping to pass the time for me until our first cruise to Bermuda on Explorer the end of October.

Your grandson is so adorable! Isn't it great to be able to cruise with the "whole" family!

Hi Radio,

I was on this cruise and met you in the departure lounge at Baltimore (my name is Wayne). You were sitting right behind us. On post #258 of this thread, you can see 3 people in the background. They are our friends... Jeff, Shelly, and Tyler. I don't know if you caught the Farewell Show at 8:45 last night, but this is the Shelly that was on stage with Rick Novell

Anyway, GREAT photos and commentary as always. It was nice to relive our trip through your eyes.

Wayne

There are alot of Passengers on board . . .but next cruise will be more. . .

G8.JPG

Nice review.

I think they would put crew in the rafts, not passengers.

This is the photo that setsail is referring to, and yes, it appears that there are indeed more passengers than the lifeboats can hold, by 39. Notice that the number of passengers in lifeboats number is fixed while the number of passengers on board and not in the lifeboats are written in each cruise.

This is not a big deal. There are scores of life rafts on board, and we aren't talking about a little tiny rubber boat with a plastic paddle, but the large survival rafts that probably each hold several dozen, with the fully weatherproof coverings.

It is almost certain that if something happens serious enough to require the use of lifeboats or rafts, then some of them will be damaged or unreachable. That is why they have well in excess of the required capacity on board.

Theron

Edit to add:

Here's a copy of one of Radio's earlier pictures. If you look just below the life raft, you can see several "canisters" each of which holds one of these large rafts. They are located both with the life rafts and also in other parts of the ship (one place I know for sure is on Deck 5 in the stern, where they have several stacks of them.) I doubt any different procedures are needed, since they don't tell anyone how to board a boat OR a raft during the drill.

P22.JPG

The forecast for tomorrow is rain, so there are only a few more hours of sun !

P21.JPG

The young lady sunbathing butt side up on the edge of the pool in the right side of the photo. Is she wearing a thong?

Archived