"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas- Bermuda / Aug 3, 2012

Radio

Radio..those early AM and late night photos are stunning.....totally different perspective of the ship....

And Merion Mom..yes..that one shot does look like a painting....might have to see if i can borrow it and enlarge it for the wall!!

Hope you had a great day touring.....can't wait for the next installment.

Thank you for the wonderful review, we are on the next 6 nighter and it's a treat to see where we'll be in two weeks. The pool deck on the Enchantment is really quite beautiful, I love the walking bridges. Thank you!

We are on this cruise too! Haven't been to Bermuda before so very excited!

Radio, is Destination Dockyard an ongoing event, we will be in Bermuda on Explorer in september and wondered if we will experience this.

Cheshire...Radio mentioned earlier...(i think...or maybe it was Cruise Diva..) that it runs until mid september...

here is some info...

http://www.thewestend.bm/2012/03/destination-dockyard-2012/

Looks like tonight's entertainment features people from Enchantment...I am sure Radio will have photos later this evening....I hope so...it's been a while since I have seen a Destination Dockyard.....

Hello everyone. . . I made it back to the ship after a great day in Bermuda.

I was able to do most of the things I wanted to do. . . St. Georges, Tobacco Bay Beach, St. David’s Lighthouse.

I started off by leaving the ship this morning at about 9AM. . .I picked up my scooter at Oleanders, and I thought I would go in Phoenix Pharmacy to grab a coffee and a paper. I was very happy that they proudly serve Starbucks Coffee. . . Ahhh. . .I’ll have a Breakfast Blend to go ! Ok. . .now that I have filled up the tank, it off for my first stop.

I was going to take the South Shore Rd right past the beaches, but it is tough to be looking at these beautiful beaches without even stopping for a moment. . .So I stopped at Horseshoe Bay Beach for a few pics, and it wasn’t that busy. . .I was surprised. Horseshoe Bay Beach is very beautiful, with very soft sand and very beautiful water. There are lots of rental products available with food and drinks. The changing and rest areas are maintained as well.

I then went all the way over to St Georges. I really love St. Georges. . .it is a very quiet well kept area of Bermuda. I sailed to Bermuda a few years ago and we docked at St. Georges at the Ordnance Island Pier. . .They have another Cruise Ship Pier there as well ( Pennos Wharf Pier) We docked there with Norwegian Majesty. (She has since been sold to Louis Cruise Lines from Greece) I went over to Gates Fort at the St Georges Cut, where the Town Crier would fire a cannon and welcome the Cruise Ships as they entered the cut.

As I worked my way around St Georges Parish I made my way over to St Catherine’s beach (quiet) and Tobacco Bay Beach (very crowded). The sights are spectacular at Tobacco Bay beach as rock formations seem to thrust from the beautiful water. One of the attendants there suggested that this is a very popular beach for snorkeling. There were rental facilities, and food service. I did have to stop for a nice dip to cool off. It felt very nice.

I had to go back over by the Airport (L.F. Wade Intl) to get over to the eastern most portion of Bermuda to get to St David’s Lighthouse. I have been to Bermuda a dozen times, but have never made it over this far. It is constructed with stone, and it is much smaller (83 steps)than the Gibb’s Hill Lighthouse (185 steps) The views from above are beautiful as you seem to be able to see everything. I was able to see Clearwater Beach to the south on St. Davis Island ( I have to go there next trip to Bermuda)

I started to make my way back to the Dockyard, and I received a text form DD1 and 2 suggested they were on there way to Horseshoe Bay beach. I stopped back there to look for them, but I think the text was delayed, so it didn’t quite work out. I will be meeting them tonight at Destination Dockyard, which should be a lot of fun.

Here are a few pics from this afternoon. . .More pics tomorrow !

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

As I leave the Ship, I can see that many people rented scooters last night.

M14.JPG

If you reserve your scooter in advance there is a $5 Discount. . .

M16.JPG

Phoenix Pharmacy in the Dockyard has a lot of gift items as well as food and. . .

M.JPG

Starbucks Coffee. . .Ahhh. . . .

M78.JPG

Sandy’s Parish is so beautiful. . .

M23.JPG

At every turn the views are better. . .

M24.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

I’m glad I didn’t find any of these at Horseshoe Bay Beach

M29.JPG

There weren’t many people here this early. . .the beach is beautiful though. . .

M37.JPG

The views from the cliffs are spectacular

M38.JPG

The Lagoon area is perfect for the little ones. . .

M34.JPG

It is pretty easy to climb up the cliffs

M36.JPG

Horseshoe Bay Beach has a Beach Café, Beach rentals, and lots to drink.

M31.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

You can see the ships from Shelly’s Bay over in Hamilton Parish.

M43.JPG

There are several Horse drawn Carriage’s over in St. Georges

M47.JPG

Ordnance Island at St. Georges is very serene.

M49.JPG

Lots of people were getting pics taken in these

M48.JPG

St Georges offers the “Dunking of the Wench” daily. . .during the summer.

M52.JPG

I could wait for the Ferry, as I had more to do. . .

M50.JPG

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

Phoenix Pharmacy in the Dockyard has a lot of gift items as well as food and. . .

M.JPG

And, AIR CONDITIONING. We've been to Bermuda twice, both times at the end of July and it was hot and humid. I walked into the Pharmacy only for the A/C.:D

These are the last few for now. . . More pics tomorrow !

Radio

Tobacco Bay beach can be walked to from the St Georges Ferry Terminal

M62.JPG

The snorkel area is beautiful. . .I just love the colors. . .

M64.JPG

I make it to the St. David’s Lighthouse (free admission)

M70.JPG

I can see Clearwater Beach on St David’s Island

M66.JPG

Horseshoe Bay beach is now packed !

M73.JPG

Ahhh. . .I make it back to my “Home”

M75.JPG

Wow Radio...looks like you had a very busy and fun day!! Great photos...

I will have to remember that Horseshoe Bay beach gets crowded....BUT it looks like they offer rental umbrellas...I will make a mental note for the next time I go to Bermuda..;):)

Have a nice evening...looking forward to hearing about the entertainment at Destination Dockyard.....

Wonderful pictures! I can hardly wait for our Aug. 23rd cruise.

Radio, I have a couple of questions. Do you have to pay to use the changing area at Horseshoe Bay? Also, I have read that snorkeling at Snorkel Park is not great. However, is it adequate for someone who is just trying to learn to snorkel? Also, can you bring your own equipment to Snorkel Park and what is the charge to enter? OK. No more questions.

If any of you would like to see pictures from 1980, I have posted our pictures on Picasa at this link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/102720032296955701968/Bermuda198002#

It was so much fun looking at them after so many years. So many changes yet so much the same.

Pooh!! We are from the Hampton Roads area as well and going on the same cruise!

I think there are a lot of us from this area who like to sail out of Baltimore. Now if Norfolk could just woo more cruiselines here. We are doing the 8-night, too, except on the 23rd.

Doesn't this thread make you anxious to get there?

Cherishrwil and JudyNorth... Greetings! This will be my first cruise out of Baltimore. I sailed on the Enchantment on one of her last cruises out of Norfolk in 2010. And the Explorer out of NJ. I really like the Enchantment. Lovely ship with lots of glass. Good crew. Easy to navigate. Great entertainment. Sorry to see her leave the area.

Wonderful pictures! I can hardly wait for our Aug. 23rd cruise.

Radio, I have a couple of questions. Do you have to pay to use the changing area at Horseshoe Bay? Also, I have read that snorkeling at Snorkel Park is not great. However, is it adequate for someone who is just trying to learn to snorkel? Also, can you bring your own equipment to Snorkel Park and what is the charge to enter? OK. No more questions. >SNIP<

Thanks for the nice comments. . . There is no fee for the changing or shower facilities.

The only reason to go to Snorkel Park beach is if you want a beach to walk to . . .It is perfect for someone who doesn't want take a cab or excursion. it is not that SPB is bad. . .but there are much better beaches in BDA.

Snorkel Park Warning : wear water shoes. . .My DSIL received several cuts on his feet from SPB.

There is a $10 fee for entrance during the day.

Radio

;);)

Archived