"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas- Bermuda / Aug 3, 2012

Radio

Thanks, Radio, for you quick response. I'm still trying to get up the courage to snorkel. I'd rather try it in shallow water so I don't have to go out on a boat and climb in and out of that. Any suggestions?

Your pictures are wonderful and your information is so helpful. Thanks!

Radio, I enjoy your live reviews. As a matter of fact I think you've inspired me to try and do a live review of my upcoming Oasis and Silhouette cruises. I know it will be nowhere as good as yours are but it'll be a lot of fun trying to do it for the first time.

I would like to know this, too. I am on the same cruise as you.:)

I guess we are out of luck....gives me an excuse to book another Bermuda cruise maybe in the summer or early September next time ;)

I think there are a lot of us from this area who like to sail out of Baltimore. Now if Norfolk could just woo more cruiselines here. We are doing the 8-night, too, except on the 23rd.

Doesn't this thread make you anxious to get there?

I've never sailed out of Baltimore but sailed out of Norfolk once a few years back on Carnival and it was do convienient! Such a great terminal but no cruises fom here :(

Radio, thanks for the great live broadcasts. I can't wait to get home form work each day and read your post. It gives me a fix till my cruise in Feb. It's been many,many years since I have been to Bermuda and your pictures remind me of how beautiful it is. It's been one of my favorite vacation spots.Your broadcasts make me what to go back soon. Love the pink sand beaches and the turquoise waters and the friendly people. Great pictures of the Enchantment of the Sea. Sorry to hear they are moving her and I won't get a chance to sail to Bermuda on her.

Thanks again for shariing your vacation with all of us.

Radio, I enjoy your live reviews. As a matter of fact I think you've inspired me to try and do a live review of my upcoming Oasis and Silhouette cruises. I know it will be nowhere as good as yours are but it'll be a lot of fun trying to do it for the first time.

Thanks for the nice comments. . .I think you should. . .I know that I will follow along.

I love "LIVE" reports !

I did a recent "LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette. . .It can be found HERE

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to DAY 5 of “LIVE” from Enchantment of the Seas

Good Morning. . . I was up a little later last night than usual, as Destination Dockyard interfered with dinner a little, so I waited until I got back to the Ship for a bite to eat. I tried to stay awake for the Deck Party at 11, but I fell a little short of making that goal.

I started by going to Destination Dockyard at about 730, and was entertained until about 930 when I left. . . There were about 9 acts, and I was unable to catch the NCL Entertainment. There were about 25 local vendors with tables set up, with local crafts, food, and gifts. Clocktower Mall extended their hours to stay open until 9PM, but the party lasted until about 1030. My girls went to the show along with little Rody, and they seems to have a nice time as well.

I was able to get a bite at the Solarium Grill, but was unable to make it to the deck party at 11. It was a good night, and I would say that there was quite a few locals from Somerset (Sandy’s Parish) that attended as well the dockyard entertainment. I would say there may have been over several hundred passengers in attendance.

We have just a few hours left in Bermuda and have to be back on the ship by 1130. We are still in Atlantic Time zone and will move all clocks back tomorrow.

Here are a few pics from last night. . .

More pics after Sail away. Thanks for the nice comments.

Radio

Little Rody was very happy to be “pretend” riding my Scooter

N1.JPG

Enchantment Crew painting the ship.

N4.JPG

Enchantment of the Seas still looks very nice. . .

N3.JPG

Bermuda’s Finest really like Destination Dockyard.

N6.JPG

There was a lot of Music, Entertainment, Magic, and Comedy for

Passengers.

N7.JPG

The local Gombey Dancers were a favorite

N8.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

Our Cruise Director, John Blair announces the guests for tonight

N9.JPG

Rick Novell, the “Ladder Guy” was very funny. . .

N10.JPG

It was back to the ship for me for a couple more days

N11.JPG

The crew was setting up for the Pirate Deck Party at 11PM

N15.JPG

I was able to get a quick bite at the Solarium Grill

N14.JPG

I could wake up to a view like this everyday. . .

N17.JPG

Awesome.....destination dockyard looks like fun.... I wish they started earlier in the season....

Rody looked cute on the scooter....will not be long til he zooms behind you to the lovely, soft pink Bermuda beaches...

Have a great day

Sent from my Samsung Charge via Tapatalk

Thanks, Radio, for you quick response. I'm still trying to get up the courage to snorkel. I'd rather try it in shallow water so I don't have to go out on a boat and climb in and out of that. Any suggestions?

Your pictures are wonderful and your information is so helpful. Thanks!

Any of the beaches along the south shore are good for newbie snorkelers. the first time I snorkeled was actually at Horseshoe Bay! If you go to horseshoe bay and walk towards the left, if youre looking at the water, there are shallow coves.

I'm still trying to get up the courage to snorkel. I'd rather try it in shallow water so I don't have to go out on a boat and climb in and out of that. Any suggestions?

Practice in a pool first to get the hang of how you have to float/breathe. Wear a vest so it's easier to float. Get one of those snorkels that has a cap on the end so you don't accidentally breathe in water, they sell them at Sports Authority, Modell's, etc.

:eek: I assume that you have never been to the Jersey Shore on a hot July afternoon! :eek:

I was going to post the same thing. I live across the street from the beach, and the crowd at Horseshoe is nothing.

Hello everyone. . . Enchantment of the Seas has left Bermuda and is heading back to Baltimore. We left right at noon with all passengers on board. A couple of excursion boats dropped off many Enchantment passengers right at 11:30. . .talk about cutting it close. . .Wow !

Only a couple of passengers thought that Captain Gus said “Be Back on the Ship at 11:55” we left right at noon and the deck sail away party started. . . It seems that the Pirate themed deck party was re set up for a sail away lunch with music, and Pool contests. Tons of passengers were on deck enjoying the festivities.

I am looking forward to coming to this beautiful island once again. I am sure I will be on Grandeur of the Seas next year when she comes to Baltimore next May.

Here are a few pics from sail away, and I will try to get more pics up later today.

Thanks for all of the nice comments. . .and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Just after my morning post, I admired the Aft end of the Viking Crown Lounge

P1.JPG

A long line of passengers wait to board Enchantment of the Seas for the final time

P2.JPG

The Fantasea Excursion vessel gets back just in time for Enchantment passengers to re board

P3.JPG

A final couple of pics of the picturesque Royal Naval Dockyard

P6.JPG

I think I have mentioned before that Bermuda is my all time favorite port.

P7.JPG

The Shuffleboard deck area get recoated just before sail away

P8.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

Enchantment of the Seas starts to pull away from the pier slowly. . .

P11.JPG

We have to turn around and pass Norwegian Dawn to navigate the channel

P9.JPG

Norwegian Dawn will leave Bermuda too later this afternoon for her trip back to Boston

P9A.JPG

The Grilled burgers and chicken smelled very good. . .

P4.JPG

A sunny deck sail away party has brought many passengers out in the sun. . .

P15.JPG

I will miss the beautiful water in Bermuda. . .So Long. . .for now.

P17.JPG

Glad you had fun in Bermuda!

I love Bermuda too but sure wish there was a cruise going there that stays a little longer. The first time I went it was 6 days, the second time 7 days but I sure would love 10 days!

Great photos...looks like there are a lot of hungry guests up on deck!!!

I love that shot of the VCL....never noticed that before.....

Hope that the seas back to Cruise Maryland are smooth....I have really enjoyed this LIVE report!!! Looking forward to the next few installments....

Thanks for such wonderful photos and reporting!!

Practice in a pool first to get the hang of how you have to float/breathe. Wear a vest so it's easier to float. Get one of those snorkels that has a cap on the end so you don't accidentally breathe in water, they sell them at Sports Authority, Modell's, etc.

Thanks for the advice. I learned that the ocean (particularly when the waves are rocking you) is not the place to learn. I remember playing with my borther's snorkeling equipment when I was a little girl but I never actually learned anything. There wasn't much incentive in a freshwater lake in Florida - not much to see except silt. :D

The aft section of the VCL is the cigar bar after 10 each evening. But the view isn't quite the same without the sunshine.

I LOVE that water, the colors are so BLUE.

And Radio, I agree Bermuda is my favorite port too.

The aft section of the VCL is the cigar bar after 10 each evening. But the view isn't quite the same without the sunshine.

I LOVE that water, the colors are so BLUE.

And Radio, I agree Bermuda is my favorite port too.

guess it would help to see it in daylight maybe??:confused::rolleyes::D

The water is gorgeous.....

Archived