FOS - 11:05am flight from Orlando?

The earliest time I have ever made it back to Orlando after a cruise is 9:30 AM. Is it possible that you could make an 11:05 flight out of MCO... yes, it is. Is it guaranteed that you can make an 11:05 flight out of MCO... no, no way.

So I guess it all depends on how much risk you're willing to take. There are two major ways back to Orlando from Port Canaveral and if something happens on either of those routes there are no good ways to route around.

If the ship isn't delayed, you can make that flight, if everything lines up perfectly. Have a private car service waiting for you, do not do a shared shuttle. We made an 11:15 flight with time to spare. We had a private towncar service waiting for us and were on the road before 8am. We were going through security at the airport at 9am.

Just have a backup plan ready so if the ship is delayed, you know what other flights are available that day.

I posted on the ports board too but would like to hear from RCI people.

Can I make an 11:05am flight from Orlando from departure on FOS port Canaveral. Ship arrives at 6am.

Has anyone had any experience?

Fill in the blanks on this site and it will suggest the earliest departure time to reserve a flight after the cruise in order to make port/airport connections on time?

Keep in mind it's approximately a 45 minute drive from Port Canaveral to MCO which doesn't take into account traffic or a highway mishap.

Fill in the blanks on this site and it will suggest the earliest departure time to reserve a flight after the cruise in order to make port/airport connections on time?

Keep in mind it's approximately a 45 minute drive from Port Canaveral to MCO which doesn't take into account traffic or a highway mishap.

Thank-you everyone

Given the choice, I would choose a later flight. We had a 1:30pm scheduled originally but Delta eliminated that flight and moved us to the 11:15am. At the time, the only other nonstop we could have taken was a 7pm which was way too late so we chose to take a chance with the early flight.

We've cruised from Port Canaveral and made this trip to the Orlando airport many times. We've always booked the later flights to be safe, but we always make it to the airport in time for the 11:00 flight to Atlanta. Typically we see if any seats are available and try to get on that flight. We always like to play it safe and book the later ones, but then again, anything can go wrong. Good luck.

Given the choice, I would choose a later flight. We had a 1:30pm scheduled originally but Delta eliminated that flight and moved us to the 11:15am. At the time, the only other nonstop we could have taken was a 7pm which was way too late so we chose to take a chance with the early flight.

Be sure that you do NOT put your luggage out in the hall the night before getting back to port. You need to carry ALL your luggage to be one of the first to leave the ship. Find out where you will be exiting the ship and get there early so you will be right in the front of the line when the ship is cleared.

Be sure that you do NOT put your luggage out in the hall the night before getting back to port. You need to carry ALL your luggage to be one of the first to leave the ship. Find out where you will be exiting the ship and get there early so you will be right in the front of the line when the ship is cleared.

We didn't do self disembark, we actually were in the fourth group called and were in the car before 8am. We had 4 checked bags plus carryons so self disembark wasn't an option since it would have been unfair to the others around us to try to drag all we had.

Be sure that you do NOT put your luggage out in the hall the night before getting back to port. You need to carry ALL your luggage to be one of the first to leave the ship.

Not necessarily. For my Freedom cruise, I had luggage tag #8 and was off the ship, in the truck and cruising by Orlando MCO by 8:55 am. That would have been plenty of time for a 11:05 fliight.

If there are any kind of delays whatsoever its gonna be tight making it though. That isnt even debatable.

No way would I take any flight out of Orlando prior to noon. We did once, 11:30, and it was too rush rush for me after a relaxing cruise. Have to reenter the hectic world ususally on Monday after, soon enough for me to have to worry about getting back to normal.

Another thought, there was a fatal accident on the hwy back to Orlando. Had to take back roads. Barely made it for a 1:00 flight.

Too many variables for me, noon or later would be my choice.

Tim

No way would I take any flight out of Orlando prior to noon. We did once, 11:30, and it was too rush rush for me after a relaxing cruise. Have to reenter the hectic world ususally on Monday after, soon enough for me to have to worry about getting back to normal.

Another thought, there was a fatal accident on the hwy back to Orlando. Had to take back roads. Barely made it for a 1:00 flight.

Too many variables for me, noon or later would be my choice.

Tim

Thanks everyone - I booked a later flight - I am not going to take a chance.

Archived