Hole Punch Sea Pass Card?

I have not tried the ones with the pouch and clip, we punch a round hole in our cards and then use a key ring to attach to the lanyard. The last time I asked about lanyards on these boards, I was informed that this practice had become "unfashionable" and "tacky" in recent years. (Yeah! no joke) Sooo.... in order to keep the ladies in my family looking spiffy, I took a shot at making beaded lanyards. I finish them off with some sort of metal hoop, then attach a small key ring to the hole-punched cards along with a lobster clasp for easy removal.

Love them! I started making them after a friend made one for me. It's a lot of fun. I just have to be sure not to get carried away!:p

I have not tried the ones with the pouch and clip, we punch a round hole in our cards and then use a key ring to attach to the lanyard. The last time I asked about lanyards on these boards, I was informed that this practice had become "unfashionable" and "tacky" in recent years. (Yeah! no joke) Sooo.... in order to keep the ladies in my family looking spiffy, I took a shot at making beaded lanyards. I finish them off with some sort of metal hoop, then attach a small key ring to the hole-punched cards along with a lobster clasp for easy removal.

Those are lovely Ren. :)

The "fake" refers to the beads. LOL I am sure you realized that.

Actually, I'm not sure what fake beads would look like either. Maybe I'm just a guy here... but aren't beads just anything you put on a string? I've never for a moment thought the word bead described the material, but rather the function (something with a string hole in the middle). Thus "fake bead" sounded just as absurd as "fake blue" to me, so I thought "I wonder what fake blue means?" and assumed this must have been a typo.

Just got off the Freedom July 22 sailing.

Had two choices, found out the hardway ( I will get there in a minute)

Round hole or small rectangle at customer service.

I had two of each on my 4, yes 4 sea pass cards.

Stupid me purchased a very pretty beaded lanyard holder from Staples, and I put it over my neck. Well I did not realize it had a magnetic clasp that held the back of it together.

Every time when I tried to get in the cabin, my sea pass did not work. The first day I had two sea pass cards, and the second as I was getting my fourth the attendant goes, let me see you lanyard, low and behold the magnetic clasp was de-activating my sea pass. I know you read about it, and are told not to put it near anything magnetic, but, I did not knowabout the clasp I just put it over my head, I did not open it. Once I pulled out another lanyard I brought from home I had no trouble.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

I had the same problem on Independence in February. I carry a small shoulder bag on board, and didn't realise it had a magnetic clasp.Had to have my card reactivated twice before I cottoned on.

Actually, I'm not sure what fake beads would look like either. Maybe I'm just a guy here... but aren't beads just anything you put on a string? I've never for a moment thought the word bead described the material, but rather the function (something with a string hole in the middle). .

Exactly--this necklace looks like it is made of beads. But, it is a solid necklace. There are no real beads and no holes in the middle.

Only because my daughter and her tween-aged cousins did this MULTIPLE times…(so embarrassing)

if you carry your Sea Pass/Room Key Card with a rented deck phone or a cell phone make sure they are in SEPARATE spots, not next to/touching each other! I thought the staff was going to lose their minds because of how many times they de-magnatized their cards and had to have new ones issued :(:o:p

Archived