beds for 3 person room- Fantasy class

cruzinlisa

We are thinking about booking on the elation next summer. We are considering an Inside Room this time, as summer prices are higher and DH does not really want to pay extra for a window. What kind of bed configuration does a 3 person room have. Will we have a sofa, like we did on Conquest, pull down bed, or trundle? DD will be 2.5 and she is very petite for her age so absolutely NO WAY will she sleep on one of the upper bunks. I am afraid of heights and I don't see DH doing it either. I am not sure if they will give me a crib for her, especially during a crowded summer cruise. So if its not possible to get a trundle, I have to figure out what to do. Suggestions?

The Sensation had the upper bunks for the 3rd person. I don't know if some of their rooms had the trundle or not.

If the ship doesn't have trundles or cribs, could you bring a pack-n-play or an air mattress for your daughter? Or maybe she'd be ok on a sleeping bag.

If its an upper definitely then I may see if I can request a pack n play or try a travel bed. Even if she were totally barricaded in, I would not sleep a wink, worried about her. This girl has no fear, she would probably find a way to jump out. Or there is always the good old suggestion of sleeping in between mom and dad. There does not seem to be a great solution for where toddlers sleep I guess. I could bring our pack n play but I hate to have another thing to carry on. Maybe I will check out the travel beds and see if they have something small. Thanks.

For sure its NOT definetely a pull down.. you can choose the bed configuration so its either a trundle or a rollaway (hard to guarantee which), but with 3, they would prefer you book this to taking up a quad.

For sure they have cabins you can book without a upper.

Would you be able to bring a single inflatable matress? There would be room on one side of the bed and at the foot of the bed to use one.

we got a aero bed, and threw it out. My sister kept rolling off it... its not that great by itself without rails or something around it.

a rollaway I bet would be fine .. and there are for sure cribs if they are big enough.

worse comes to worse, the OP can take the mattress off the rollaway and put it on the floor. I would not bother with a inflatable and carrying it on, not when you can just put a mattress on the floor.

Okay so what is the difference between a rollaway and a trundle? It will be a july sailing so I would hope they would not want to tie up a quad with 3 people. A crib may work if I can get one, I am not sure how big she will be in a year but right now she is small for her age so I imagine she still will be.

As a related question, I have only sailed on one Fantasy class ship so I do not know much about them at all. I think we will do inside but not sure which floor to pick. I prefer midship or aft. I am not sure about Riviera, because I don't want any vibration. So am I better off to go for Main, Upper or Empress? Normally I like Empress (on Conquest class), but I *think* it looks like that is below the dining rooms etc. The price difference is only about 10 (total) for each floor up so price is not that much of a factor.

Also, when I look at the deck plan on Upper deck, it looks like some of the cabins towards the middle are longer and thinner and the other ones normal? Is that just the way it is drawn or are the cabins a different shape. Is one better than the other?

My friend booked her and 2 kids and they would not even allow her to book a quad which had the bunk beds during the summer.

The difference in the trundle and the rollaway is the trundle is much shorter, not good for adults and almost on the floor and it rolls under the beds for storage. The rollaway is normal height.

I really dont think you would have trouble getting a trundle as a lot of people dont want them.. too low to the floor.

Unless you go way past the aft elevators, the vibration is not that bad and I dont see much difference in the decks except convenience. We try to get near the aft elevators to be honest for convenience. Yes someone could get drunk and walk off them and we could hear them. but so far never happened.

The main difference .. riviera and main decks .. are all cabins .. so many cabins..its like a maze .. and more cabins you could hear noise from some, decks with fewer cabins can be quieter and more convenient is all the difference to me...almost a status thing. People dont want to be down on the bottom 2 decks, but they are fine.

Nothing wrong with below the dining rooms.. but dont get below the kitchen.. its noisy at night .. so avoid being below that.

I have been on Empress twice, mid ship and more forward. I like those locations for this deck.. the middle of Empress is the atrium, so its nice and convenient and you just have to run up one steps I think to the theater as I remember.

Aft is more convenient usually to the buffet and the dining room, traditional we almost always get the aft dining room.

My friend booked her and 2 kids and they would not even allow her to book a quad which had the bunk beds during the summer.

The difference in the trundle and the rollaway is the trundle is much shorter, not good for adults and almost on the floor and it rolls under the beds for storage. The rollaway is normal height.

I really dont think you would have trouble getting a trundle as a lot of people dont want them.. too low to the floor.

Unless you go way past the aft elevators, the vibration is not that bad and I dont see much difference in the decks except convenience. We try to get near the aft elevators to be honest for convenience. Yes someone could get drunk and walk off them and we could hear them. but so far never happened.

The main difference .. riviera and main decks .. are all cabins .. so many cabins..its like a maze .. and more cabins you could hear noise from some, decks with fewer cabins can be quieter and more convenient is all the difference to me...almost a status thing. People dont want to be down on the bottom 2 decks, but they are fine.

Nothing wrong with below the dining rooms.. but dont get below the kitchen.. its noisy at night .. so avoid being below that.

I have been on Empress twice, mid ship and more forward. I like those locations for this deck.. the middle of Empress is the atrium, so its nice and convenient and you just have to run up one steps I think to the theater as I remember.

Aft is more convenient usually to the buffet and the dining room, traditional we almost always get the aft dining room.

Thanks. Very helpful.

I dont have a picture of a trundle bed or Id post it .. its more of a child size bed.

not more than a foot or so off the ground.

We had a trundle bed when I was a kid, it would fit under another bed but you could pull it up to full size too. Was not sure if it was the same or similar

Archived