If Celebrity is your favorite cruise line...

Bridge Maven

Since several people asked, we have sailed on Celebrity, Holland America, Disney, Royal Caribbean, NCL, Carnival, and the defunct Italian line (Leonardo da Vinci).

The Italian line cruise on Leonardo da Vinci was my favorite, but that was during the middle seventies, which was a different era of cruising.

Disney is my favorite cruise line now, but it is not a fair comparison because it is so much more expensive than Celebrity.

Of the mass market cruise lines we have sailed, I like Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and NCL the best (equally).

However, there are other cruise lines we plan to try which include Regent, Oceania, and Princess. In addition, now that some of the new river boats have suites, we plan to take a river cruise, as well.

Thanks :) Have heard you and others praise Disney and need to hang out on that board a little more. The cost is probably out of our league for bringing grandkids along, but still curious. Did you cruise as part of a family event? My kids took their children on an NCL cruise and came home, "never again". Would love to get them interested in cruising again. Hmmmmm, maybe they'll take me instead of the other way around.

Thanks again for your thoughts :)

Thanks :) Have heard you and others praise Disney and need to hang out on that board a little more. The cost is probably out of our league for bringing grandkids along, but still curious. Did you cruise as part of a family event? My kids took their children on an NCL cruise and came home, "never again". Would love to get them interested in cruising again. Hmmmmm, maybe they'll take me instead of the other way around.

Thanks again for your thoughts :)

Petoonya - My husband and I did a three generation Disney cruise with our daughter, son in law, and three grandchildren - ages 5 yr old, 3 yr old, and 9 months old. This was my grandchildren's second Disney cruise and my daughter has two more Disney cruises booked for them The older grandchildren have also sailed on a few other cruise lines, but my daughter and son in law prefer to take their cruises on Disney.

Petoonya - My husband and I did a three generation Disney cruise with our daughter, son in law, and three grandchildren - ages 5 yr old, 3 yr old, and 9 months old. This was my grandchildren's second Disney cruise and my daughter has two more Disney cruises booked for them The older grandchildren have also sailed on a few other cruise lines, but my daughter and son in law prefer to take their cruises on Disney.

Now that sounds like a dream of a lifetime! 3 generations :) You make me verrrrry envious.

Going to get busy on this, and see what we can do. Thanks again.

Petoonya - I'd like to add to my previous post quoted above. The Disney Board on cruise critic is not very active, but there is another website that has a very active Disney Cruise Line forum.

Petoonya - I'd like to add to my previous post quoted above. The Disney Board on cruise critic is not very active, but there is another website that has a very active Disney Cruise Line forum.

Gotcha. Thanks once again. :)

I've sailed on 15 Crystal cruises, 2 Regent, 2 Oceania, 1 Silversea, 1 NCL, 1 RC and a bunch of Priness. This will be my 1st time on Celebrity and my 39th cruise. Every ship has its pros and cons and tradeoffs between room, food, service, and entertainment. My husband and I are in our mid-fifties, newly married, and very much looking forward to Celebrity.

If Celebrity is your favorite cruise line, what other cruise lines have you sailed recently?

We recently, March 2012, sailed Norwegian Dawn, in the Caribbean, and really enjoyed it. It was an 11-night cruise, and from day 1 to day 11 it was the best entertainment we've enjoyed on all of our cruises, and it wasn't even close. The only entertainment that Celebrity has ever had that was better, was Hyperion Knight, who is excellent.

We recently, March 2012, sailed Norwegian Dawn, in the Caribbean, and really enjoyed it. It was an 11-night cruise, and from day 1 to day 11 it was the best entertainment we've enjoyed on all of our cruises, and it wasn't even close. The only entertainment that Celebrity has ever had that was better, was Hyperion Knight, who is excellent.

Hi Bob, Glad to see you over here on the Celebrity board again. I have to agree Hyperion Knight is excellent. Rod and I were fortunate enough to be traveling with a good friend of his and he ate dinner with us one night and also gave a private show for our group in Michaels Club. He is a real nice guy also.

Pat

:)1) Got a deal from Princess that I couldn't resist -- don't like their

premise (mass market but we'll give you options to upgrade your

experience if you are willing to invest a little time and money) but they

executed FLAWLESSLY. Not Celebrity but a lot closer than I was expecting.

2)RCI -- HORRIBLE!!! Nover again (I know your fare goes in the same

pockets but that's true of VW and Bentley, too). They FLAUNT the lack of

personal attention in your face at every opportunity. UGH!

3)Oceania -- smaller ships great fun, less consistent but would happily sail

with them again (would love to try the new ships)

4)Crystal -- lavish but no quality control. Frustrating. For the price

consistency should not be an optional extra

4)HAL-- only sailed on old Noordam (rattiest, most downmarket ship) and

Prinsendam (most upmarket ship) so I don't have the familiarity I have

with X, but I came away much impressed. Pdam is the best individual ship

I've sailed on recently

As you can tell from my screen name, I have fond memories of the

Leonardo da Vinci (Stefan Batory, too!)

Hi Bob, Glad to see you over here on the Celebrity board again. I have to agree Hyperion Knight is excellent. Rod and I were fortunate enough to be traveling with a good friend of his and he ate dinner with us one night and also gave a private show for our group in Michaels Club. He is a real nice guy also.

Pat

Hi Pat: I just booked a cruise for the family, even though we won't be traveling with them. Mom, and seven others are sailing on Solstice, next August, to Alaska.

I prefer Celebrity, my husband prefers Royal Caribbean (he likes the Diamond lounges and benefits way more than I do)....so that's pretty much where you will find us! Next year we have the perfect combo cruise....Solstice from Honolulu to Sydney, overnight in Sydney then Radiance of the Seas from Sydney to Perth!! Both of us get to be on our favorites!

Archived