If Celebrity is your favorite cruise line...

Bridge Maven

Royal Carribbean,Princess,Holland America,Carnival,various small cruise lines. Elite on Celebrity and D+ on RCI but tired of the same dinner menues for the last 7 tears on RCI.The crew and no smoking policy make a huge difference for Celebrity.

Royal and NCL. Celebrity is my first choice. But we have a great time no matter the ship. I tend not to compare cruiselines. I pick the trip for what we want out of THAT cruise and don't constantly say " well on ----- they have better------".

Our most pampered trip was on NCL in a villa. BUT that in no way means I feel that Celebrity is lacking in that " special treatment" feeling.

Azamara is our favorite, but X is second. Amazingly enough, we recently went to Aus/NZ on the Radiance of the Seas and had a wonderful trip. Of course, we were extremely lucky not to have neighbors smoking on the balcony. It was the first time on RCI in many years, as we gave them up for better food, ambiance, service on X. But I have to say, this trip was fantastic, the food was great, the diamond lounge was beyond wonderful, as were the other perks at that level, the service was excellent, the ship visually stunning. Captain Sindre was the best we ever sailed with and all in all an amazing trip. Certainly much more than we expected. If only they would come into the 21st century and change the balcony smoking issue, we would sail on them again. We just booked Princess after a long absence, but now we are back (changed their smoking policy). Hope it is as good as we enjoyed before. Didn't mean to start the smoking stuff again, it's just that it is a big reason why we enjoy some lines more than others.

We've cruised, Princess and Holland America recently, but have also cruised Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. RCL and Norwegian were one and done. Princess was o.k. HAL was a cofavorite until the last couple of years, but because of cutbacks, it would have to be the right ports and price to do them again.

That means Celebrity is our favorite, by alot. We first cruised with them about nine years ago and not only have they not made any cutbacks that we can think of, the've gotten better. Being "Elite" helps also. We have two cruises booked with them in November and December, and can't wait!

Love every cruise line I've sailed ever on.

But favorite cruise line cruised in the past five years outside of Celebrity would be Oceania.

The OP didn't say if favorite cruise line was Celebrity, or what others sailed recently?

???

If Celebrity is your favorite cruise line, what other cruise lines have you sailed recently?

Royal and Princess are the lines since I last sailed Celebrity. I prefer Celebrity most because I like their drinks package and the next three cruises will be on Celebrity.

But I'll sail other lines, except probably Carnival and HAL. Carnival seems to be geared to a different segment of the market. A younger, louder, more partying crowd. HAL is a completely different situation. There are people who absolutely LOVE HAL and won't sail any other line. But the two times I have sailed on Holland America, each time we've had problems with their service. Service Problems on HAL??? Yeah, go figure. But each time we finished the cruise, we left saying that it would take an awfully great deal to get us to sail that line again.

But favorite cruise line cruised in the past five years outside of Celebrity would be Oceania.

The OP didn't say if favorite cruise line was Celebrity, or what others sailed recently?

???

Hi Petoonya:)...in my opinion, the original question is worded

strangely...or maybe my elevator doesn't go all the way to the top,

my deck only has 51 cards in it.....you get my point. Maybe I am

just missing something:eek:

I can't name others I have sailed recently because I have only

sailed Celebrity recently.

???

Protoonya - I meant if someone's favorite cruise line is Celebrity, what other cruise lines have they sailed recently that they don't like as much as Celebrity. The question is not addressed to people who sail Celebrity exclusively because they have no basis of comparison.

I am also interested to hear what cruise lines people like the same as Celebrity, as well as those they like more than Celebrity.

Hi Petoonya:)...in my opinion, the original question is worded

strangely...or maybe my elevator doesn't go all the way to the top,

my deck only has 51 cards in it.....you get my point. Maybe I am

just missing something:eek:

I can't name others I have sailed recently because I have only

sailed Celebrity recently.

I had trouble with the question too Lois!! ;)

I guess it depends on your definition of 'recent'. :)

I've been on Princess, Disney, RC and Celebrity. Celebrity is our favorite but RC is a good option if we're traveling with family (especially with younger people). I would not be opposed to trying NCL at some time. And I'd definitely like to try Azamara and Oceania. Oceania will be a special occasion type of trip though as they are a good bit more expensive than X. (Petoonya funny you had mentioned Oceania yesterday and today as I keep looking at an Amex travel brochure for them they sound amazing!)

Iam not sure i like Celebrity best, because they don,t offer duplicate bridge games. They do offer incredible deals and the solstice class ships are gorgeous, so I sail them often. I have been on RCI (hated) Carnival, HAL and Crystal. I have also sailed on the disappeared Royal Viking, Royal and Renaissance ships

Protoonya - I meant if someone's favorite cruise line is Celebrity, what other cruise lines have they sailed recently that they don't like as much as Celebrity. The question is not addressed to people who sail Celebrity exclusively because they have no basis of comparison.

I am also interested to hear what cruise lines people like the same as Celebrity, as well as those they like more than Celebrity.

Misunderstood. Should have answered the question differently, sorry!

My favorites would be Celebrity, Oceania and Windstar, and I like them all for different

reasons. It's really hard to compare "like more" and "like less".

Not everyone, but some, usually answer the question they are posing.

So is your favorite cruise line Celebrity? And have you sailed other cruise line recently

that you prefer or find lacking?

Iam not sure i like Celebrity best, because they don,t offer duplicate bridge games. They do offer incredible deals and the solstice class ships are gorgeous, so I sail them often. I have been on RCI (hated) Carnival, HAL and Crystal. I have also sailed on the disappeared Royal Viking, Royal and Renaissance ships

Of the lines you have travelled, which still offer duplicate bridge? Thanks.

Celebrity is my line of choice right now. I have sailed Norwegian, Canival, Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Cunard, and Celebrity. I enjoyed all of the cruises, but having tried these lines, I don't necessarily recommed Celebrity to all friends because it depends on their tastes. For example, if they enjoy ballroom dancing, you just can't beat the ballrooms on the Cunard ships. I always say that if i could convince Cunard to sell their ships to Celebrity I would have the best of both worlds. Younger friends I steer toward Norwegian and Carnival because of the laid-back party atmosphere. We are in our 60's so that doesn't appeal to us so much.

Hope this helps. Jerry

Archived