Car Services New York

Solara

Can anyone confirm if there are tolls between LGA and the Brooklyn pier? Also does the car service add the tips as mandatory or do we just pay. We will tip but do not want to over tip if it is part of the pricing.

There are no tolls for the trip between LGA and the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Car service quoted fares normally do not include tips. In NY City it's customary to tip between 15-20%.

Just so our readers aren't misled, while the fare on Amtrak to, for example, Washington, DC may be the identical from NY Penn Station and Newark Penn Station, NJ Transit fares are not identical from these stations. Fares to or from NY Penn will always be higher than fares from Newark Penn. (I bring this up because we frequently recommend the use of NJ Transit for more local travel.)

Also, if you're coming from Cape Liberty, NY Penn Station is further away than Newark Penn Station, and the car service fare should be higher to NY Penn. (Even if the car service fares were the same, you'll pay much more in tolls to get into NY).

We have taken a car service from the Newark Penn Hilton to Cape Liberty and we have taken a car service from Cape Liberty to Manhattan. The cost was within $5 of each other. Using Dial 7, the tolls, as another poster said, are included in the fare. And yes, I was referring to Amtrak since we are going between DC and NJ. I never said a word about NJ transit.

We have taken a car service from the Newark Penn Hilton to Cape Liberty and we have taken a car service from Cape Liberty to Manhattan. The cost was within $5 of each other. Using Dial 7, the tolls, as another poster said, are included in the fare. And yes, I was referring to Amtrak since we are going between DC and NJ. I never said a word about NJ transit.

You also never said "Amtrak". You said "easier to get seats on the train at the same cost", and someone unfamiliar with those railroads might think that also applied to NJ Transit, which it does not.

I would suggest you go to Dial 7's web site and check to see if the fares they quote include tolls. You'll find they do not. If you call and specifically ask them, they will tell you what the tolls are, but their quoted fares do not include tolls.

http://www.dial7.com/faq#payment

2. Who is responsible for any toll charges incurred during my trip?

Passengers are responsible for any toll charges incurred throughout the trip. Upon arrival at your destination, your driver will inform you of the additional toll charge.

The fare quoted by a reservationist or on our website does not include the toll amount.

I can recommend Dial 7. We just used them for our July 22 cruise. The service was fantastic! We originally were supposed to fly into LGA and then had to change to Newark. I called and the driver was there in 10 minutes. He took us right to our hotel in Manhatten. Very nice and gave us some good advice. Again, we booked them to take us from the ship to LGA. The driver was waiting for us when we got off the ship.

We are thinking about using Dial 7 from the port to LGA for our cruise that arrives in NYC on September 14th this year. What time did you give them during booking to pick you up? Not sure how long I should allow for us to disembark. Don't want to make it too early or too late. If we're scheduled for 8am arrival, would 10am be a good time to schedule pickup?

Thanks for any help,

Penny

We are thinking about using Dial 7 from the port to LGA for our cruise that arrives in NYC on September 14th this year. What time did you give them during booking to pick you up? Not sure how long I should allow for us to disembark. Don't want to make it too early or too late. If we're scheduled for 8am arrival, would 10am be a good time to schedule pickup?

Thanks for any help,

Penny

10am should work.

Archived