Dress code for Afternoon tea?

braz88

Guest LoveMyBoxer
What is the dress code (if any) for Afternoon tea?

And.. have you seen children at tea?

There isn't any dress code. Have seen people with bathing suit cover-ups. Also, yes, I have seen children attend.

No dress code that I have ever heard of.. Its just held in a lounge (bar).

I dont remember children, so dont know. Most children seem to be on the pool deck or at camp on my cruises I guess ..

No dress code, Yes kids can come, and husbands, and I have only ever seen it in the MDR, usually upstairs in the back. I have never seen it in a lounge or bar.

No you don't have to have tea, they also have lemonaid, hot chocolate, coffee, water, no soda or drinks that I have ever seen, I have asked for soda and was told they don't have bar service during tea.

No dress code, Yes kids can come, and husbands, and I have only ever seen it in the MDR, usually upstairs in the back. I have never seen it in a lounge or bar.

No you don't have to have tea, they also have lemonaid, hot chocolate, coffee, water, no soda or drinks that I have ever seen, I have asked for soda and was told they don't have bar service during tea.

OK I only went once a long time ago .. years.. and it was not in the MDR then. I always have early dinner and it spoiled my dinner, so thats why I never went back.

go to TEA early. (3-ish)..everyone gets there..and seat can be limited depending the location. I've seen Red Hatters done up to the 9's..I wear my early day DOD. Kids enjoy it too..some hubbies do as well.

It used to be in a lounge on the Miracle. It got popular, and was transferred to the dining room.

I liked it better when it was in the lounge. There was nice music and a relaxing atmosphere.

In the MDR it just seems like "dessert time" yet again.

My husband has gone and there's no reason why children can't attend.

No dress code......

Tea time is usually at 3:00 PM on sea days. On Imagination, it was in the piano bar. It's probably the same on other Fantasy class ships. It was quite elegant, with white tablecloths, waiters in suits, and nice music. The dress code, however, wasn't really there; outfits ranged from swimsuit with a cover-up to cruise casual. Most people wore whatever they put on that morning, since it being Carnival, no one plans their day around the tea time. Didn't see any kids there, but my sailing didn't have many kids onboard to begin with.

On the Freedom last year, we had tea twice. On first sea day, it was in the rear MDR with soft live piano music. There were men and women; don't remember any children. The 2nd tea was last sea day and it was in the piano bar with Ronnie playing the piano. He's wonderful, the tea was good, and the desserts were fabulous!

Go to tea! You will enjoy it. :)

Tea time is usually at 3:00 PM on sea days. On Imagination, it was in the piano bar. It's probably the same on other Fantasy class ships. It was quite elegant, with white tablecloths, waiters in suits, and nice music. The dress code, however, wasn't really there; outfits ranged from swimsuit with a cover-up to cruise casual. Most people wore whatever they put on that morning, since it being Carnival, no one plans their day around the tea time. Didn't see any kids there, but my sailing didn't have many kids onboard to begin with.

Thanks!

On the 8 day Freedom we had tea time 3 times. It was at the Posh restaurant AFT, and someone was playing the piano. It was very casual and I dragged my 14 year son with me......the time was about 3 pm. The dessert selection is wonderful. I enjoyed the small bites of lox on a baguet. On the 2nd time it was offered I skipped lunch because I was looking forward to the small lox appetizers....so yummy !!!

What is the dress code (if any) for Afternoon tea?

And.. have you seen children at tea?

On the Legend it was in the MDR- upper level. Yes kids & men are welcome. I just wore a nice pair of capris w/ a nice shirt. But there is no dress code. I looked it up in the funtimes for the Dream, it is in the Crimson dining room there. Go, enjoy. They have more than just sweets. I had some type of chicken salad sandwich- delicious.

My next cruise is a five day. Do they have teas on them? I hope so! Did it once on the Spirit and really enjoyed it. Quite a few people attended, it was in a bar/lounge area, 3-piece combo playing some soft music. My husband didn't want to go so I went by myself.

On Inspiration it was in a small bar. I never could get the attention of a server. They always ran out of tea or pastries just when they got to me. I thought I was Alice and fell down the hole!

On Legend it was in the piano bar, not well attended (Oops, it might get nixed!) and really yummy pastries.

I never saw kids but not b/c they weren't welcome.

On the Miracle a few years back we had afternoon tea in the piano bar and it was quite crowded. I just got off the Destiny where we had it at the back of the restaurant and it was beautifully done. We had music, yummy pastries, delicious tea and children were there and welcome. It was a great way to get out of the sun for a while and away from the loudness of the lido deck!

:)

On the Triumph it was in a lounge. I just got off the Pride and it was in the MDR on the upstairs level. There is no special dress code. It is not stuffy or formal. I must say I loved, loved, loved, the desserts they served. The DH and SIL loved the salmon sandwiches and the cucumber sandwiches. They offered a variety of teas. I don't drink tea but I sure ate my share of the desserts!:D The fresh strawberries and the whipped cream they served with them were to die for! Yummy Yum Yum!:D There were people of all ages enjoying tea time which on the Pride was from 3:30p to 4:30p just about everyday, if I remember correctly.If you like dessert...don't miss tea time!:D

Archived