Just off Allure - a few comments and photos

CCJack

We just got off the July 29th Western Allure... It was a great trip - I got a lot of tips off of these boards to make our trip great. I wanted to thank all who post their tips.

I will not repeat what has been said before but just a few comments.

We have been on about 10 cruises (1- Costa, 1- Disney, 1- Celebrity, the rest RCCL) but this is the first on Oasis class.

First off, the ship did NOT seem more crowded than other ships, and usually less crowded and more organized - in terms of show times, etc. Do not let the large size keep you away. Attached photo is Boardwalk about 1 pm on a sea day. Pools were of course crowded, but there was always lounge chairs open, some sections such as 2nd floor solarium, full of unused chairs even on sea days.

7735858150_cf78162931_z.jpg

IMG_2426 by jackfotos, on Flickr

The ship is beautiful, entertainment was great. Favorite shows in rank order: 1) Chicago, 2) Ocean Air, 3) Blue Planet, 4) Comedy, 5) Headliner

I was quite impressed with the aqua theater, the sound system was great, lighting great, and big video screens. Higher quality than what I was expecting.

7735842046_5f64b68ac1_z.jpg

IMG_2717 by jackfotos, on Flickr

We had a ocean balcony (deck 10) and also central park Balcony across the hall. Great rooms and locations. We were on Starboard side, and for our cruise at least this was better than port. We faced the land at every port, including Fort Lauderdale.

Central Park was our favorite part of the ship.

7735849772_c9e9ccf368_z.jpg

IMG_2522 by jackfotos, on Flickr

Would be happy to answer questions.....

Love your pics! I was on the cruise before you and I too felt the ship handles the crowds well especially once she in underway. The only issue as you stated was the pools. By 2pm it looked as if there was standing room only! Then again what large cruise pool doesn't get crowded on a Caribbean cruise!

Looks like you had a great time :)

GREAT photos.

re: your comments (and photo) about The Boardwalk being uncrowded, same for us on Oasis last year. Only time we saw any sort of traffic was when the Aqua Theater shows were starting / ending. Kind of disappointing. I thought there would have been more "action" there.

I was quite impressed with the aqua theater, the sound system was great, lighting great, and big video screens. Higher quality than what I was expecting.

Just curious...why is there an artificial goose next to the video screen in the Aqua Theater? Is it part of one of the shows? :D:):D

Yes, departure time was rising tide bar.... we never had a chance to take a ride on the rising tide, just too many things to do on that ship... We also never got a chance to do the flowriders.

By the way, we took the landscape tour by the head landscaper and it was very interesting. He told us the original design of the ship (plan a) was boardwalk and central park was to be one big open neighborhood on the same level. However there was concern about difficulty in crossing from port to starboard for passengers, they would have to walk way up front to cross. So plan B was to separate them and have the central section (now central park) to be a rolling hill with grass. People would be allowed to picnic on the grass, etc. That was scrapped and they settled on the central park idea. I had never heard these ideas before. I am glad they settled on Central Park - much better than those other two ideas.

Here is one more shot of the unfinished horses on boardwalk.

7735844826_3cb1d39bc7_z.jpg

IMG_2604 by jackfotos, on Flickr

A couple other things about our cruise I forgot to mention.

We had a couple make a wish kids on board, and another unrelated family made a $1200 donation to make a wish on their behalf while on board. I thought that was a very nice thing to do. The cruise director mentioned the contribution during his morning TV update.

Also, I don't think this has been mentioned but the table tennis area on Allure is very nice. 6 tables - and all protected form the wind very well. Most other ships I have been on the table tennis is a bit of a disaster, 1 or 2 tables with wind blowing the balls every which way.

Wow, beautiful photos! We will be on the Allure in 2 weeks, Western like you, we are SO excited!! One question, I heard that breakfast and lunch (light/healthy fare) at the Vitality Spa was free, but on a Cruise Compass someone posted it shows Vitality with ($) next to it. That means it has a fee, do you know if that just means the smoothies and other drinks have a cost, was the food free? Thanks and glad you had a great cruise :D

We just got off the July 29th Western Allure... It was a great trip - I got a lot of tips off of these boards to make our trip great. I wanted to thank all who post their tips.

I will not repeat what has been said before but just a few comments.

We have been on about 10 cruises (1- Costa, 1- Disney, 1- Celebrity, the rest RCCL) but this is the first on Oasis class.

First off, the ship did NOT seem more crowded than other ships, and usually less crowded and more organized - in terms of show times, etc. Do not let the large size keep you away. Attached photo is Boardwalk about 1 pm on a sea day. Pools were of course crowded, but there was always lounge chairs open, some sections such as 2nd floor solarium, full of unused chairs even on sea days.

7735858150_cf78162931_z.jpg

IMG_2426 by jackfotos, on Flickr

The ship is beautiful, entertainment was great. Favorite shows in rank order: 1) Chicago, 2) Ocean Air, 3) Blue Planet, 4) Comedy, 5) Headliner

We had a ocean balcony (deck 10) and also central park Balcony across the hall. Great rooms and locations. We were on Starboard side, and for our cruise at least this was better than port. We faced the land at every port, including Fort Lauderdale.

Central Park was our favorite part of the ship.

7735849772_c9e9ccf368_z.jpg

IMG_2522 by jackfotos, on Flickr

Would be happy to answer questions.....

Is there an extra charge to see the production of Chicago, or is it included in the cruise fare?

Archived