help help- best hotel to book before dream cruise

sgatling7

need help in finding a good hotel in cocoa beach or orlando arriving a day ahead with group. i read reviews but they seem to be old, anybody stayd in recent hotels and like them .....thanks:confused:

Trip Advisor is the BEST place for hotel reviews..:)

Trip Advisor is the BEST place for hotel reviews..:)

Agree with above...Trip Advisor..and Bed Bug Registry...cruising the Dream in November and leaning toward Residence Inn...a Marriott property.

Sadly our fave place the Radisson seems to have gone down hill...friends stayed there in January and place was not good:eek:

The LaQuinta Orlando Airport North is a great hotel that is right next to a park area and within walking distance of many, many restaurants and shops. They offer a free airport shuttle and free breakfast. The hotel is clean and the rates are very good. Just don't get this LaQuinta North mixed up with the other LaQuinta near the airport. Totally different experience. Here is the link to the LQ North http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ171&propId=171

TravelLynx shuttle service is very popular and has good reviews. The will pick you up at your hotel the morning of the cruise. They do round-trip for the ride back to the Orlando airport after the cruise as well.

http://www.travelynxusa.com/shuttle-service-orlando.php

Good luck.

Agree with above...Trip Advisor..and Bed Bug Registry...cruising the Dream in November and leaning toward Residence Inn...a Marriott property.

Sadly our fave place the Radisson seems to have gone down hill...friends stayed there in January and place was not good:eek:

And my husband thought I was the only person who checked the Bed Bug Registry! Sometimes it's best not to look! :eek:

We have always stayed at the Residence Inn at Port Canaveral. Great location, super clean and good breakfast. The Country Inn and Suites is right behind the Residence Inn. It's newer and looks nice, too. People here on CC seem to like it a lot as well.

You can book cocoabeachshuttle for around $20-$25 a person form airport to Cocoa Beach. DW and I always stay at Raddisson by the Port. They have free shuttle to port and pick-up. Very nice pool and outdoor area.

I thought I read here not long ago that the Radisson shuttle is no longer free?

The country inn and suites is right next to the pier. They shuttle you to and from the pier and give you free parking. The hotel is in great shape, and the breakfast is good. I went down with a group and the Raddisson was booked, so we stayed at Country Inn. They all complained and we had a perfect experience.

We've stayed at the Residence Inn, Radisson and Country Inn & Suites; however, none of these are in Orlando or Cocoa Beach. Melbourne beach is not at all close to the port either. It's almost as far as driving from Orlando.

OP, did you want to stay at Cocoa Beach so you could go to the beach or just that it's not that far from the port? I like the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach.

I would also recommend using Travelynx if you aren't driving to the port or not renting a car. We have used them many times and they are very reliable. We have used them from our house, which is near Orlando to the port and back and have had others in our family that were dropped off at the airport on the way back. They are competitively priced.

Archived