CCL advance tipping policy is hogwash

tommycanuck

I dont understand what your asking

Are you saying people have to claim 15% of what they actually make ?

been bartending for 20 years and most tips are cash and those on a credit card need to be reported by me.I was audited once and they owed me money :)

I was saying that IRS expects you to claim the 15% tip

When I worked 30 years ago we were paid min wage and we didnt have to claim any tips on our taxes. It wasnt considered an income back than like it is now.

Waiters have to work for less than min now and have to claim their tips... Im guessing you guys do too?

Now the city of SF is completly different. The waiters are paid 10.24 an hour and tips are not considered wages

I was saying that IRS expects you to claim the 15% tip

When I worked 30 years ago we were paid min wage and we didnt have to claim any tips on our taxes. It wasnt considered an income back than like it is now.

Waiters have to work for less than min now and have to claim their tips... Im guessing you guys do too?

Now the city of SF is completly different. The waiters are paid 10.24 an hour and tips are not considered wages

I am union and make almost $16 per hour so im alittle different than the bartenders that make minimum wage.Back maybe 10 years ago we were expected to claim tips on sales.For instance I rang $1000 I would claim 10% / $100.Times have changed and the IRS has an agreement that if we claim so much per hour they leave us alone

I am union and make almost $16 per hour so im alittle different than the bartenders that make minimum wage.Back maybe 10 years ago we were expected to claim tips on sales.For instance I rang $1000 I would claim 10% / $100.Times have changed and the IRS has an agreement that if we claim so much per hour they leave us alone

I was local 340 30+ years ago so things have defiantly changed but I learned something on CC today

BTW Can I get a double jack and coke zero:D

I was local 340 30+ years ago so things have defiantly changed but I learned something on CC today

BTW Can I get a double jack and coke zero:D

Yes, things have definitely defiantly changed!

Especially on THIS board...

You should read all of my posts before commenting. If you did, you will note my initial comment was retracted after reflecting and considering some of the comments here. I think CCL does remit the gratuities as advertised but still think it's wrong to force people to pay gratuities up front then have to go to the cruise desk to have them removed. JMHO.

The reason most cruise lines have auto tips now is because a certain group of passengers were cheap and either refused to tip, or tried to make copper wire by fighting over a penny. Ask any tipped service person in the U.S. which countries these cheap tippers come from.

Archived