CCL advance tipping policy is hogwash

tommycanuck

entertaining posts pay twice the normal rate.

who said they don't pay the $56? i plan on redirecting it to the guys assigned to me. maybe a 50/50 split. maybe proportionately. but it will certainly be to the people i want it to go to.

and come to the hamptons on the weekends. the bars are lined up just like the lido bars in the afternoon.

And for the third time this thread please show me your formula for bartenders making $60 per hour on a cruise ship not NY.We both know NY and a cruise ship are two different things even with the auto 15% added on

All I know is that these folks do know when someone takes off their tips....

and they are going to assume the worst....that they are being stiffed...

and I just have no desire to make someone mad that is handling my food !!!

;)

All I know is that these folks do know when someone takes off their tips....

and they are going to assume the worst....that they are being stiffed...

and I just have no desire to make someone mad that is handling my food !!!

;)

The sad thing is that the people that remove tips dont really care.They are proud that they saved money at the expense of people who worked hard all week

And for the third time this thread please show me your formula for bartenders making $60 per hour on a cruise ship not NY.We both know NY and a cruise ship are two different things even with the auto 15% added on

scroll back and have a go.

So I guess the bottom line here is no matter what the quality of service, tips should be left on.

Isn't that called salary?

so your telling me you have bad service? In 9 cruises we have always had great service.

Hopefully they will raise fare $300 pp per week and give these hard workers a regular salary

i take it you never worked with figures or statistics.

here's an exercise for you. figure out how many drinks can be served in a minute. add some beers to that mix.

multiply by 60.

attach an average retail to that amount and multply.

take that figure and multiply by 15%.

enter answer on line 1.

Please tell me this is not your per hour "theory"

Perhaps you may add time to ring drinks in,print checks for customers to sign ,actually speaking to your guests,answering guests questions i can go on and on.H8 I thought you at least had a good argument on this.Im disappointed in you :)

Hopefully they will raise fare $300 pp per week and give these hard workers a regular salary

That would raise the price point than might as well cruise on Princess or Celebrity

I still dont feel sorry for the workers at what they are paid it is more than I made working on a ship:rolleyes:

Please tell me this is not your per hour "theory"

Perhaps you may add time to ring drinks in,print checks for customers to sign ,actually speaking to your guests,answering guests questions i can go on and on.H8 I thought you at least had a good argument on this.Im disappointed in you :)

have a go, and i will enter on the rosetta stone.

and if someone wishes to stop serving, which stops income, that's their choice. talking, however, shouldn't affect their ability to keep working.

except issac, but he seemed to man every bar on the ship.

so your telling me you have bad service? In 9 cruises we have always had great service.

In more than 30 I've had the variety. Should ALL receive the same gratuity? Wouldn't this "water down" the reason for them?

I pay for their service with passage do I not? Agreed they earn little but if the reason for my gratuities is to supplement their meager income, isn't that called "salary"? Why doesn't Carnival just call it what it is?

****Hopefully they will raise fare $300 pp per week and give these hard workers a regular salary****

I've maintained this for years. It also has other advantages.

That would raise the price point than might as well cruise on Princess or Celebrity

I still dont feel sorry for the workers at what they are paid it is more than I made working on a ship:rolleyes:

Princess' tipping policies are the same as Carnival's.

Wow... you must work under a very busy bridge.

I'm just happy you finally got out of your mom's basement? Good for you!

Hhhmmmm bridge comment makes me think of 2 things...a troll and......yeah.....

H8 if you don't cruise Carnival why are you here do much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

21 carnival cruises. where should i post?

"CC" does NOT stand for "Carnival Cheerleader".

THAT's why he's here do much.

"CC" does NOT stand for "Carnival Cheerleader".

THAT's why he's here do much.

I think he is bored. Never said anything about cheerleaders.

I just think its weird he is here so much when he has nothing to offer but rudeness.

I just think its weird he is here so much when he has nothing to offer but rudeness.

if you're reading what i'm writing......... :rolleyes:

The ignore feature on here works really great....Dennis

if you're reading what i'm writing......... :rolleyes:

I do and most of the time you have nothing of value to add. You are rude most of the time as well. You think if you keep saying the same thing with no facts that you are right. Your word means nothing even if you think your opinion is fact.

So, according to the Carnival breakdown on automatic tips Room Steart and Asst. would get $7.40 per day for 2 people in cabin. I would think this is added on to their salary and taxes are withheld. If I removed this amount from my bill and handed it to them directly, I would think it woud be more appreciated.

So, according to the Carnival breakdown on automatic tips Room Steart and Asst. would get $7.40 per day for 2 people in cabin. I would think this is added on to their salary and taxes are withheld. If I removed this amount from my bill and handed it to them directly, I would think it woud be more appreciated.

I believe their salary is quite a bit less than $1 an hour. The jobs are so attractive to people from third world salaries because I'm pretty sure they are not taxed. When did you see an American, Canadian or anyone from a first world nation working as a waiter, steward etc on a cruise ship?

My comments were do to raising cruise fares $300pp not tipping policies(ive cruised Princess as well)

Princess' tipping policies are the same as Carnival's.

Archived