Taxi fare from airport to/from airport in Copenhagen

gingin410

Airfare was made on our own so need an idea of approximate cost of taxi to/from airport and pier.

Also, I think I saw where taxis except credit cards?

We booked our own air and used the ship transfer to the airport at the end of the cruise. We were staying at the Hilton at Copenhagen airport. The cost of the cost of the transfer booked ahead was very reasonable and very efficient.

Airfare was made on our own so need an idea of approximate cost of taxi to/from airport and pier.

Also, I think I saw where taxis except credit cards?

We stayed at a hotel for a couple of days post-cruise & used taxis to the hotel and airport. They accepted credit cards but our taxis had problems & we used their currency instead. This was over 2 years ago so not sure if it's changed.

Princess cautioned those onboard many times about taxis being very limited at disembarkation & to take their bus. We weren't in a hurry & got off the ship around 9:00 & taxis were plentiful which others told me was the same thing earlier. Sometimes in the download section of the Cruise Personalizer there is a PDF file with port info including taxi costs but not sure if there's one for Copenhagen.

It cost us $50 approx one way last year for a taxi, although its not very far from the airport to the cruise terminal, just a few kilometers.

That was a Sunday, I do not know if that made a difference.

The next time we took the train and it was way cheaper but somewhat confusing even though we had instructions, and the bus from the train station to the cruise terminal was not running - Sunday again - so it was a fair walk with the suitcases from the train.

Its one of those rather frustrating places where you can see the ship, it looks close, but its a long way round to get to it.

Saw quite a few people lugging suitcases to the train. It wasn't a short walk, either.

We took a taxi from our hotel near the airport (Crowne Plaza) and it was about $50 equivalent in Krones. But I'm pretty sure our driver took us on an unscheduled tour of the downtown. :mad: But $50 from the airport sounds about right.

Remember if you charge the taxi ride, it may cost you more because your bank might charge conversion fees, etc.

Archived