Bermuda Nightlife/Restaurants

ABCLCruz

I will be travelling to Bermuda in October with my husband. I have been there before but not for this length of time. Will be docked there for three days/two nights. One night I had planned on going to the Harbour Night festival, but have been told it ends in September. Another night we were thinking of a nice dinner. Any suggestions on what to do at night while there and restaurants for dinner? Do I need reservations ahead of time?

For a nice dinner overlooking the beach or on the beach look at Coconuts at The Reef Resort on the south shore. We dined on their deck overlooking their beach for our 30th anniversary and it was spectacular.

Alternates include Mickey's on the beach at the Elbow Beach Resort (or their upstairs Lido), and on the beach dining at the Fairmont Southampton.

For the ultimate private dining Cambridge Beaches Resort in Mangrove Bay ofers on the beach dining in privacy with your own server, a 4-course dinner, and a glass of bubbly. The price is ~$550 with tip.

For more elegant, restaurant dining look at the reviews on tripadvisor for Tom Moore's and Waterlot.

For a great evening of entertainment look to see if Randy and the band Tempo are playing, what an amazing performer and musician. We saw them at the Reef and they also play Henry VIII. The last bus runs by there after 11:30PM, after midnight taxis charge 25% more I believe for fares so just be aware of the time. Henry VIII is a popular evening spot. We also like the Frog & Onion in the Dockyard, great beer, pub food, and musicians there.

We are young mid-fifties couple. My husband would probably just prefer the pub! However, I would like to go out to a semi-nice restaurant for dinner and then maybe somewhere with music/atmosphere after. Not quite sure actually. Have not been in port overnight on past cruises. Wasn't sure what most people would do since we are docked in Bermuda for two nights. Really bummed that the Harbour Nights ends before we get there. Thought that sounded like fun.

Thanks for the tips! At least it is somewhere to start. Not quite sure what we want to do. We celebrated our 25th Anniversary last year on Oasis of the Seas. What type of music does Randy play?

Everything and anything -the best island musician we've had the pleasure to hear and see. Harry Belefonte calypso to anything you request.

We are young mid-fifties couple. My husband would probably just prefer the pub! However, I would like to go out to a semi-nice restaurant for dinner and then maybe somewhere with music/atmosphere after. Not quite sure actually. Have not been in port overnight on past cruises. Wasn't sure what most people would do since we are docked in Bermuda for two nights. Really bummed that the Harbour Nights ends before we get there. Thought that sounded like fun.

Look up :rolleyes:

According to the 2012 Harbour Night Festival website, this year's dates run from

4/25/2012 to 9/5/2012. I also seem to recall seeing a post on some other thread which indicated it may run to the end of September.

Harbour Nights Overview:

http://www.bermudacommerce.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?EventID=96

Another poster recently checked with the Chamber of Commerce and was advised that Harbour Nights was ending a week earlier than originally scheduled. The last festival will be August 29.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34857597&postcount=22

That would make sense given that the last HAL Veendam trip docking in Hamilton starts Sun. Aug. 26. After that, all ships will be at the dockyards.

Another poster recently checked with the Chamber of Commerce and was advised that Harbour Nights was ending a week earlier than originally scheduled. The last festival will be August 29.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34857597&postcount=22

Archived