A Few Last Minute Questions

Hi

We are leaving on Saturday (yippee). Cape Liberty 5 night to Bermuda (Explorer)

This is our 1st Royal cruise and we have been on Carnival, Disney and NCL 2x. I am excited to try Royal and excited to see the Explorer!

* can hubby pull right up to terminal to drop off me and our daughters (girls only cruise)

*is there somewhere for him to wait around until I text him we are all checked in and good to go

*says 8am when we get back. Does anyone know about when they got off the ship?

*where does he go and wait for us when we get back

*can we do self walk off with our luggage

*do they have the picture people each night somewhere to get pictures taken

*do they come around to the dinner tables to take pictures

*is there a door hangy to put out at night to get a carafe of coffee 1st thing in the morning

*what time do you usually get to the NJ port- in NYC we get there around 9:45

*have MTD and pre-paid tips. That includes the stweard correct?

*can you have breakfast in the dining room?

Thanks in advance everyone!!

Hi

This is our 1st Royal cruise and we have been on Carnival, Disney and NCL 2x. I am excited to try Royal and excited to see the Explorer!

* can hubby pull right up to terminal to drop off me and our daughters (girls only cruise) Yes

*is there somewhere for him to wait around until I text him we are all checked in and good to go The port is quite congested at this time, there is a strip mall very close where he could park and wait for your test

*says 8am when we get back. Does anyone know about when they got off the ship? For us, walk off was 8.45

*where does he go and wait for us when we get back He can either wait at the strip mall outside the port, or keep circleing round, when you collect your luggage and come out of the "tent" there is a number above the "door" you come out of, call you husband with this number, it will make it easier for him to find you

*can we do self walk off with our luggage Yes

*do they have the picture people each night somewhere to get pictures taken Def on Formal nights cannot remember about the other nights

*do they come around to the dinner tables to take pictures yes

*is there a door hangy to put out at night to get a carafe of coffee 1st thing in the morning Yes for coffee and breakfast, they will normally call the room about 5 mins before they arrive, a nice wake up call

*what time do you usually get to the NJ port- in NYC we get there around 9:45 We got there at around 10.30 and boarded straight away

*have MTD and pre-paid tips. That includes the stweard correct? Yes

*can you have breakfast in the dining room? Yes, not on the last morning though

Thanks in advance everyone!! You're Welcome

Enjoy your cruise:D

* can hubby pull right up to terminal to drop off me and our daughters (girls only cruise)

YES - have your setsail and passports available to show the security gate at the pier.

*is there somewhere for him to wait around until I text him we are all checked in and good to go

He can probably wait right there around the pier; just pull up out of the way of traffic.

*says 8am when we get back. Does anyone know about when they got off the ship?

They color-code the luggage tags - depending on what you get, it could be as early as 8:30 or as late as 10:00. You have to also add time to go through customs -- maybe another half-hour.

*where does he go and wait for us when we get back

Same area where he let you off - important that he wait somewhere away from all the traffic though.

*can we do self walk off with our luggage

You can do this if you really want to, but I advise against it. You still have to go through customs and all that mess.

*do they have the picture people each night somewhere to get pictures taken

They have these on some of the nights, but probably not all of them.

*do they come around to the dinner tables to take pictures

Most nights they are in the dining room taking pictures.

*is there a door hangy to put out at night to get a carafe of coffee 1st thing in the morning

YES - there is an entire "Breakfast Menu Card" that you can fill out the night before and put the time you want it delivered.

*have MTD and pre-paid tips. That includes the stweard correct?

YES - it will cover ALL tips - you may, of course, add to that if desired.

Thanks in advance everyone!!

Have not been on the Explorer, but most ships offer breakfast (for a short time window) in the Dining Room every morning - check the Daily Compass.

Hope This Helps.

Explorer also has Cafe Promenade, deck 5, open most all of the time, with good Seattle's Best coffee (no charge unless you order a specialty coffee). Good Danish pastries for breakfast, and good pre-made sandwiches and pizza and desserts other times.

In the MDR, try the Eggs Benedict for breakfast. You can order other items too, like fruit, bacon, hash browns -- anything on the menu, no limit. Breakfast hours in the MDR is smaller than the buffet. And the buffet is pretty good, especially the made-to-order omelets. MDR is also open for lunch on sea days -- try the tutti salad bar.

Thanks for all of the replies!

I am so excited! I just took my Bonine :)

My Bonine lies over the ocean

My Bonine lies over the sea

My Bonine lies over the ocean

So don't take my Bonine from me

Sorry...Sometimes I just can't help myself. ;)

Archived