Why are you upset of the new f2f program?

vols_159

It is important to remember that Carnival started and pushes its Loyalty Program with its associated perks. We have cruised exclusively on Carnival for over 20 years expending well over $100,000 on their product in that time period. Yes, we are diamond platinum milestone cruisers and that along with 50 cents will get me a cup of coffee. So, ones point of view depends on what side of the street you are standing on. For me it does cheapen the idea of be loyal to me and we will be loyal to you. On the other hand, if I could get what most would consider the major perks offered by the “Loyalty Program” from day one and for only $50, I’m throwing down ASAP!

The real losers in this party will be the low level service staff that will be dealing with a bunch of . . . Well you fill in the blank.

Where can you get a cup of coffee for 50 cents? Thats better than a Carnival perk.

I just dont get it.. Alot of people take these policy announcements so seriously! You spend more money at your local walmart or grocery store ect.. Do you walk in to Kroger and demand to be the first in the express lane? Or get money back when you have to wait in line? I just dont understand the hate.. If you want the perk spend the 50 bucks if you dont..than dont hate on the people who do

And this NCL cruiser(never cruised Carnival) has posted this and not returned...I guess this troll could not find anything to post on the NCL boards and has NOT come back.....LMAO..... Dennis

I agree with those who have said Carnival isn't always the best at implementing things or following policies, but we will soon find out...

Here's an example of Carnival not implementing a program properly. The new loyalty program was announced on June 11, 2012. It took until July 21, 2012 was Carnival to call me and verify my address to send the Diamond member perks to me. I was told they would be shipped out early next week (week of July 22, 2012). When I didn't receive the package by August 6, 2012 I called the Diamond desk to see if or when they had been sent. I was told it needed to go through a supervisor and they they were at a meeting. The person took my information and was going to e-mail it to the supervisor. I was told that someone would call me back in a day or two to let me know what happened to the perks package. At the present time (August 10, 2012) I have not received a phone call back and the package has not been delivered.

Exactly the same thing happened to my wife.....Carnival customer service is the worst....Call Carnival 3 times--get 3 different people--get 3 different answers...Sometimes I wonder where they get these people and how much they train them....Dennis

And this NCL cruiser(never cruised Carnival) has posted this and not returned...I guess this troll could not find anything to post on the NCL boards and has NOT come back.....LMAO..... Dennis

ive been here the whole time.. im not a troll i post here daily.. also how do you know ive not cruised ccl.. just because its not in my signature doesnt mean anythinh.. i just think alot of people get there panties in a wad and act like school girls on here when carnival changes something.. i cruise to be away from work and see new places not perks.. heck all i want is a soft bed clean room and food! ive never been to the service desk to complain and i choose any time dinning. im yet to send landuary out or be the first one off the ship i wouldnt go to the past guest party or care if my luggage was in my room b4 everyone elses or board the ship and head straight for my room.. only perk i like is skipping the line at embarkation.. last cruise we probably passed 75 people waiting in line

You will pay for that in 3 weeks, Jon

Hey Den we still owe you one from the last time and Lisa says paybacks are a :eek:

BTW Since we will be celebrating your Bday are you able to get a senior citizen discount now?? Should I run to the store and get some extra attends for you:p:D

ive been here the whole time.. im not a troll i post here daily.. also how do you know ive not cruised ccl.. just because its not in my signature doesnt mean anythinh.. i just think alot of people get there panties in a wad and act like school girls on here when carnival changes something.. i cruise to be away from work and see new places not perks.. heck all i want is a soft bed clean room and food! ive never been to the service desk to complain and i choose any time dinning. im yet to send landuary out or be the first one off the ship i wouldnt go to the past guest party or care if my luggage was in my room b4 everyone elses or board the ship and head straight for my room.. only perk i like is skipping the line at embarkation.. last cruise we probably passed 75 people waiting in line

LMao...I went back and looked at your posts and none are about CCL cruises...Remember this post........".i do also but i end up booking ncl everytime.. i really wanted to try ccl for my next cruise but there price was a little bit higher and i have 2 ncl credit cards for points than my parents gave me a"........:) .Dennis

LMao...I went back and looked at your posts and none are about CCL cruises...Remember this post........".i do also but i end up booking ncl everytime.. i really wanted to try ccl for my next cruise but there price was a little bit higher and i have 2 ncl credit cards for points than my parents gave me a"........:) .Dennis

And the winds go out of the sails......

Hey Den we still owe you one from the last time and Lisa says paybacks are a :eek:

BTW Since we will be celebrating your Bday are you able to get a senior citizen discount now?? Should I run to the store and get some extra attends for you:p:D

I've got no problem with paybacks. But I don't recall bad mouthing the Giants. I just pushed the Phillies on you. And I'm not a senior yet but when I get there, the money I save on the senior citizen discount will be enough to buy any necessary items and a couple of DODs. See you on the 31st.

I've got no problem with paybacks. But I don't recall bad mouthing the Giants. I just pushed the Phillies on you. And I'm not a senior yet but when I get there, the money I save on the senior citizen discount will be enough to buy any necessary items and a couple of DODs. See you on the 31st.

OK Old man:p see you in a few weeks.....

Good catch Dennis....

glad I did not spend a lot of time explaining this to someone who does not even cruise Carnival....

trolls....geez

Realistically, even if all of the Diamond and probably Platinum cruisers left Carnival, it wouldn't make any difference since it seems they make a lot more money from the new cruisers than the long term ones.

I don't know why you think this. It costs a lot more to get a new customer than keep an exisiting one:

http://www.flowtown.com/blog/the-value-of-an-existing-customer

But cruising is still a high growth industry - just think of how many people you know who have NEVER taken a cruise - so Carnival also needs to constantly gain new customers to support their growth and maintain their market dominance.

To stay competitive, they also need to constantly offer new products and services... new ships, 2.0 upgrades, and yes programs like FTTF.

The bottom line is, yes, Carnival obviously wants new customers but they certainly do not want to get rid of their exisiting, loyal clients...well maybe a few of them ;)

Another good link that may help explain why they do what they do:

http://www.businessknowhow.com/marketing/new-customers.htm

I don't know why you think this. It costs a lot more to get a new customer than keep an exisiting one:

http://www.flowtown.com/blog/the-value-of-an-existing-customer

But cruising is still a high growth industry - just think of how many people you know who have NEVER taken a cruise - so Carnival also needs to constantly gain new customers to support their growth and maintain their market dominance.

To stay competitive, they also need to constantly offer new products and services... new ships, 2.0 upgrades, and yes programs like FTTF.

The bottom line is, yes, Carnival obviously wants new customers but they certainly do not want to get rid of their exisiting, loyal clients...well maybe a few of them ;)

Another good link that may help explain why they do what they do:

http://www.businessknowhow.com/marketing/new-customers.htm

Agreed.. I don't think they are trying "to get rid of us".. LOL

I just dont get it.. Alot of people take these policy announcements so seriously! You spend more money at your local walmart or grocery store ect.. Do you walk in to Kroger and demand to be the first in the express lane? Or get money back when you have to wait in line? I just dont understand the hate.. If you want the perk spend the 50 bucks if you dont..than dont hate on the people who do

Perhaps I'm totally wrong but it almost appears that most people aren't hating on the consumer . . . but on the vendor.

I don't consider myself "hating", but I certainly don't like the new program. We've definitely paid for the perks that we have. The lines just got longer AGAIN, right after they changed the loyalty program to shorten them.

I don't consider myself "hating", but I certainly don't like the new program. We've definitely paid for the perks that we have. The lines just got longer AGAIN, right after they changed the loyalty program to shorten them.

I don't hate Carnival either, Its just stupid to be doing what they are doing to the perks now that they have announced the "brilliant" new loyalty program...Dennis

I would love to have them determine VIP by the total amount spent.

We have found that they do and do a great job of it. If some of these mine mine whiners knew how they actually treat their truly high spenders they would surely beat the corporate doors down.

They argue about somebody getting in their vip guest services line when top cabin spenders get a card and phone number to call for any issues. Don't use the card or call the number because a line hurts no one but it is there to use if wanted.

Even if you told some of these folks what gets done they will then resort to the your lying posture because if they don't get it then by golly it does not exist.

Oh yes it most certainly does even on Carnival. It's just good and normal business.

I HATE it as we have paid ALOT of money for all these cruises to get to this status to get these benefits and now you can just pay 50.00 that is way i am upset.

Btw, you are wasting your time posting here....the person that asked this question is just trying to stir up trouble.

They do not care because they do not even cruise Carnival....

Still be a cruising newb I could be completly wrong in my assumption or was just really lucky on my last (first) cruise. When we boarded the Ecstasy last year we only had to wait in line maybe 15 minutes. The line went quick, people were very nice (no pushing, shoving, fighting to get to the front.) We carried our own luggage on (recieved the perfect luggage for christmas; perfect size to fit in scanners, has rollers, carry on bags attach to big luggage pieces, and top zips open to add more room to pack souveniers.) so it wasn't a hassle and we didn't have to wait for luggage to be sent to room. Our room was ready when we got on ship so we immediatly unpacked and went exploring. I never had to wait in any line on the ship (except for dinner and that was only about 5 minutes with ATD) even at the pursurs desk there were only 1-3 people in front of me (if any) at any given time I had to go there. We didn't have to tender to any port but getting off was very quick and easy. Again, we could have just lucked out on our cruise but if they are all like this (or close to it) I am not going to pay $50 for these "added perks". I'll earn them the hard way by being loyal. The only complaint I had was I won't be invited to the past guest party in a few weeks on my second cruise. I kept hearing good things about it and was looking forward to it; but I started thinking about how packed it must have been with all past guests and how it will be more personal when I reach gold in a couple of cruises. I'm still complaining to myself about the free drink coupon all past guests get at the comedy brunch. I'm not really a day time drinker and bloody marry's aren't my thing (I'm crossing my fingers they have a full bar at it.) I only wish it could be used anytime at any bar. But honestly i'm not that worried about it and won't let it ruin my cruise, i'll just shell out another $6 for a pina colada in the evening ;)

Archived