Why are you upset of the new f2f program?

vols_159

However, suddenly, Carnival takes some of the same perks I have been given and (rather cheaply) tells everyone else that they, too, can experience these perks. That doesn't bother me too much until I realize that I won't be the only one getting in the lines to get onboard early (=longer lines) and that I won't be the only ones in the VIP line at the purser's desk (=longer lines) and for priority tenders (=longer lines).

IF (and I realize this is a big "IF") Carnival does what they are claiming, then it won't really matter, as Platinum/Diamond will be at the front of the line, and F2TF cruisers *after*, then the common folks like me. So the lines may be "longer", but that shouldn't actually affect you.

I agree with those who have said Carnival isn't always the best at implementing things or following policies, but we will soon find out...

Idk why the people who are diamond and Platnium are mad because they are getting the new perks added to their status anyways. I think it's good that Carnival is giving people a chance who can't cruise several times a year.
Let me educate you as to why many Platinum and Diamond members are mad. The only new benefits that we are gaining are the opportunity to go the the cabin earlier and hopefully our luggage will arrive earlier as well. There are perks such as priority embarkation, priority debarkation, priority tendering, priority dinner reservations and VIP line at pursers desk that have now been totally compromised because blues, reds and golds can now buy into the club for 50 bucks per cabin. And of course with the added people in some of these lines, time is now taken away from Platinum and Diamond members who earned their status over the years because of the added time we'll be stuck waiting in line with those who purchased their fun pass.

I have taken 16 Carnival cruises over the past 26 years and it does not matter to Carnival one bit. All they care about is the BLUES, get as many new cruisers as possible, because that is where their bread is buttered. Charge them 50 bucks so they get a taste of the good life and you'll have a repeat customer.

That doesn't bother me too much until I realize that I won't be the only one getting in the lines to get onboard early (=longer lines) and that I won't be the only ones in the VIP line at the purser's desk (=longer lines) and for priority tenders (=longer lines).

Platinum/Diamond will be at the front of the line, and F2TF cruisers *after*, then the common folks like me. So the lines may be "longer", but that shouldn't actually affect you.

The lines will not affect Platinum and Diamond members at embarkation, because the VIP lounge is supposed to enter in front of the FTTF line. Where the lines WILL be longer is at the VIP line at the pursers desk and for priority tenders, thus Platinum and Diamond members lose time waiting in longer lines in these two areas, thus cheapening our status.

Because people think that the perks they get on the cruise make them better than the rest of the lowly common cruiser...so if someone can pay for the perks then they aren't "special" anymore...

I am not going to jump into the fray about the new program being good or bad, I have already stated my opinion elsewhere but I really don't understand how you came to this conclusion.

I read these boards and many other cruise forums daily and not once have I read a platinum's or diamond's posting that states that they feel that they are better than anyone else although I have read the sentiment you posted by a few who have not reached the loyalty level.

In my opinion your logic is flawed and coming from a thought process that truly is not logical or fact based.

Have a great day.

Because people think that the perks they get on the cruise make them better than the rest of the lowly common cruiser...so if someone can pay for the perks then they aren't "special" anymore...

Which poster said this, or person onboard said this.

Or is this simply how YOU feel they feel?

This is how I see it... I cruised 10 times with Carnival and they bestowed upon me a title of Platinum to reward me for cruising with them 10 times. When I got this title, I also gained access to several perks. Happy to have reached a level where Carnival showed me their appreciation, I gladly took advantage of said perks.

However, suddenly, Carnival takes some of the same perks I have been given and (rather cheaply) tells everyone else that they, too, can experience these perks. That doesn't bother me too much until I realize that I won't be the only one getting in the lines to get onboard early (=longer lines) and that I won't be the only ones in the VIP line at the purser's desk (=longer lines) and for priority tenders (=longer lines).

So I am left wondering how much they valued me in the first place and feel a little betrayed that they would choose to make extra money at the expense of current Platinum/Diamond cruisers. Should I suck it up? Probably. Change is inevitable? Sure. Money drives corporations? Absolutely. But, that doesn't mean I don't feel a little dejected because of this. Did I take my "title" a little too much to heart? Maybe. But, Carnival was the one who emphasized it and made it something to work towards and attain.

This! Actually, I'll be happy just to get my luggage before sail-away. For our last 4-5 cruises, our luggage has arrived after we have gone to dinner. (first seating) And we are always some of the first on the ship!:D

i like this program, and i do belive its where the industry is heading.. pay for perks and when one achieve a certain level those perk are free

I'm platnuim, and well i dont board early any longer, never used the laundry but i do like the idea of getting bags quicker !

I see nothing wrong with pay for services at all

I do know there is a cust set who belive they are royalty, which i think is hilarious but to ea thier own!

perhaps for those who need it they can arrange for a gift like a cheap royal cape and sceptre

This! Actually, I'll be happy just to get my luggage before sail-away. For our last 4-5 cruises, our luggage has arrived after we have gone to dinner. (first seating) And we are always some of the first on the ship!:D

Luckily, we've never experienced that, but we are early boarders.

i like this program, and i do belive its where the industry is heading.. pay for perks and when one achieve a certain level those perk are free

I'm platnuim, and well i dont board early any longer, never used the laundry but i do like the idea of getting bags quicker !

I see nothing wrong with pay for services at all

I do know there is a cust set who belive they are royalty, which i think is hilarious but to ea thier own!

perhaps for those who need it they can arrange for a gift like a cheap royal cape and sceptre[/QUOTe]

Yup. Heading for buy a better lounge chair, buy a better MDR table and chair, and buy a better show lounge seat.

No expense, and all free money to the line.

And as long as they are finding people to pay for something that costs them nothing, they will continue down that path.

Happy sailing!

Let me educate you as to why many Platinum and Diamond members are mad. The only new benefits that we are gaining are the opportunity to go the the cabin earlier and hopefully our luggage will arrive earlier as well. There are perks such as priority embarkation, priority debarkation, priority tendering, priority dinner reservations and VIP line at pursers desk that have now been totally compromised because blues, reds and golds can now buy into the club for 50 bucks per cabin. And of course with the added people in some of these lines, time is now taken away from Platinum and Diamond members who earned their status over the years because of the added time we'll be stuck waiting in line with those who purchased their fun pass.

I have taken 16 Carnival cruises over the past 26 years and it does not matter to Carnival one bit. All they care about is the BLUES, get as many new cruisers as possible, because that is where their bread is buttered. Charge them 50 bucks so they get a taste of the good life and you'll have a repeat customer.

I totally agree with you. I have taken 23 Carnival cruises since 1993, number 24 is in Sept., and number 25 is booked for Feb. (that one may change). I don't feel like I am better than others, like some of the people with less cruises keep saying, I think it is stupid for them to even say such a thing. I will never hit Diamond, since they decided that Milestone is not a tier, even though I was told differently.

I actually think that when all is said and done, the loyalty program will be discontinued, and all they will do is let you buy these perks. this is the test I am thinking they are trying. I am sure they are thinking whats the point in giving this to our loyal cruisers, when we could get people to pay for it.

And like another poster said, think of this like vacation time. I worked 32 years for a company and had 5 weeks paid vacation. I wouldn't have been mad, I would have been FURIOUS, if a new employee could buy the same thing for 50 bucks from day one.

I am not going to jump into the fray about the new program being good or bad, I have already stated my opinion elsewhere but I really don't understand how you came to this conclusion.

I read these boards and many other cruise forums daily and not once have I read a platinum's or diamond's posting that states that they feel that they are better than anyone else although I have read the sentiment you posted by a few who have not reached the loyalty level.

In my opinion your logic is flawed and coming from a thought process that truly is not logical or fact based.

Have a great day.

thank you Mr. Spock. :D Seriously, i totally agree with you, just the logical thing made me thing of Mr. Spock this morning... why... who knows??:D

It is important to remember that Carnival started and pushes its Loyalty Program with its associated perks. We have cruised exclusively on Carnival for over 20 years expending well over $100,000 on their product in that time period. Yes, we are diamond platinum milestone cruisers and that along with 50 cents will get me a cup of coffee. So, ones point of view depends on what side of the street you are standing on. For me it does cheapen the idea of be loyal to me and we will be loyal to you. On the other hand, if I could get what most would consider the major perks offered by the “Loyalty Program” from day one and for only $50, I’m throwing down ASAP!

The real losers in this party will be the low level service staff that will be dealing with a bunch of . . . Well you fill in the blank.

And you last sailed Carnival... when? When you reach Platinum or the highest tier on Norwegian, would you like them to sell your perks for as little as $50 per stateroom? Why bother with brand loyalty when the company doesn't value it?

Do you really sail one brand in order to get a few perks that the general public don't get? Wow! I sail whatever brand fits my purpose at the time of booking - I could give a rat's *** what they will give me if I sail 10 times with them (it sure wouldn't be of equal value as value pricing in the first place!!!)

I can understand why those that are Platinum or Diamond would be upset. But the thing you have to keep in mind is that Carnival is in the business to make money and they are going to do that any way they can. They are no different than any other company given the choice between customer loyalty or making a dollar I would be willing to bet they go for the dollar everytime.

I just dont get it.. Alot of people take these policy announcements so seriously! You spend more money at your local walmart or grocery store ect.. Do you walk in to Kroger and demand to be the first in the express lane? Or get money back when you have to wait in line? I just dont understand the hate.. If you want the perk spend the 50 bucks if you dont..than dont hate on the people who do

I wish there was a Like button or something. Your's was a great post!

So, let me see if I have this right....Carnival had too many Platinum guests so they had to change the way you get to Platinum to contral the amount of people...so that they can now charge people to get the same perks?

Give this lady a prize!!!!

You are correct and it kinda makes you want to say......SERIOUSLY CARNIVAL!:)

Luckily, we've never experienced that, but we are early boarders.

So are we! But the last few cruises I have worn my shorts (OMG!!:eek::D) to dinner, as I haven't even had my luggage.(and it is always MY suitcase - never dh's or 2 dd's!!) And I do tip the porters very nicely when handing off the luggage at port!:)

I agree with those who have said Carnival isn't always the best at implementing things or following policies, but we will soon find out...

I keep seeing this repeated, but I've never seen an example of it, and I've been cruising since 1994. Remember that Carnival is a for profit company whose policies are created to maximize said profits. I would like to read some examples of Carnival's implementation of policies that can be demonstrated to be "not always the best".

Carnival is the largest, most successful and most profitable cruise line in the world. They must be doing something right. Simply repeating statements such as the above does not make them true.

Kevin C

We still board before the thundering herd.

The classism expressed in some of these posts from VIP customers is eye-opening. For the record, I also qualify for Carnival's VIFP perks. I've been in the so-called VIP lounges. Frankly, there's very little difference between the "thundering herd" in the so-called VIP Lounge and those in the regular seating areas.

I've always found it odd to see people in the VIP lounge sitting on the floor, but because they are allowed on the ship first, think it's a perk! And, when the signal is given for VIPs to board, watch out! Because your VIP self will get mowed down by your fellow VIPs as individuals surge forward to be the first VIP on the ship.

I keep seeing this repeated, but I've never seen an example of it, and I've been cruising since 1994. Remember that Carnival is a for profit company whose policies are created to maximize said profits. I would like to read some examples of Carnival's implementation of policies that can be demonstrated to be "not always the best".

Carnival is the largest, most successful and most profitable cruise line in the world. They must be doing something right. Simply repeating statements such as the above does not make them true.

Kevin C

always remember, it was the repeat cruisers, and the word of mouth spread on how wonderful it was to cruise, that helped them build this cruise line into making it the most profitable... with changes being implemented that many are unhappy with, this could change. Norwegion used to have not so good a reputation... but I see that changing for the better for them...

Archived