Why are you upset of the new f2f program?

vols_159

I just dont get it.. Alot of people take these policy announcements so seriously! You spend more money at your local walmart or grocery store ect.. Do you walk in to Kroger and demand to be the first in the express lane? Or get money back when you have to wait in line? I just dont understand the hate.. If you want the perk spend the 50 bucks if you dont..than dont hate on the people who do

I don't think that many people are upset - just the (very) vocal minority.

It's mostly diamond and platinum members who don't like the common "riff-faff" getting in on their action.

For the record, we will be platinum on our next cruise and I am so hoping the FTTF will be offered - the early room access and early luggage will make embarkation day more fun!

It's more the principle of the thing. If you were at work and after 20 years (or whatever number) you were supposed to get "something", like so many weeks of vacation, and then the company stated well any new employee could buy that perk for "x" number of dollars wouldn't you feel cheated? The only real problem I can see is logistics in the Platinum/Diamond Guest Services line and the priority tenders where it already can be a problem without adding more numbers into the equation.

It is more the fact that for so long things were promised due to loyalty to the cruise line and now it's just a watered down perk. Also, since this comes up right after the new loyalty program was announced which was not as great as what was promised or alluded to and in fact things were taken away instead of added to. Even though this is a test program only, I really think it has already been decided that it will be permanent and available across the fleet. Why else would a test program be available for purchase at least 8 months from now. It has been announced that the Platinum/Diamond guests will all get the early cabin entry and early luggage delivery as additional perks but that will not happen until after the test program which I cannot find out how long that is. Certainly they must have some idea how long they're going to be testing this. In reality I don't think anyone will be stopped from going to their cabin early and a lot of people have already been doing this.

It's going to be interesting and I think more people will now be willing to try another cruise line instead of just staying with Carnival. Realistically, even if all of the Diamond and probably Platinum cruisers left Carnival, it wouldn't make any difference since it seems they make a lot more money from the new cruisers than the long term ones.

Here's a thought for the Diamond/Platinum folks:

Each cruise you go on now ... you save 50 bucks!:)

While we (those who choose to buy this new F2F "excursion") shell out our money, you don't have to. Lucky you!:)

I just wish it had been available one week sooner and on Ecstasy.:(

Cheers!

It's only the same few vocal people that have always complained about the platinum program from the get go. Whether it's about the ability for non VIP'S allowed onboard with VIP's because of the credit card info (which btw never caused any distress) to not getting what THEY think THEY should get. Everyone has their own ideas of what is right or wrong. The reality is Carnival has always targeted the first time cruisers which they have been very successful at. And they will continue to do what is best for the compny and nothing else.

Fair? LOL! You are just a past guest NUMBER to them.

I just dont get it.. Alot of people take these policy announcements so seriously! You spend more money at your local walmart or grocery store ect.. Do you walk in to Kroger and demand to be the first in the express lane? Or get money back when you have to wait in line? I just dont understand the hate.. If you want the perk spend the 50 bucks if you dont..than dont hate on the people who do

What's the "f2f" program?

It's more the principle of the thing. If you were at work and after 20 years (or whatever number) you were supposed to get "something", like so many weeks of vacation, and then the company stated well any new employee could buy that perk for "x" number of dollars wouldn't you feel cheated?

No.. because I have a earned a free perk that they have to pay for.

This actually happens all the time.. it's a paid for time-off versus unpaid time-off.

I really don't see what the fuss is about either. We've been platinum since they started the program. I don't see where it will change anything for us. We still board before the thundering herd. We've always went on to our room and stowed our carry-ons. We've got laundry service for two platinum cards. We've been to just about any port that Carnival sails, so we're usually not in a hurry to go ashore and if we do we'll still have priority tender. If we want to debark early we always get #1 cards for upon returning.

I think that the ones that will be upset are the folks that choose to purchase one of these F2F passes. Most don't realize how many platinum and up cruisers there are on each sailing. It will put them ahead of some of the other cruisers, but unless they get to the cruise terminal early it won't even do that. If we weren't platinum, I certainly wouldn't give Carnival an extra $50 for a few minutes head start.

The point I have tried to make is the fact that Carnival has a long history of not being able to handle programs like this properly.

Personally, more chaos at embarkation and debarkation is not something I want to see.

Miami will probably be ok....but you have other ports that do not have the space for extra lines (and some ports that do not even have a VIP office) that are going to really struggle to keep this orderly.

Actually the folks that ought to be upset are those who are not VIP....because IF you do not buy this program....your chance of getting that dinner time changed or getting on that early tender for your independent excursion...just went to zero.

Also folks need to remember that it was only 2 months ago when Carnival kicked about 2,000 of their most loyal members in the teeth .... ALL because Carnival did not handle the Milestone program correctly. Carnival could not managed something as simple as that.

And now this just seems like pouring salt in that wound.....

Think about it....as another Cruise Critic member put it....

if you paid premium dollars for those front row tickets to your favorite concert....and they moved the stage to the left (so now you are on row 25)....

something tells me you are not going to be happy !!

And the potential chaos at embarkation (due to poorly trained Carnival Reps, lack of space and those seeking to abuse the loophole) and the definate chaos at VIP debarkation that is already a zoo ..... is enough to make folks just shake their heads.

What I don't understand is why those you are not affected think they have the right to tell those who are....how they are allowed to feel?

Those who are upset do not have any obligation to justify their feelings to anyone. period

It will affect others. I used to be an amusement park junkie and once six flags introduced a pay to go to the front of the line, the wait times for everyone else increased greatly. They told us that they would limit the number of these passes they sold so it would not make the lines longer for everyone else. Wrong, they never sold out of these passes.

I can see this happening with this system as well. Even if I get to the port first, I will now be behind the group that buys the F2F pass. Time to tender, now I have to wait longer for the extra people who purchased the F2F.

This program will affect everyone else who doesn't purchase the pass, how much is yet to be determined.

I don't think that many people are upset - just the (very) vocal minority.

It's mostly diamond and platinum members who don't like the common "riff-faff" getting in on their action.

For the record, we will be platinum on our next cruise and I am so hoping the FTTF will be offered - the early room access and early luggage will make embarkation day more fun!

BINGO!

It's only the same few vocal people that have always complained about the platinum program from the get go. Whether it's about the ability for non VIP'S allowed onboard with VIP's because of the credit card info (which btw never caused any distress) to not getting what THEY think THEY should get. Everyone has their own ideas of what is right or wrong. The reality is Carnival has always targeted the first time cruisers which they have been very successful at. And they will continue to do what is best for the compny and nothing else.

Fair? LOL! You are just a past guest NUMBER to them.

BINGO!

And for the record, I'm Diamond and have absolutely no problem with it.

If Carnival wants to give us more perks, fine. If they want to take them all away. fine. I cruised with Carnival before there was a loyalty program and would continue cruising with them if the program disappeared tomorrow.

I don't cruise for perks and know that Carnival owes us nothing. I cruise because I like cruising. I also understand that the loyalty program is and always has been subject to change. Change happens.

I doubt I'll notice a change in the level of my service, yet Carnival has found a way to subsidize my existing perks. Brilliant! Meanwhile, I've gained two extra perks. Also, Brilliant!

I think people need to keep in mind that loyalty is a choice. No one is making anyone sail 10 cruises or whatever to get diamond or Platnium. The new program is good for people like me who will never be able to afford diamond or Platnium status, but would like to pay for an extra bonus. Idk why the people who are diamond and Platnium are mad because they are getting the new perks added to their status anyways. I think it's good that Carnival is giving people a chance who can't cruise several times a year.

Something else that has not been considered....

is how is this going to affect the cabin preparation?

If you are on a cruise and decide to wait and leisurely get off the ship with the last group....but the new folks coming into YOUR cabin have this "ready by 10:30am guarantee".....guess who is going to get run out their cabin that morning.

And if the cabin stewards now have all these cabins to be ready by 10:30am....how well are these cabins going to be "prepared"?

Just like the numerous complaints about slow service and cold food since the 3 man system was put in place in the Main Dining Room.....things that look like they will work in theory.....end up being a mess in reality.

Something else that has not been considered....

is how is this going to affect the cabin preparation?

If you are on a cruise and decide to wait and leisurely get off the ship with the last group....but the new folks coming into YOUR cabin have this "ready by 10:30am guarantee".....guess who is going to get run out their cabin that morning.

And if the cabin stewards now have all these cabins to be ready by 10:30am....how well are these cabins going to be "prepared"?

Just like the numerous complaints about slow service and cold food since the 3 man system was put in place in the Main Dining Room.....things that look like they will work in theory.....end up being a mess in reality.

Princess cabins are ready for everyone upon boarding. I would assume they would have everyone leave their cabins earlier like they do. It can be done. Really.

Because people think that the perks they get on the cruise make them better than the rest of the lowly common cruiser...so if someone can pay for the perks then they aren't "special" anymore...

This is how I see it... I cruised 10 times with Carnival and they bestowed upon me a title of Platinum to reward me for cruising with them 10 times. When I got this title, I also gained access to several perks. Happy to have reached a level where Carnival showed me their appreciation, I gladly took advantage of said perks.

However, suddenly, Carnival takes some of the same perks I have been given and (rather cheaply) tells everyone else that they, too, can experience these perks. That doesn't bother me too much until I realize that I won't be the only one getting in the lines to get onboard early (=longer lines) and that I won't be the only ones in the VIP line at the purser's desk (=longer lines) and for priority tenders (=longer lines).

So I am left wondering how much they valued me in the first place and feel a little betrayed that they would choose to make extra money at the expense of current Platinum/Diamond cruisers. Should I suck it up? Probably. Change is inevitable? Sure. Money drives corporations? Absolutely. But, that doesn't mean I don't feel a little dejected because of this. Did I take my "title" a little too much to heart? Maybe. But, Carnival was the one who emphasized it and made it something to work towards and attain.

I, for one, am thrilled...just booked it on the Imagination for Sept 10.

Will see how it goes, and I will only need it one more time as I will be Platinum before Dec 31, 2013 anyway....but to not have to schlep your bags all over while waiting for your cabin to be cleared ~ it's like winning the lottery HA

I'm cruising Princess in Nov for the first time. Will be very interested to see how they handle embarkation, guest services, etc. as a newbie.

Cheers!

JNP

BINGO!

BINGO!

And for the record, I'm Diamond and have absolutely no problem with it.

If Carnival wants to give us more perks, fine. If they want to take them all away. fine. I cruised with Carnival before there was a loyalty program and would continue cruising with them if the program disappeared tomorrow.

I don't cruise for perks and know that Carnival owes us nothing. I cruise because I like cruising. I also understand that the loyalty program is and always has been subject to change. Change happens.

I doubt I'll notice a change in the level of my service, yet Carnival has found a way to subsidize my existing perks. Brilliant! Meanwhile, I've gained two extra perks. Also, Brilliant!

BINGO, I agree 100% except I am platinum. :p

Archived