Why are you upset of the new f2f program?

vols_159

Don't know how many Princess has compared to Carnival. And honestly don't care. The point is it has been proven that it can be done. I will not assume anything otherwise.

Absolutely, it all remains to be seen.

LIKE...I have never understood why everyone is in such a hurry to get on a ship that isn't going to move until it is sail away time..PERIOD....but we did see some of the "VIP ROYALTY" on our last cruise.....we were actually in Zone 1 and the VIP ROYALTY was separated by a mere rope and maybe 10 feet from us "commoners" and hubby and I were sitting there people watching and talking to the people around us and just enjoying looking outside at that ship, knowing I would be sailing on that beautiful floating resort for the next 5 days.....all of a sudden "PRINCESS NO MANNERS" came up to where we were all sitting and ask us if we were VIP and the guy sitting next to me just looked at her like she lost her mind and told her," depends on what day it is and if his wife allowed him to be that day" and all of us really thought with the good mood we were all in that it was funny...and then he seriously told her that it was right past that rope and pointed toward the area where the VIPS were sitting and now standing up against the wall, because there were no more chairs....that woman had the nerve to tell the guy that all of us would be moved to make room for the VIPS to sit down.....and he calmly told her that we were sat down from a Carnival representative and told us this was Zone 1 and as far as he was concerned, this was where WE were supposed to be, and then he just kind of turned away from her and started talking to his wife....the "VIP PRINCESS" says under her breath..."we will see about that", and takes off to Lord knows where, but comes back with a Carnival Rep and is basically demanding that we be moved so there is more room for the standing VIPS.....the Carnival Rep looked at her with the same look the guy sitting with us gave her, and proceeded to tell her NO....because in order to move us, he would have to go down the line moving EVERYONE, and that wasn't going to happen, and she was more than welcome to either go past the rope and stand or there were several empty seats all the way back to the end of the zones area,and Oh My Gosh, you would have thought the Rep sentenced her to a dungeon, and her words to him were "and how are we supposed to get on the ship before all these people"?...and you could tell the Rep was getting very perturbed at her attitude, especially when she started throwing out how many cruises she has been on with Carnival.....Blah, Blah, Blah...so my conclusion that day, after all this time reading on the boards about VIPS and their perks....that some of you on here are correct , maybe Carnival is gearing toward the newer cruisers, because they are tired of the same old complaining from those who think they are so derserving every cruise. I have made myself a vow to quit cruising if it comes to the point where I have to tell people how many cruises I have been on....because no one cares, but me...and I vow to quit cruising when my vacation time turns into nothing but griping about someone else having an opportunity to enjoy their cruise by paying $50 for the same things I may not be having to pay for...big Whoop.....

Great story LOL!

I just dont get it.. Alot of people take these policy announcements so seriously! You spend more money at your local walmart or grocery store ect.. Do you walk in to Kroger and demand to be the first in the express lane? Or get money back when you have to wait in line? I just dont understand the hate.. If you want the perk spend the 50 bucks if you dont..than dont hate on the people who do

Great post, could not agree more:D:D

LIKE...I have never understood why everyone is in such a hurry to get on a ship that isn't going to move until it is sail away time..PERIOD....but we did see some of the "VIP ROYALTY" on our last cruise.....we were actually in Zone 1 and the VIP ROYALTY was separated by a mere rope and maybe 10 feet from us "commoners" and hubby and I were sitting there people watching and talking to the people around us and just enjoying looking outside at that ship, knowing I would be sailing on that beautiful floating resort for the next 5 days.....all of a sudden "PRINCESS NO MANNERS" came up to where we were all sitting and ask us if we were VIP and the guy sitting next to me just looked at her like she lost her mind and told her," depends on what day it is and if his wife allowed him to be that day" and all of us really thought with the good mood we were all in that it was funny...and then he seriously told her that it was right past that rope and pointed toward the area where the VIPS were sitting and now standing up against the wall, because there were no more chairs....that woman had the nerve to tell the guy that all of us would be moved to make room for the VIPS to sit down.....and he calmly told her that we were sat down from a Carnival representative and told us this was Zone 1 and as far as he was concerned, this was where WE were supposed to be, and then he just kind of turned away from her and started talking to his wife....the "VIP PRINCESS" says under her breath..."we will see about that", and takes off to Lord knows where, but comes back with a Carnival Rep and is basically demanding that we be moved so there is more room for the standing VIPS.....the Carnival Rep looked at her with the same look the guy sitting with us gave her, and proceeded to tell her NO....because in order to move us, he would have to go down the line moving EVERYONE, and that wasn't going to happen, and she was more than welcome to either go past the rope and stand or there were several empty seats all the way back to the end of the zones area,and Oh My Gosh, you would have thought the Rep sentenced her to a dungeon, and her words to him were "and how are we supposed to get on the ship before all these people"?...and you could tell the Rep was getting very perturbed at her attitude, especially when she started throwing out how many cruises she has been on with Carnival.....Blah, Blah, Blah...so my conclusion that day, after all this time reading on the boards about VIPS and their perks....that some of you on here are correct , maybe Carnival is gearing toward the newer cruisers, because they are tired of the same old complaining from those who think they are so derserving every cruise. I have made myself a vow to quit cruising if it comes to the point where I have to tell people how many cruises I have been on....because no one cares, but me...and I vow to quit cruising when my vacation time turns into nothing but griping about someone else having an opportunity to enjoy their cruise by paying $50 for the same things I may not be having to pay for...big Whoop.....

But you sure don't mind griping and might I say lumping all VIP's into a group because you had a run in with someone that was just plain rude and would be rude in any situation.

Your "VIP ROYALTY" on our last cruise.....we were actually in Zone 1 and the VIP ROYALTY was separated by a mere rope and maybe 10 feet from us "commoners" statement was really not necessary to make your point.

Now I understand you are probably not going to like my post very well either and that is your perogative but I am really getting tired of defending the fact that I am Platinum and have earned my perks.

I have no hate, animosity, jealousy, anger or any other expletive that one may care to throw out towards anyone on this board or who cruises. I really wish that others would feel the same and think about their words before posting. It cheapens the post and the discussion in it’s entirety.

But you sure don't mind griping and might I say lumping all VIP's into a group because you had a run in with someone that was just plain rude and would be rude in any situation.

Your "VIP ROYALTY" on our last cruise.....we were actually in Zone 1 and the VIP ROYALTY was separated by a mere rope and maybe 10 feet from us "commoners" statement was really not necessary to make your point.

Now I understand you are probably not going to like my post very well either and that is your perogative but I am really getting tired of defending the fact that I am Platinum and have earned my perks.

I have no hate, animosity, jealousy, anger or any other expletive that one may care to throw out towards anyone on this board or who cruises. I really wish that others would feel the same and think about their words before posting. It cheapens the post and the discussion in it’s entirety.

I'm platinum and I pretty much agree with him :) I don't feel he lumped all of us together as I have seen the same attitude at port an on here. We just chuckle about it.

I just feel that they are starting down a path that most will not like at some point. One day while purchasing a ticket along with paying extra for a higher floor or mid section you may also add more per person for other things. Like an extra $5 per person for MDR table near the window or $10 per person if you want a table for 2. How about $50 per person gets you a chair by the pool or a good seat at the show. Going to be like flying 1 day, you pay for everything but the bathroom!

Classism is in the mind of the insecure here.

Thundering herds, hordes....cattle class on air planes. I have been among those and never felt like I was 'less'...maybe I just am not insecure.

My comment had nothing to do with insecurity. I merely pointed out that being in the VIP section doesn't really mean much especially when you find yourself sitting on the floor just like those in the regular seating areas. And, when the so-called VIPs get the go-ahead to board, it's a horrible experience because all of these special people are now kicking, scratching, and elbowing their way through the crowd just so they can be first. By the way, we might all be careful about referring to fellow human beings as "thundering herds, hordes, or cattle" because that can come across as classism.

Well if you really want to chuckle , search out, New VIFP program and see how much complaining everyone did when they announced the new program and how it was all a joke and no big deal and now alot those same people are now like , you are infringing on all of our Great benefits. :rolleyes:

I am having a hard time seeing the difference between this and an airline loyalty program? I can only speak for myself, but having "earned" perks from numerous flights with a particular airline, I do not have any feeling at all about the other passengers that pay for an upgrade. Good for them, I say! It's a much more comfortable way to fly!

Happy cruising! :)

always remember, it was the repeat cruisers, and the word of mouth spread on how wonderful it was to cruise, that helped them build this cruise line into making it the most profitable... with changes being implemented that many are unhappy with, this could change. Norwegion used to have not so good a reputation... but I see that changing for the better for them...

Norwegian just changed there loyalty program also, I went from nothing to Gold with 4 cruises

, I went from nothing to Gold with 4 cruises

Just the opposite of the Phillies they went from Champs to nothing in 4 years:eek:

Sorry I couldnt resist:p:D

Btw i like NCL loyalty program

My comment had nothing to do with insecurity.

. By the way, we might all be careful about referring to fellow human beings as "thundering herds, hordes, or cattle" because that can come across as classism.

I rest my case...

I just feel that they are starting down a path that most will not like at some point. One day while purchasing a ticket along with paying extra for a higher floor or mid section you may also add more per person for other things. Like an extra $5 per person for MDR table near the window or $10 per person if you want a table for 2. How about $50 per person gets you a chair by the pool or a good seat at the show. Going to be like flying 1 day, you pay for everything but the bathroom!

Triumph, I hope you are wrong but it does seem like this is the future. I certainly hope not. Nickel and dimeing the passengers will certainly change the value of cruising. We cruise because by the time I pay for entertainment, food, transport ect on a land vacation, my cost is usally higher or very similar to what a cruise will cost.

If they start charging us for every little thing, then land vacations become much more attractive and potentially the better deal.

That was just so wrong but so funny! Love the sense of humor.

I know it was wrong:o but Im a Giants fan and we have some great friends from Philly that lurk on these boards.

One cruise they actually tagged our cabin with Phillies logos:eek:

I am having a hard time seeing the difference between this and an airline loyalty program? I can only speak for myself, but having "earned" perks from numerous flights with a particular airline, I do not have any feeling at all about the other passengers that pay for an upgrade. Good for them, I say! It's a much more comfortable way to fly!

Happy cruising! :)

nor would you worry about other passengers accomodations if that's what the perk incuded.

Not trying to stir things up but is anyone planning to buy this program? I wonder if it would be worth it for our upcoming cruise? (We're 1st time cruisers on CCL)

I bought it yesterday while booking the Imagination leaving Sept 10.

Will be anxious to see how it works.

Cheers!

Im not upset.. I guess you are hoping to find some people that are??

Good luck I guess. I dont think its a big enough deal that people care that much.

Sorry Fire, I usually agree with you, but not this time. I see alot of upset people in regards to this. I don't think it's that big a deal either. The VIPS, Platinums and Diamonds will still board first.

The thing is that as long as the basics are still free and it keeps fares lower for everyone, why not have surcharges for some things?

If you feel you need a table by the window, or a table for two, or a chair right by the pool - you'll pay the premium. As long as I have somewhere to sit for dinner and can find a chair in deck somewhere, I'm cool - so those charges wouldn't affect me.

In fact, those particular examples would actually alleviate some issues - it would certainly make the line to see the Maitre D' much sorter, and there were be far fewer fights over prime chairs.

Not sure why do many people see the option of paying for something 'premium' to keep standard fares lower is such a bad thing...

The thing is that as long as the basics are still free and it keeps fares lower for everyone, why not have surcharges for some things?

Coming next...

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake - $4.95

Pool Chairs (First Row) - $3.00/hour

Pool Chairs (Second Row) - $2.00/hour

Priority Access to Hot Tub - $5.00

Theatre Seats (First Five Rows) - $4.99

Theatre Seats (Second Five Rows) - $3.99

Theatre Seats (First Row Balcony) - $4.99

Dinner with the Captain - $99.99

Dinner with the Safety Officer - $49.99

Dinner with the Cruise Director - Free

I agree with those who have said Carnival isn't always the best at implementing things or following policies, but we will soon find out...

I keep seeing this repeated, but I've never seen an example of it, and I've been cruising since 1994. Remember that Carnival is a for profit company whose policies are created to maximize said profits. I would like to read some examples of Carnival's implementation of policies that can be demonstrated to be "not always the best".

Carnival is the largest, most successful and most profitable cruise line in the world. They must be doing something right. Simply repeating statements such as the above does not make them true.

Kevin C

Here's an example of Carnival not implementing a program properly. The new loyalty program was announced on June 11, 2012. It took until July 21, 2012 was Carnival to call me and verify my address to send the Diamond member perks to me. I was told they would be shipped out early next week (week of July 22, 2012). When I didn't receive the package by August 6, 2012 I called the Diamond desk to see if or when they had been sent. I was told it needed to go through a supervisor and they they were at a meeting. The person took my information and was going to e-mail it to the supervisor. I was told that someone would call me back in a day or two to let me know what happened to the perks package. At the present time (August 10, 2012) I have not received a phone call back and the package has not been delivered.

Coming next...

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake - $4.95

Pool Chairs (First Row) - $3.00/hour

Pool Chairs (Second Row) - $2.00/hour

Priority Access to Hot Tub - $5.00

Theatre Seats (First Five Rows) - $4.99

Theatre Seats (Second Five Rows) - $3.99

Theatre Seats (First Row Balcony) - $4.99

Dinner with the Captain - $99.99

Dinner with the Safety Officer - $49.99

Dinner with the Cruise Director - Free

No!!! They should pay you to sit with the Cruise Director

when they do this... I am done.

Archived