Luggage tags

They've stopped the luggage tag thing unless you're C&A or Diamond. There's a huge threwad about it in RCI board.

thanks Katana, I read that thread but haven't cruised with RCI before so was wanting to know if they actually provide them in australia as a lot of the posters on the main RCI board are from the US. So even though they are limiting them to C&A, Diamond+ and suite guests (GS and above) - my question is really whether this will / does occur in Australia?

thanks Katana, I read that thread but haven't cruised with RCI before so was wanting to know if they actually provide them in australia as a lot of the posters on the main RCI board are from the US. So even though they are limiting them to C&A, Diamond+ and suite guests (GS and above) - my question is really whether this will / does occur in Australia?

Yeah, we've never gotten them anyway. It's no big deal. (Funny how some are making out like it is!)

I can't believe the fuss about not getting cruise tags. They are needed for what, at most five hours from off loading luggage until it arrives in your room and people are carrying on about it like they can't cruise without them.

Its an observation that on our recent Med cruise, the people we heard complaining about the food seemed to be from the USA. Now, I firmly believe that the quality of food in Australia is excellent. So we do know what good food tastes like. But we found the food, on most occasions to be perfectly fine. Kind of like reasonable pub food, not gourmet. I just wonder if the size of the portions, and absence of fries etc with mains, might have been more the issue than the taste. Their breads were excellent btw ESP the sourdough rolls.

I agree, we have travelled to america and they complain a lot and if the food isn't up to the standard they think it should be they whinge and whine until they get something they like. Here in Australia we just accept it and move on.

The reason I asked about the luggage tags is because I was deciding whether to buy some and I have now and they really didn't cost that much. I can't be bothered with stapling, laminating or other means of securing them to our bags, so for the small expense I have ordered them and as we are flying from Gold Coast to Sydney we can attach them once we collect our luggage from the airline baggage claim carousel. That way there is no hassle for the airline. But as we have a family suite, I thought maybe RCI would supply but again really don't care either way, just got my own and they will always be useful for other means of travel other than cruising.

All good.

I agree, we have travelled to america and they complain a lot and if the food isn't up to the standard they think it should be they whinge and whine until they get something they like. Here in Australia we just accept it and move on.

The reason I asked about the luggage tags is because I was deciding whether to buy some and I have now and they really didn't cost that much.

All good.

I didn't mean to imply you shouldn't have asked - it is a reasonable question to know what works as an alternative to RCL ones. :o My comment was more about the fuss that is being made simply because they are being withdrawn.

Had to laugh recently when landing in Heathrow. Usually there are signs to the effect of "Customer Enquiries" or similar, but in the customs area there is a sign saying "Do you want to complain" :D

I didn't mean to imply you shouldn't have asked - it is a reasonable question to know what works as an alternative to RCL ones. :o My comment was more about the fuss that is being made simply because they are being withdrawn.

Had to laugh recently when landing in Heathrow. Usually there are signs to the effect of "Customer Enquiries" or similar, but in the customs area there is a sign saying "Do you want to complain" :D

No offence taken Pushka, Just thought I would explain why I was asking. Like I said I agree with all the fuss but I like the tags that are used if they are the same as the ones on the website mentioned on another thread.....

Now that is funny...I am flying into Heathrow next month I will try to get a photo...

Sue

The reason I asked about the luggage tags is because I was deciding whether to buy some and I have now and they really didn't cost that much. I can't be bothered with stapling, laminating or other means of securing them to our bags, so for the small expense I have ordered them and as we are flying from Gold Coast to Sydney we can attach them once we collect our luggage from the airline baggage claim carousel. That way there is no hassle for the airline. But as we have a family suite, I thought maybe RCI would supply but again really don't care either way, just got my own and they will always be useful for other means of travel other than cruising.

All good.

You cannot " buy" the luggage tags that are used on the ships (and there is no need to) as the porters who take your bags at the terminal will have any amount of them. The RCI ones have the ships name on them and you only have to write your name and stateroom number (which only takes a few seconds) peel off the sticky bit place the tag on the bags, drop them off and away you go to check in. You obviously can put your own name tags on but they will not be of much use to the crew delivering your bags to your room.

Best make it a clandestine photo if you do, as from memory all customs areas are strictly "no photos allowed"

Yes, that's true. Although a lot of people were using their mobiles. I reckon you could get a quick photo, the area is quite frenetic. Although I didn't manage to grab a photo of David, or the Sistine Chapel, but many others were. :(

You cannot " buy" the luggage tags that are used on the ships (and there is no need to) as the porters who take your bags at the terminal will have any amount of them.

I think that the OP means they are going to buy a tag holder, not the actual tag. For the length of time the luggage tag is required, I found the printed one that was used did the job admirably.

From what I was reading in the other thread, was that it was all about the prestige or the visibility to show others what grade of passenger they are. Same deal with the diamond pin and the extras that are given.

I was also told once by a bar steward that he much prefers cruises that originate from Australia with less US passengers as we are "so much more easy going, and little things do not upset you."

Best make it a clandestine photo if you do, as from memory all customs areas are strictly "no photos allowed"

Thanks for the "heads up" I would not want to feature in a UK version of Border Security! Didn't realise it was in the customs area.

Sue

I think that the OP means they are going to buy a tag holder, not the actual tag. For the length of time the luggage tag is required, I found the printed one that was used did the job admirably.

From what I was reading in the other thread, was that it was all about the prestige or the visibility to show others what grade of passenger they are. Same deal with the diamond pin and the extras that are given.

I was also told once by a bar steward that he much prefers cruises that originate from Australia with less US passengers as we are "so much more easy going, and little things do not upset you."

Yes thats what i meant the tag holder .... Plastic thingamy bobs! My TA said he would print everything for me and put everything in a travel folder but none of these tag holders, and yes i was reading the thread on the main board and have concluded that what happens here might just be different to there ... So thanks for your advice.

:D:D:D

Love it.:D

Ok good.....so u can still get them (the way people were talking about it sounded like u get nothing at all). It would be much easier tho if all lines had them printed up for u with name cabin number ect that way it would be easier for staff to read them and understand it so (fingers crossed) they make it to the right cabin.

I know on our cruise in March we had to go to another floor to find our bags......not good!

Archived