Sky attire

Patgo

Cruising on the Sky in September, 5 nighter.

WE have cruised many times mostly Royal. I know that the Sky is more casual and that suits me just fine.

However. some questions. Does my husband need a Sports coat for any night or are pants and golf shirts the norm in the dinging room.

For me are crops and capris okay in the dinging roon. This is a short cruise and we are trying to travel light this time.

We have done the Tux, formal nights many times but prefer this time to keep it more casual, however, we want to be dressed correctly and feel comfortable.

Opinions please...

Slacks and a sport shirt will cover everything for your husband. Your suggestions for yourself are great.

Shorts are ok for everything except one main dining room and the French restaurant for dinner.

There might be a dress up or not night, it is completely optional and most do it to have a formal picture taken.

You will be fine, enjoy your cruise.

You can really pack light. The SKY cruise is probably the most informal ship of all of them--or perhaps it is the shorter cruises. Food quality and service are still great though. Actually my son got by fine with just collared shirts--and no sport jacket at all. But I will say that if you WISH to dress up you will not be out of place.

The Sky is most casual of all NCL ships. Every day is a different port and it is the Bahamas. I think your husband can get arrested in the Bahamas for wearing a sorts coat, but dont quote me ;)

Freestyle = casual. You can wear shorts or jeans in EVERY restaurant including Cagneys (except Le Bistro).

We just sailed on the Sky at the end of July. It was the 3 night cruise.

There was not a dress up or formal night.

Everyday the dailies stated the dress in all venues included shorts and a shirt.

The actual wording was "Dress Code: Resort casual and shorts are allowed in all dining venues. Shoes and shirt must be worn."

I realize dress policies are a big issue for some so I am just telling you what NCL said was the policy.

Some people were in slacks and a shirt and many women wore dresses however, the majority of people were dressed very casually in the MDR and even in Cagneys. We didn't go to the French restaurant however the policy did state all venues.

I didn't see any tuxedos.

We had a great time but the time goes by too quickly.

We were one of the first to board and headed straight to the Italian place for pasta and pizza (no charge for lunch) while most people went to the buffet and MDR.

• 4 weeks later...

So after reading this thread I just want to clarify. My husband does not need a pair of pants/slacks and may wear dress shorts to every venue on the Sky? We are planning on going to Cagneys for our anniversary dinner and he prefers to wear a Hawaiian (Tommy Bahamas type shirt) and dress shorts if this is acceptable.

we are on the 4 day leaving on Monday!! :o)

Trish

So after reading this thread I just want to clarify. My husband does not need a pair of pants/slacks and may wear dress shorts to every venue on the Sky? We are planning on going to Cagneys for our anniversary dinner and he prefers to wear a Hawaiian (Tommy Bahamas type shirt) and dress shorts if this is acceptable.

we are on the 4 day leaving on Monday!! :o)

Trish

Yes. I went back to my Freestyle Dailies from February just to make sure I didn't misquote anything. It is clearly stated under Dress Code: "Resort casual and shorts are allowed in all dining venue. Shoes and shirt must be worn."

We are boarding the Sky in February for the weekend cruise, and then the following Wednesday boarding the Sun for an 11 day. All I can think about is how embarassing it is going to be to pull up for a 3 night cruise with 2 big suitcases to do us for the 2 weeks. Big tip for the porter!:)

We are boarding the Sky in February for the weekend cruise, and then the following Wednesday boarding the Sun for an 11 day. All I can think about is how embarassing it is going to be to pull up for a 3 night cruise with 2 big suitcases to do us for the 2 weeks. Big tip for the porter!:)

I've seen worse for a three-nighter! Don't fret about it for a second. Enjoy!

Archived