Miami Hotel Advice

mariemorgan

We are going on a cruise out of Miami in January.

I've looking at a variety of Hotels as we are going 2 days before the cruise. One being the Holiday Inn Downtown Port of Miami. I see this is near Bayside Marketplace.

Should we stay in the downtown area or the beach area? If we stay downtown is it easy to find transportation to South Beach for the day? If so is it a taxi or do they have some other type of transportation out there?

We are going on a cruise out of Miami in January.

I've looking at a variety of Hotels as we are going 2 days before the cruise. One being the Holiday Inn Downtown Port of Miami. I see this is near Bayside Marketplace.

Should we stay in the downtown area or the beach area? If we stay downtown is it easy to find transportation to South Beach for the day? If so is it a taxi or do they have some other type of transportation out there?

We will be going to Miami in April, 2013 and have made our reservations at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, 657 Minola Dr, Miami Springs..that's just 5 mins from the airport. They have free shuttle from MIA and free shuttle to POM and free hot breakfast..It's also rated #1 on tripadvisor....I am sure they can give you info about transportation to various areas in and around Miami should you choose to stay there..Have a great cruise.

I would stay either downtown or at South Beach. South Beach is best for nightlife and of course the beach.

In addition to the Holiday Inn I would look at Hampton Inn and the Intercontinental which are downtown. I would recommend those two over the Holiday Inn.

Keith

I would not stay out near the airport for two days prior to a cruise unless you rent a car to get around - you will be a long distance from the beach and most of the good dining options. MIA area hotels are great for those flying in the day before their cruise who just want dinner and a clean bed. ;)

Several downtown hotels, including the Holiday Inn & Intercontinental, are within walking distance of Bayside Market. Other hotels to consider include the Doubletree, Marriott and Hyatt. A taxi to South Beach will cost you about $12-15+ each way (for the cab, not per person); the hotel front desk should be able to point you to public bus service that will get you there and back for less (unless there are 4 or more in your group).

Good luck! :)

We will be going to Miami in April, 2013 and have made our reservations at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, 657 Minola Dr, Miami Springs..that's just 5 mins from the airport. They have free shuttle from MIA and free shuttle to POM and free hot breakfast..It's also rated #1 on tripadvisor....I am sure they can give you info about transportation to various areas in and around Miami should you choose to stay there..Have a great cruise.

I didn't know they had free shuttle to POM...we are booked there for our December cruise. That is great news! I was going to look for a hotel/motel that had free shuttles from the airport and to the POM...guess I don't have to now! They should post this on their website, or maybe I just missed it? Thanks for the information!

Is there a grocery or liquor store within walking distance from either the Hampton or Holiday Inn suggested?

There is a Publix which is about a 10 minute walk or about a 15-20 minute walk from both hotels. They carry wine.

There is also a liquor store that is not too far from either location, but for wine I would just go to Publix and it is located right near the Mary Brickell Village which has some stores and there are also a lot of restaurants around there as well.

Keith

Archived