Soda fountain packages

Does anyone know what the savings if any when purchasing soda packages pre-cruise?

There is none. Actually, you are better booking it once you get on the ship. If you pre-book, you mug gets put into your cabin. So if you are on the ship prior to 1 pm, you cannot use your mug. If you plan to board after 1 pm then pre-book it. Price is the same either way.

Does anyone know what the savings if any when purchasing soda packages pre-cruise?

I read on another thread that they are currently offering a deal if bought by August 31. $6 per day instead of $6.50 per day.

And if you pre-purchase and board early, you can always get a soda in a regular cup -- no need to wait till you can get into your cabin to get your mug.

This was from an e-mail I recieved this week for my upcoming cruise Limited-time soda savings

off the onboard price! Offer

valid through August 31st.2Y_spacer.gif2Y_90_61.jpgBut, on my pre-cruise planner it says: Enjoy savings off the onboard fountain soda price by pre-purchasing online.

The cost of a fountain soda package is determined by the length of your stay, with an average daily cost of *6.12 CAD for Adults and *4.08 CAD for Children*. (*Child prices available for kids under 18.)

Package Price for your {15} night cruise:

Adult: *124.39 CAD

Child: *84.76 CAD

This doesn't add up: $6.12x15days=$91.80x15%gratuity=105.57 What am I missing?

This was from an e-mail I recieved this week for my upcoming cruise Limited-time soda savings

valid through August 31st.2Y_spacer.gif2Y_90_61.jpgBut, on my pre-cruise planner it says: Enjoy savings off the onboard fountain soda price by pre-purchasing online.

The cost of a fountain soda package is determined by the length of your stay, with an average daily cost of *6.12 CAD for Adults and *4.08 CAD for Children*. (*Child prices available for kids under 18.)

I had the same problem...I am guessing you are from Canada since mine says the same price... I have a 10 night cruise so mine should have been $61.20+tips but instead it was like $66+tip....if you find out why please let me know...I called RCI and was on hold forever and they can't figure it out :confused: I ended up purchasing for the higher price as it was only a $5 difference but still it should have been cheaper!

I always heard the best deal was to purchase the soda package after the ship had left port... otherwise you are charged sales tax at the port rate. Perhaps this is the price differential mentioned above?

Depends on the departure port.

:)

I called the pre-cruise planner desk and they quoted me the sale price of $7.48/day gratuities included/adult and $5.18/day/child. Unfortunately their server was having problems so I could not book it and will call back tomorrow. I hope the price remains the same.

I called the pre-cruise planner desk and they quoted me the sale price of $7.48/day gratuities included/adult and $5.18/day/child. Unfortunately their server was having problems so I could not book it and will call back tomorrow. I hope the price remains the same.

That is the regular price of $6.50 & $4.50 per day plus 15% gratuity.

It's very similar when you try and book it on the UK site says one price but charges you another to the tune of £20!

I Just Ordered The SFP Via RC's Site

Prices in: CAN$/CDN$

7 Night W. Caribbean Allure OTS 18/Nov/12 - 24/Nov/12

Unlimited FSP $ 46.41

Gratuity $ 6.96

TOTAL $ 53.37

That works out to: $6.63/Night CAN$/CDN$

And if you pre-purchase and board early, you can always get a soda in a regular cup -- no need to wait till you can get into your cabin to get your mug.

True BUT when you Pre order: The Written Coke Logo is PART of your SeaPass Card

So Thermos Mug or NO you can get Soda from the time you are aboard ship on day 1

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem as some posters above, according to my RCI site it says...

The cost of a fountain soda package is determined by the length of your stay, with an average daily cost of *5.94 CAD for Adults and *3.96 CAD for Children*. (*Child prices available for kids under 18.)

Package Price for your {16} night cruise:

Adult: *118.80 CAD

Child: *83.16 CAD

This math isn't adding up what soever. $5.94 * 16 nights = $95.04.

That's a whole $23.76 higher than the quoted $5.94...

What I also don't get is $118.80/16 is $7.40 so it's waaaay more than even the price on the ship.

What the heck?

I'm having the same problem as some posters above, according to my RCI site it says...

This math isn't adding up what soever. $5.94 * 16 nights = $95.04.

That's a whole $23.76 higher than the quoted $5.94...

What I also don't get is $118.80/16 is $7.40 so it's waaaay more than even the price on the ship.

What the heck?

This is the quote that was sent to me from RCI "There is an additional tax...... a Spanish Tax applicable on all the ports of call sailing out from Malaga, Spain.

VAT = Value added tax

15 % Gratutiy + 8% VAT is additional to the soda package price. Please note we charge as per length of the cruise for one soda package."

it is $4.50+15% Grats + 8% Spanish VAT = $5.60 daily x 15 days = $84 USD

We do not control the currency conversion...which can be a factor....... CAD / USD" This still doesn't add up so I gave up. A couple days later the price dropped a couple of dollars (probably due to the exchange rate) so keep checking or you can try e-mailing them to see if you get a better response. Good Luck!

Archived