Celebrity Reflection Undocking Live Chat - Aug 12, 2012 - Wish We Werft There !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I hope you will join us tonight for Celebrity Reflection's Undocking from the Meyer-Werft Shipyard in Papenburg Germany. We've offered this for all of Celebrity's 5 Solstice-Class ships, and it's always exciting & fun !

If all goes according to plan, the Undocking is scheduled to begin at 1:30 AM EST. The link to the video can be found here :

http://www.ndr.de/regional/niedersachsen/oldenburg/celebrity131.html

For the Engligh translation, click here : http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ndr.de%2Fregional%2Fniedersachsen%2Foldenburg%2Fcelebrity131.html%23&act=url

I'm looking forward to tonight's chat !!!

FYI, here's the information on Reflection's Undocking, from the Meyer-Werft Website : http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=2046

Float out of Celebrity Reflection

Fifth ship for Celebrity Cruises to leave the building dock

Celebrity Reflection berthed in Yard Harbour

On early Sunday morning of 12 August the Celebrity Reflection, the new cruise ship for the US cruise company Celebrity Cruises (Miami), will be floated out of the covered building dock II of MEYER WERFT, assisted by tugs. The float-out will start around 7.30 a.m. By 9 a.m. the ship will be berthed at the pier. Then a crane will put the signal mast in place, which will be installed in the following. Several tests and trials will take place on board all day. In the evening the two funnels are supposed to be mounted.

With the ship being berthed at the yard's pier, the remaining interior finishing work as well as tests and trials will be carried out in the next few weeks. Once the float-out is completed, the first crew members will move into their quarters on board. The Celebrity Reflection will stay berthed at the pier of MEYER WERFT until the Ems conveyance. She will be the maritime backdrop for the Papenburg Festival 2012 which will take place on the premises next to MEYER WERFT on 8 September.

The Celebrity Reflection is likely to be conveyed to the sea trials port of Eemshaven (NL) between 16 and 18 September, where she will be delivered to the Owner as scheduled. The detailed time schedule for the conveyance will be released at short notice.

The 126,000-gt cruise ship Celebrity Eclipse is 319 m long and 37.40 m wide. In 1,515 cabins more than 3,030 passengers can be accommodated. She can reach a speed of 23 knots. She is the only ship among her four sisters that has 16 decks rather than 15, which increases the number of cabins by another 72, and provides more space in the theatre and in the restaurants.

The time schedule for the float-out may change at short notice due to weather conditions!

Hi Andy:) is this going to be available for those of us who will be

sleeping at that time?;):eek:.....If I click on the link tomorrow will there

be a replay?

Hi Andy:) is this going to be available for those of us who will be

sleeping at that time?;):eek:.....If I click on the link tomorrow will there

be a replay?

Hi Lois,

Tonight's video will be streamed live via webcam. I'm unsure if a replay will be offered. We can hope Celebrity will make it happen, but that's anyone's guess.

Maybe I can get Jacquie to make waffles so I can have an early breakfast and watch the undocking. ;)

Hi Ed,

Does your DW have Celebrity's recipe ? :). I hope you will join us... less than 2 hours to go !

Hi Lois,

Tonight's video will be streamed live via webcam. I'm unsure if a replay will be offered. We can hope Celebrity will make it happen, but that's anyone's guess.

In the past there has been no replay of the undocking except what is shot by locals and downloaded onto youtube. Celebrity Cruises has been quite a disappointment when it comes to media matters including the Solsticization of the Millennium-class and the building of it's own ships at MeyerWerft. Thankfully we have some expert contributors like ANDREAS DEPPING and PATRICK who will hopefully chime in tomorrow with pictures of the event.

Hi, Andy. I refreshed a few minutes ago and got that great shot of the flooded dock and aft of Reflection, too!

Will it become a streaming video, or do we just refresh for updates?

Enjoying along with you from Davie (Fort Lauderdale) Florida!

Thanks.

Cyndi

Hi, Andy. I refreshed a few minutes ago and got that great shot of the flooded dock and aft of Reflection, too!

Will it become a streaming video, or do we just refresh for updates?

Enjoying along with you from Davie (Fort Lauderdale) Florida!

Thanks.

Cyndi

Hi Cyndi -

Looks like the stream just went live : http://www.ndr.de/regional/niedersachsen/oldenburg/celebrity131.html

Looking good. It's like watching the birth of a luxury liner! Workers, please, don't put a ding on her. Keep her pristine for my October cruise!!!

Lucky you Boogs. I'm not onboard until December 5th in Miami, which is her first revenue sailing after the TA. I believe they will have a couple of 2 nighters by invite for VIP's, TA's & Media on 12/1 & 12/3, but nothing has been announced yet.

If you can't get it on the translated site (which I cannot), go to the original site, the link Andy posted first. That feed is working great.

Thank you Blaze - This is the link to use : http://www.ndr.de/regional/niedersachsen/oldenburg/celebrity131.html , then click on the play button, to see the live stream.

I guess I will not see sine I am on an iPad with no flash mugh

Sorry to hear. This may be on Flash, so it may not work for you. When I first clicked on the link, it was a still photo, with a play button in the center of the photo. I clicked on it, and then it was in video mode.

Archived