Bringing Soft Drinks Onboard???

gem1017

...we'll be taking aboard a couple of 12-packs (sodas). If I slap a luggage tag on it and leave with porter will it successfully make it to our cabin? We've done this before but it's been almost 3yrs since our last Princess sailing and wanted to get an update. We're roundtrip out of Seattle on Star. TIA. :)

We pack a plastic crate with 2-liter bottles of sodas as well as the smaller bottles of Sobe. Tape it up, paste one of the luggage tags on it, and hubby hands off to a porter with a tip. No problem getting to our cabin. We did this as recent as our December cruise. The earlier poster who commented that Princess doesn't allow you to bring on soda either accidentally put the NOT in his post or doesn't know what he's talking about.

• 2 years later...
Is this info up to date? Can you bring soda, water, and 1 bottle of wine/champagne per person? Also, can you non-alcoholic drinks on at ports?

For embarkation, it is correct. In port it will depend on the ship staff and who is checking what you bring on board. I have brought alcoholic and non on board at ports. That being said. I have seen people stopped. All you can do is try?

For embarkation, it is correct. In port it will depend on the ship staff and who is checking what you bring on board. I have brought alcoholic and non on board at ports. That being said. I have seen people stopped. All you can do is try?
You shouldn't have any issue with bringing on non-alcoholic drinks in ports. You may be stopped to verify that you are not brining wine or other alcohol as they may charge $15 corkage for wine and they may hold other alcohol until the end of the cruise.

Is this info up to date? Can you bring soda, water, and 1 bottle of wine/champagne per person? Also, can you non-alcoholic drinks on at ports?

Actually, you can bring on as many bottles as you want. You will be charged the $15 corkage fee at embarkation for all but the first bottle.

If you bring that first bottle to the dining room, you will be charged the corkage fee at that time.

I bring 4 12-packs of Cherry Coke Zero, and wife brings a few bottles of wine.

Planning on bringing caffeine free coke zero on next cruise, so do you wrap them all together with super tape or put them in a case or box ??? Then pop a tag on them, always take a flat of water for DH,( his legs swell up otherwise) super tape it and pop on a tag, just was not sure how to pack soda.

Thanks for any responses.

Cori

In fact Princess allows you to bring on more than Carnival. Carnival limits you to 12 cans or bottles of up to 20 ounces each. No such limit on Princess

Not true on Carnival any more. Now you can only bring cans-no bottles. Same with water. You can purchase cases of water from Carnival. Cheaper if you purchase online prior to the cruise than if you purchase on the ship. (Price is about double as I remember if you purchase on the ship.) This was effective 9 Jul 15.

No such rule on Princess however.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

Princess like other lines has a policy that states you can bring wine and champagne on board for consumption in your cabin. You are NOT permitted to bring soda or alcoholic beverages on board other than that.

That is not correct. You can bring soda on board. Bottles or cans, it makes no difference. You can carry it on board yourself or you can tape a luggage tag on it and have it checked in just like a piece of luggage.

Tom