NCL Transportation from FLL to POM

Vitality08

Here's a couple of links to look at for taxis and shuttles....

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Miami

http://www.broward.org/airport/transportation/Pages/Default.aspx

Looks like the fare would be around $70 plus tip although I would thing a shuttle could handle more people and bags than a taxi. Personally, I would stay away from the Cruiseline shuttles since they usually wait til they're full, which could be the next airplane. If you book your own, you go when you're ready and not have to wait.

I don't know NCL's price but I doubt it's less than $35pp.

Also - I've heard nothing but praise for SAS... google them.

How much does it cost?

Everything I find on the site says call the 800 number. Hoping someone here knows so I don't have to call.

Thanks.

I was quoted $40 pp when I called NCL recently, but this was for a different port. Not sure if the cost varies per port. We used NCl transfers FFL to Miami a couple years ago. There was probably a 2 hour wait while they got their act together and sent a shuttle from Miami. They time it so you arrive when They want you to arrive. The shuttles we have booked since then have been cheaper and much more convenient and timely. They are usually there within minutes of your call from the luggage area.

NCL told me for my upcoming cruise that they did not offer transfers between POM and FLL. So I took the advice of other CCers and booked directly with SAS. I am traveling solo and it will only cost me $15 and I got an immediate response to my question about how this works (who do I call? how early do they start running? etc.) I am sold and I haven't even tried them yet.

NCL told me for my upcoming cruise that they did not offer transfers between POM and FLL. So I took the advice of other CCers and booked directly with SAS. I am traveling solo and it will only cost me $15 and I got an immediate response to my question about how this works (who do I call? how early do they start running? etc.) I am sold and I haven't even tried them yet.

This kinda answers my next question. I am traveling solo so will they just match me up with other's who have also reserved their service so that they travel with a full load? Also, for the trip back will they be waiting for me at POM or will I have to call when I return.

Lastly, based on everyone's experience with SAS do you think it'll be doable to catch an 11:55 flight from FLL? The Sky docks at 7 am.

This kinda answers my next question. I am traveling solo so will they just match me up with other's who have also reserved their service so that they travel with a full load? Also, for the trip back will they be waiting for me at POM or will I have to call when I return.

Lastly, based on everyone's experience with SAS do you think it'll be doable to catch an 11:55 flight from FLL? The Sky docks at 7 am.

First let me say - I didn't realize you were 'solo'... therefore my initial response was irrelevant to your needs.

You really have to contact SAS and discuss your requirements with them (phone or email). Sounds like they will link you up with other travelers trying to do the same thing as you. They are the 'pros' and non of us can say with certainty whether or not they can get you to FLL in time for your flight, but if they can't guarantee it they probably won't book it.

I've been advised not to arrange flights out of MIA before noon.... so from FLL?? don't know, but myself, wouldn't chance it.

Know what?? - The call to NCL is free.... so why not ask!!

Good Luck

I had the same concern. My flight is at noon. I asked SAS if they had multiple vans, if they depart at specific intervals, etc. I plan to do self-debarkation so I hope to be one of the first ones off the ship. I received a quick response from them with a number to call as soon as I enter the customs building and that they have a lot of vans so no worries. I suggest you email them directly about your specific travel details.

Again, I haven't used them yet, but there seem to be a LOT of avid supporters on CC. I may be assuming too much, but since you're flying out of FLL, are you flying Southwest? If so, be sure to get Early Bird Check-in so you have one less thing to worry about.

We've used SAS several times and they have been prompt and have given excellent service every time. Remember to have their phone number on you or programmed into your phone, so you can call when you're ready to get off the ship. Steve (with SAS) will give you all the instructions you need. Be sure to tell him your concerns about your flight times and he will do his best.

Archived