Yacht Adventures

Yes, it was a sailboat about 36 feet long, with 6 passengers and 2 crew named Captain Carl, a gentleman in his 60-70's, and Katie, a young lady in her 20's who was a college student. We were supposed to go to Turtle Cove, but the water was rough so they took us to another place to snorkel. We were the only people there, and it was wonderful.

We saw many fish and also two sea turtles! Katie was our very experienced guide, and identified everything we saw. With only 6 of us, it was a very personal and relaxing sail.

I wish I could remember the name of the boat!

There are lots of "6 pack" boats- ones that are licensed for 6 passengers- not that they carry beer, although many do that also!:p Many can be arranged in advance over the internet, if you don't want to go through your cruise ship. If you Google "day charters", "sailing charters" for St Thomas, you might even find your mystery boat!

There are lots of "6 pack" boats- ones that are licensed for 6 passengers- not that they carry beer, although many do that also!:p Many can be arranged in advance over the internet, if you don't want to go through your cruise ship. If you Google "day charters", "sailing charters" for St Thomas, you might even find your mystery boat!

Thanks! I've googled and found reference to Captain Carl and Katie, but not the name of the boat. I think he told me that they only sail charters for ships now. I would love to hear of another "6 pack boat" somebody could recommend. I don't really want to just pick one without a rec!

• 1 month later...
Thanks! I've googled and found reference to Captain Carl and Katie, but not the name of the boat. I think he told me that they only sail charters for ships now. I would love to hear of another "6 pack boat" somebody could recommend. I don't really want to just pick one without a rec!

Unfortunately I can't give a recommendation, as the one we tried didn't turn out well (and we had researched it on CC and TripAdvisor). I would steer clear of Island Girl. She was a smaller sailboat, advertised as personalized with the usual amenities. The only thing good about it was the snorkeling equipment. Otherwise, we were not pleased with the condition of the boat or the friendliness of the captain. There was no "crew," and thus no guide in the water or anyone to serve drinks. I hope you can get a good recommendation and find a fun sail!

Archived